Mar 11, 2014

o.o

Message 11 of 41 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: ATTN SuperBot: Fight Stick Support is Broken

Dec 10, 2012

Still no response to this? I guess they just don't care that a feature of the game just doen't work.

Message 12 of 41 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Why does everyone think that if there's no response it's because the company doesn't care...?   -___-

Message 13 of 41 (585 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Please sticky this. I have an HRAP V3-SA, same issue. Seems to be an issue in the code dealing with the analogue nature of the buttons- meaning the only way it will get fixed is with an update.

Message 14 of 41 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I think it would be a great idea for this to be stickied. Is there any way for me to request this?

Message 15 of 41 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Yeah, I wish they would get around to fixing this. Anyone wanting to use a stick, there is a psuedo-fix. If you rebind your buttons to not use L2 and R2, then it works. However, you will lose 2 buttons (I suggest taunt and item pick up).

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 16 of 41 (495 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 2, 2013
It's not just Arcade sticks/pads guys , every USB-Controller doesn't work that would normally work with other games.
I have a "Playstation-ish" controller that is USB. I can use it on my computer , I can use it on my Xboy and I can use it on every game on my PS3 (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for example)
Same goes for my crappy USB-Arcade stick.
I just recently bought a third party PS3 controller that connects to the PS3 itself and not to some kind of USB-stick , everything works fine.
So I guess , if you want to play this game with an Arcadestick , you'll have to buy one that is for PS3 specifically and doesn't require a USB-stick.
Hopefully they fix this.
Message 17 of 41 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Abbi_dood wrote:
It's not just Arcade sticks/pads guys , every USB-Controller doesn't work that would normally work with other games.
I have a "Playstation-ish" controller that is USB. I can use it on my computer , I can use it on my Xboy and I can use it on every game on my PS3 (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for example)
I just recently bought a third party PS3 controller that connects to the PS3 itself and not to some kind of USB-stick , everything works fine.
So I guess , if you want to play this game with an Arcadestick , you'll have to buy one that is for PS3 specifically and doesn't require a USB-stick.
Hopefully they fix this.

I use the Hori Fighting Edge for PS3. It only works on the PC other than the PS3. So you're saying, if it's a third party, it's a no-go?

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 18 of 41 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Abbi_dood wrote:
Hopefully they fix this.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this will help SuperBot diagnose the problem!

Though I'm not sure what you mean about using controllers that "only connect directly." The Hori fight pad I use is wired and connects to the PS3 via USB. R2 and L2 buttons don't work in this game, but work in all others.

Message 19 of 41 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Just wanted to give an update about how fight sticks/pads work with throwing & Certain supers.

-So, you throw by holding down a directional button and then pressing the throw button. I guess you could say it works like Smash's throws in reverse. A neutral press of the throw button will just get you a regular forward throw. Meaning it's just as easy to throw someone as you're running into them on a fight stick/pad as it is on a Dualshock, maybe even easier. Directional throws while running aren't as easy, but I could easily see myself getting used to it if I choose to stick with pad/stick.

--Raiden's Level 2 feels a little weird at first with the fight stick or pad. Instead of flicking the right analog in the direction you want to slice (like you would on a Dualshock), you have to hold down a direction on the D-pad, and then press the Grab button to do a slice. You could do this for every slice, or you could just mash the Grab button and Raiden will do a bunch of horizontal slices. Again though, I could easily see myself getting used to this.

Message 20 of 41 (473 Views)
0 Likes