Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 24 2013
By: RikkiRossTheBoss Survivor 2454 posts

Help guys.... kratos tips

14 replies 218 views Edited Jan 24, 2013
So with kratos new game coming out and the fact that for the past 2 weeks I've been waiting for Friday to get paid to buy my copy and atm when I think of games coming out I can't stop thinking about GOW... Am a huge GOW fan (check my trophies if you don't believe me)

But anyway... This has gave me the chance to get around to playing as kratos (most people that know me know I main sackboy) and learnt alot about him and how scary he can be (spammers make him look easy and pathetic) and I want to get even better with him sooo...

Could anyone give tips, combos or tatics, I know alot of combos and done all combo stuff to do with him that's in the game.

And I've seen a few people combo from up grab but when I tried it in pratice I cant figure out what to start with?

Thanks people
Rikki
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Help guys.... kratos tips

Jan 24, 2013
I'm no good with Kratos but looking at Persona's videos sometimes gives me tips and trick on how to use some characters.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah I watched that video last night, but for me watching and attempting to do I kinda suck at. I have to be taught it and then practice **bleep** outta it till it becomes second nature if you get me
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Yea I get you......I haven't heard of a good Kratos user around this forums. All I ever hear is hatred for him :/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Considering up until the patch that every Kratos met by a forum user was either a forward square spammer, or the user was a rage filled person, we've since painted him a the reason that WW3 will start. I"ve not even decided to use him online or even in single player, I avoided him like the plague, I might try him out now. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea they were going with for Kratos...but when I can beat hardest cpu's in 3 v 1 by just square mashing, you've balanced a character wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Jan 24, 2013

ah yes kratos, the pariah of psasbr. hes not that much of a scary character, but he is a combo monster. 

Combos i know:

Square,Square, Triangle, Up Square(hold), Square X3

Down O(hold), Down O, *Do combo 1*

Square, square, down Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Up Triangle

Triangle, Up O, Square, Square, Jump Cancel, Side Square

Triangle, Up Square(hold), Up O, Square X3

Square, Square, Triangle, Up Square(hold), Square, Square, Jump Cancel, Side Triangle

Tips? 

-Use the barbarian hammer alot(dont spam it)

-Helios Flash is a great combo beginner and can set-up your level 1

-Triangle, Up Square, And his up throw can combo into his level 2.

-His counter is really underrated, can counter projectiles and melee moves. Pops enemies into the air.

-Rush down your opponent, Kratos isn't exactly the hit-and-run type of player.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 24, 2013
The thing is I hate the f-sq its rubbish, it gets you 30 when hit which is crap when it fires them away.... Online with blocking and rolling if you can hit an apponent you want the max amount of ap and I can string one that gets a lv1 straight away so why would I trade that for a 30ap especially when the normal sq sq sq gets you 45ap (I think)... I don't use sq sq sq normally
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Cheers ecurican, try some of them out
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I'm not a Kratos main, but I know my way around him so maybe we can 1v1 and I teach you some stuff, or you can learn by playing 2v2 stock with me online.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Here's a few tips with Kratos. 

First off.  Except for one attack don't ever bother with triangle.  Every triangle attack except one has quite a bit of recovery time and no benefit.

His square combo can turn around mid combo and has ridiculously short recovery.  If you're fighting someone who is turtling, you can keep doing square square triangle incase they let go of guard you can combo off the triangle.  If they roll behind you during the combo, you can spin around mid combo and hit them with a triangle while they're coming up from their roll.

One of his easiest and best combos I think after the latest patch is now 80AP and 145AP.  Square, square, triangle, slight step forward, up square and hold, jump, square, square(80AP,) square(145AP.)  You can always go from the up square and hold, to up o, to the square air combo as well but it'll give you less. 

I almost never used forward square before it was nerfed, but if you happen to use it and hit an enemy off the wall, you can follow up with the up square and square combo or up square, up o, and square combo.

There's two anti air you want to use.  Up o isn't a great anti air as you can get damaged.  Either up square if they're close to the ground.  Short recovery so you can do it repeatedly if the enemy evades the first one and then you can combo off it.  You can also use up square.  The trick to using up square as an anti air is face opposite of the enemy you're trying to attack.  If the enemy is coming from the left face right.  You spin around with your blades in the air in a tornado like fashion, direction you're pointing towards is low, while the other direction is high.  The attack has knock back.  Don't use up square in air to hit someone on the ground, just use down square.  It's quicker.

You can do a wall combo with his forward grab, hard to set up so do it if you have the chance.  If you use his up grab, you can do the square, square, triangle, up square and hold, square, square, square combo in its entirety for 90AP or after the up square and hold, up o, jump, then square, square, square, for 140AP.  This one it's best to do the 90AP because even though you'll get 50AP you'll give away 30AP, plus it's easier.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (113 Views)
0 Likes