Splicer
53 posts

Re: Hate to admit, but Parappa needs a buff =[

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

xxZ3rO_CaL_PwNxx wrote:
Sorry, but he does have kill confirms to his level one. And his lvl 3 just feels awesome to use. His ap gain is quick, which makes up for a below average lvl 1.

I assume you're referring to the wall bounce ones, which I fervently disagree with. The idea of a "kill confirm" is that it is a combo that "confirms" a "kill." I have never been able to set up a wall bounce kill confirm before, and they are anything but "confirms." If you're not referring to wall bounce ones (nor that ridiculous air-skateboard-while-an-enemy-is-jumping one) then please, do share.

As for his "below average level 1," my problem is that it 1) is very difficult to kill with, and 2) is EXPONENTIALLY harder to multi-kill with. The fact that he gains AP fast doesn't make up for the fact that it's difficult to land even one kill with it., especially with characters like Ratchet on the board who more-often-than-not get multi-kills with their level 1s.

Message 11 of 29 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 28, 2013
No, they arent wall bounces. But I would like to keep a secret. I like having different tactics to others, but they are really obvious confirms. It doesnt take long to figure them out.
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 12 of 29 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013
Message 13 of 29 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 28, 2013

xxZ3rO_CaL_PwNxx wrote:
No, they arent wall bounces. But I would like to keep a secret. I like having different tactics to others, but they are really obvious confirms. It doesnt take long to figure them out.

Once again, a "confirm" implies "impossible to evade." The mic grab into Level 1 IS evadible. Even this double-trip setup is evadible:

Message 14 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013
  • His level 1 is extremely difficult to hit with, near-impossible to get multi-kills with against experienced players, and he has no reliable kill confirms.
  • As it should be. Level 1's aren't supposed to be "reliable". They're supposed to be very risky & hard to hit with.
  •  
  • His level 1 and 2 both attack with his own body, putting him at risk for getting killed out of it (people LOVE killing me out of my Skater Boy)
  • You have superior speed and agility during a Level 2, so that more than makes up for your risk of getting killed.

• His level 3 is useless, considering his level 2 can easily get 3 kills.
  • That I agree with. I'd say his Level 2 needs a slight nerf then. It's actually pretty ridiculous that Parappa's Level 2 basically guarantees him 3 kills. Should be just a bit shorter so that getting 3 kills requires very good timing.
  •  
  • His mic grab attack is useful, but Nariko's sword grab, which is very similar, has greater range and faster attack speed. The mic grab attack also has an excruciatingly long recovery time; a missed mic grab offers a HUGE opening for opponents to hit.
  •  
  • Nariko's sword grab leads into her combos, but they're VERY risky and have many windows for escape. Parappa's combos do not, which is why his mic grab should have long recovery and slow startup. It's risky, but if you pull it off your opponent can't get out of your combo.
  •  
  • He is one of the only characters with no ranged/projectile/ally attacks.

• That's because he doesn't need them. If someone's trying to zone Parappa, he has his Air Side Triangle which can quickly close distance (and is offensive). Also, he can just camp with his boom box for AP. It's not a really good idea to play a ranged game against Parappa.
  •  
  • Characters with big sword combos (Kratos/Raiden/Dante/Nariko) can easily trap multiple enemies in both directions;
  • Parappa's combos are only close-range melee, and thus not only can never trap multiple enemies, but also can easily be interrupted by other players.
  • I think I've seen Parappa trap multiple enemies with his Thousand Punches & Thousand Kicks many times before. But I think you're comparing apples & oranges here. Parappa's a hand to hand guy like Heihachi, not a sword wielder. Obviously someone with a sword is going to have more range than someone with fists.
Message 15 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 28, 2013
There is one other confirm, which, as I think, is undodgeable. (I havent had many chances to try it, as I couldnt play my ps3 at all this week)
Message 16 of 29 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2219 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

My brother mains him and he is amazing with him. If anything it should take more ap to get his level 2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 17 of 29 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 28, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:
  • His level 1 is extremely difficult to hit with, near-impossible to get multi-kills with against experienced players, and he has no reliable kill confirms.
  • As it should be. Level 1's aren't supposed to be "reliable". They're supposed to be very risky & hard to hit with.

I agree; they should be risky and hard to hit with. But the problem with that is that Superbot would have to change Kratos's, Raiden's, Dante's, Fat Princess's, Ratchet's, and Sly's Level 1 supers (all significantly easier to hit with than the rest), which simply is not going to happen.

Message 18 of 29 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 28, 2013
You forgot toro on that list.
Message 19 of 29 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2219 posts

Jan 28, 2013

My brother can get his level 2 within 30 seconds of the match with skilled players

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 20 of 29 (110 Views)
0 Likes