Dec 31 2013
By: JayJXZ Wastelander 726 posts

Help with one of Dante's combos?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 115 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

So i'm using Dante and i'm trying to pull off this combo consistently, but i'm having a hard time with it.

Basicly it's his Tremor (Down Square) > (Bold Cancel) Neutral Triangle > (Bold Cancel) > Angel Dash (Forward Circle) and finally  from Angel Dash to High Times (Up Square + hold)

I keep trying to practice this over and over, but I only seem to get it occasionally. Can anyone help with this? Is it the timing I should be focusing on? Or doing them all as quickly as possible? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: The main problem i'm having is that the opponent Air-Recovered before High Times can connect.

EDIT #2: And also, when I do connect with High  times, sometimes Dante doesn't follow the opponent up. I think this is because i'm not close enough, so maybe I have to keep Angel Dash going just a little longer until i'm in range?

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Re: Help with one of Dante's combos?

Dec 31, 2012

You have to do high time later, it causes the enemy to recover if you do it too early because they havent fallen far enough so your early frames of high time do not connect. It seems weird to wait longer, but it works.

Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Help with one of Dante's combos?

Dec 31, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:

So i'm using Dante and i'm trying to pull off this combo consistently, but i'm having a hard time with it.

Basicly it's his Tremor (Down Square) > (Bold Cancel) Neutral Triangle > (Bold Cancel) > Angel Dash (Forward Circle) and finally  from Angel Dash to High Times (Up Square + hold)

I keep trying to practice this over and over, but I only seem to get it occasionally. Can anyone help with this? Is it the timing I should be focusing on? Or doing them all as quickly as possible? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: The main problem i'm having is that the opponent Air-Recovered before High Times can connect.

EDIT #2: And also, when I do connect with High  times, sometimes Dante doesn't follow the opponent up. I think this is because i'm not close enough, so maybe I have to keep Angel Dash going just a little longer until i'm in range?

Someone here on the forums showed me a similar combo, and I had the same problems as you. When I asked him for help, he told me to time the High Times immediately after the angel dash, then it should work. I had no opportunity to try this yet, but I trust him for it to work

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)
0 Likes