Nov 19 2012
By: XxNo0b_H8rxX Lombax Warrior 199 posts

Hidden Characters?

18 replies 663 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

My guess is that Superbot will release an update for PSAll Stars tomorrow and that update will contain about 4 unanounced characters. If they put them on disc, they would have been leaked, as we all saw from the beta mega-leak, so these 4 will be great reveals. If I had to guess the containing characters, they would be Snake, Crash, Cloud, and Wander. However, this is just a guess, and I would like to say "I told you so" if it actually comes true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 1 of 19 (663 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Hidden Characters?

Nov 19, 2012
If this happens, I'll eat my fedora at how they would punk us. But seriously, I would, because that's the least likely scenario. No teasing the characters means no speculation, which wouldn't exactly raise the hype meter the day of release. If any of those 4 will be DLC (seriously who wants TWO Metal Gear Reps? No other game gets 2 reps. Just be happy with Raiden already), it will be after Emmett and Kat are released.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 2 of 19 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 19, 2012

DevDooms wrote:
If any of those 4 will be DLC (seriously who wants TWO Metal Gear Reps? No other game gets 2 reps. Just be happy with Raiden already), it will be after Emmett and Kat are released.

Technically snake & raiden have 2 different games, Raiden is from his unreleased upcoming game while snake would most liekly be from one thats released.Further more though, if I had only 1 choice for a konami character I would scratch snake and plop in Pyramid Head.Hes been getting alot of requests lately and would be the first horror rep in the game..

Message 3 of 19 (627 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

Nov 19, 2012

DevDooms wrote:
If this happens, I'll eat my fedora at how they would punk us. But seriously, I would, because that's the least likely scenario. No teasing the characters means no speculation, which wouldn't exactly raise the hype meter the day of release. If any of those 4 will be DLC (seriously who wants TWO Metal Gear Reps? No other game gets 2 reps. Just be happy with Raiden already), it will be after Emmett and Kat are released.

Cole & Evil Cole, as you can tell both from inFamous

"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Message 4 of 19 (626 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 19, 2012
InFamous is the exception as Cole and Evil Cole are so central to the gameplay, and the series wouldn't be properly represented otherwise, or so Sucker Punch believes. They're the same character, but they've chosen such different paths that they're different enough to be included. To put it simply, they're the exception, not the rule. Not to mention they're a 1st party franchise and one of Sony's top sellers this generation, next to God of War and Killzone. Metal Gear Solid may be big, but it's not that big.

And Geniuz, the thing is, even if Raiden has his own game, he's still a Metal Gear Solid character. Not to mention, what the heck could Snake do that Radec, Drake, Jak, Ratchet, or any other character couldn't? Radec's got the sniper mentality and the cloaking device, Drake's got the action hero moveset, Jak has the platforming/shooting style, Ratchet has the huge and varied arsenal. Heck, even Emmett has the Build-n-Battle mechanic where he can pancake you and get a height advantage, and summon mechs and stuff. And if anyone mentions his stealth gameplay, Sly has the whole invisibility and quirky gadgets routine taken. Quite simply, Snake really doesn't have much to offer in terms of unique gameplay, considering how many people with guns we have, and how varied their own playstyles are. Heck, if I were to pick a second MGS rep, I'd pick Revolver Ocelot, at least he could do awesome ricochet trickshots with his gun.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 5 of 19 (576 Views)
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Stoked for Kat but I'm not getting my hopes up for much else. It would be nice to eventually get Crash and maybe either Cloud or Lightning, but I'm not expecting anything. I won't be boarding the Paul Gale hype train again, that's for sure.
Message 6 of 19 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Celtics_fan23 wrote:

DevDooms wrote:

Cole & Evil Cole, as you can tell both from inFamous

Not a valid argument. SuckerPunch wanted both of them and it's not "really" 2 from the same. It's the same dude.

Message 7 of 19 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Funny how the Infamous characters also got some of the best Alt costumes...
Message 8 of 19 (537 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 19, 2012

joshTX wrote:
Funny how the Infamous characters also got some of the best Alt costumes...

That was ur opinion..

I thought Big Daddy Cotume is funny

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 19, 2012
IMO if any game deserves a second rep, it is MGS, not inFAMOUS. I love inFAMOUS to death, probably my favorite exclusive this generation, but MGS is just a larger game. I think second reps would do this game even more justice. Characters like Zeus, Rico/Sev, and Sully all deserve spots, even though their respective game is already represented. Aside from the other three characters I mentioned, and maybe Pyrimid Head, Snake is easily the most requested character. Everybody wants him. I love Raiden, I think he deserves a spot too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 10 of 19 (442 Views)