Nov 01 2012
By: jbrookinz First Son 9 posts

Help Fat Princess out a little SuperBot

22 replies 270 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

I've been enjoying the beta a lot lately...I had low expectations at first but the beta changed all that. I decided to main Fat Princess but that might change due to her unnecessary limitations (slow speed of attacks, lack of reach,slow AP gain, weak Supers). Here's a couple suggestions that would make her a little more competitive but not OP.

Give her moves/movements a little boost in speed...or boost her AP gain. In a match where I stay active (always engaging and pulling off some pretty substantial combos) I'm still the last character to level up while Kratos and Radec just level up every 30 seconds it takes almost a full minute/minute and a half to level up which gives her a disadvantage because Supers are the only way to gain points.

Tweak her supers. Lvl1 Super is so easy to interrupt and the reach is so bad it makes it almost unusable. Her Lvl 2 super is even worse. The chicken sticks to platforms (which makes chasing people around the stage insanely difficult) and you have to press a button to kill your opponent. On top of that you're a sitting duck on the chicken that can be killed by anybody with a lvl 1 super. Compared to Parappas Lvl 2 super (which is basically the same but way better)  it's a disgrace. Parappa can glide over the stage and all he has to do is touch you to get a kill. So why make hers so difficult to use? Her LVl 3 is fine always a guaranteed 3 kills which is good but pales in comparison to a Lvl 3 Supers like Kratos/Radec/SweetTooth/Sly who can EASILLY get 5 kills with no trouble on top of the fact that they (or at least Kratos and Radec) level up at twice the speed.

All in all I think this game is going to be a blast to play. But, if you guys don't give some of the lower tier characters a fighting chance it will kill the game competitively because you will only have 4 or 5 characters to choose from if you want a chance to win.

!!! Oh yeah and maybe it's just me but throws should not be able to be interrupted. Even when I'm playing 2v2 my partner can interrupt my throw with an attack which makes any throw that last half a second useless. I throw a lot but it's a bad strategy because a Radec can shoot you out of a throw from across the screen or a rowdy Kratos can just throw his **bleep** chains of death and hit you from just about anywhere. :smileysad:

Just my opinion I think you guys have a fine game on your hands...can't wait for the official release.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Re: Help Fat Princess out a little SuperBot

Nov 1, 2012
Not reading your wall of text. I'll just say this:
I own with fatty p.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1307 posts

Nov 1, 2012
FP is only balance because of her fir elf thing, you combine that with all your moves, you should do fine.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Nov 1, 2012

You want to buff a character that has attacks that have 0 frames of start up and 0 frames of recovery (summons) and is one of the few characters that can combo into super 1...

Stop and think about what you are saying for a second...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Dude Fat Princess is the character I use the least in the beta along with Kratos and even I can tell you that she's actually a pretty balanced character.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (240 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Her ap gain is actually not that bad. You have to use her minions always, they help by a long shot. She also has three different stuns, which can combo into her level 1( Butt Stomp, knight in air, charged wand) and her level 2 is the only one in the beta that canget 6 kills, but you have to time it right.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Not gonna read that either, there's nothing wrong with FP she is very balanced.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 1, 2012
the combo into the level one is nice but far from a game changer with her slow ap gain...her summons are not all that great (limited range, setup time for the elf/wizard to appear and actually do the move) 0 frames or not...take the trolling somewhere else smart guy
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 1, 2012

so let me get this str8...you won't read the post you just going to say I'm wrong...makes perfect sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Her circle attacks are the way to go. Fatty P doesn't need any buffing
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (208 Views)
0 Likes