Nov 03 2012
By: ThatOneGuy39 Uncharted Territory 1785 posts

Here's an option I think this game could use.

22 replies 175 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

Some people feel that some if not most level 3s will probably come off as OP, there are some people who don't like the game to be interrupted by a level 3 cutscene whether it's the introduction of a transformation super (Sweet Tooth, Kratos, ect.) or just a guaranteed kill cutscene (Heihachi, Toro, Parappa, Spike.) and some may feel the same about level 2's or level 1's, well how about a game setting that allows you to set the game to level 1's and 2's only, level 1's only, level 2's only, ect. What do you folks think?

Message 1 of 23 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Re: Here's an option I think this game could use.

Nov 3, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Some people feel that some if not most level 3s will probably come off as OP, there are some people who don't like the game to be interrupted by a level 3 cutscene whether it's the introduction of a transformation super (Sweet Tooth, Kratos, ect.) or just a guaranteed kill cutscene (Heihachi, Toro, Parappa, Spike.) and some may feel the same about level 2's or level 1's, well how about a game setting that allows you to set the game to level 1's and 2's only, level 1's only, level 2's only, ect. What do you folks think?

Nice idea!I would like to play a level 3 only game.

Message 2 of 23 (167 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I think that would be unfair to certain characters whose best super is one of the one's locked out.  If you don't allow lvl 3's , characters like Sweet Tooth can have a rough time getting ahead.  If you don't allow lvl 2's, characters like Parappa and Fat Princess will get destroyed.  

Message 3 of 23 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

I think that would be unfair to certain characters whose best super is one of the one's locked out.  If you don't allow lvl 3's , characters like Sweet Tooth can have a rough time getting ahead.  If you don't allow lvl 2's, characters like Parappa and Fat Princess will get destroyed.  

Um...okay,you are right.But what about a level 1 only mode?

Message 4 of 23 (155 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 3, 2012

A long time ago I said something in this way, but not as a option! I really like the option idea! Smiley Very Happy But I don't think they will do that.. However you could just play with friends and say level 3 only. Or level 2 only.

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 5 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 3, 2012

That's why it's just optional, it could just be one of those fun little modes like the special melee or special brawl modes in the Smash Bros. games.

Message 6 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

That's why it's just optional, it could just be one of those fun little modes like the special melee or special brawl modes in the Smash Bros. games.

Actually there is the 2X,3X,4X AP fun mode.
I think 4X AP is really fun,I tried it once.

Message 7 of 23 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Actually there is the 2X,3X,4X AP fun mode.
I think 4X AP is really fun,I tried it once.

Message 8 of 23 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 3, 2012

If it was lvl 1 only, then still Parappa would have a hard time, since most of the time he can get maybe 2 kills with it.  Or Sweet Tooth as well.  And also Big Daddy.  Just some characters lvl 1's aren't quite the best.  I'm not saying that this mode would be a bad idea, I just think that the way each characters super works makes it really hard to make it fair.  Maybe they could try a mode where it's like betting.  Where you choose only one super that you can use from your character and then that is the only one you can use during the match.  So if you want to use like say Sweet Tooth's lvl 3, you have to risk getting all the way up to it and only being able to use it.  It would be sort of a risk-reward kind of mode where you test your skill in getting to your particular super.  

Message 9 of 23 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

If it was lvl 1 only, then still Parappa would have a hard time, since most of the time he can get maybe 2 kills with it.  Or Sweet Tooth as well.  And also Big Daddy.  Just some characters lvl 1's aren't quite the best.  I'm not saying that this mode would be a bad idea, I just think that the way each characters super works makes it really hard to make it fair.  Maybe they could try a mode where it's like betting.  Where you choose only one super that you can use from your character and then that is the only one you can use during the match.  So if you want to use like say Sweet Tooth's lvl 3, you have to risk getting all the way up to it and only being able to use it.  It would be sort of a risk-reward kind of mode where you test your skill in getting to your particular super.  

Thank you,captain! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 23 (126 Views)
0 Likes