Highlighted
Nov 02 2012
By: Retrac-kun Lombax Warrior 139 posts

Has Superbot put their best foot foward???

18 replies 287 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Would you be mad if they held the game?. I would, though i feel like it wouldn't hurt. Compared to their competition (AND I MEAN ALL FIGHTING GAMES) it doesn't feel as tight and fluid and well thought out. Most all fighting games have a dash feature, where is that feature in this game because seriously it wouldn't have hurt the game at all to include it. It would've helped manuverability and in dodging. The dodge feature should be fleshed out considering how lethal the supers are.

They talk about meter management in this game, I thought that they would allow you to store you're meter to level 3 and then you could use whatever super you wanted. If it was like that we would have more variety in how we used and managed our supers. I don't mind the 20 characters or the super system I just feel like they didn't take full advantage of the games mechanics. We will most likely see these things implemented in a sequel but would like to see them now. When a games controls are tight, responsive and ideal it makes for better competition IMO. Yes these are my opinions so don't be mean or racist (seriously there was a racist on here today lol that's not cool)

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 1 of 19 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: Has Superbot put their best foot foward???

Nov 2, 2012

How exactly does it not feel as tight or fluid? I've heard this a couple times, but I don't see it.

Message 2 of 19 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Retrac-kun wrote:

Would you be mad if they held the game?. I would, though i feel like it wouldn't hurt. Compared to their competition (AND I MEAN ALL FIGHTING GAMES) it doesn't feel as tight and fluid and well thought out. Most all fighting games have a dash feature, where is that feature in this game because seriously it wouldn't have hurt the game at all to include it. It would've helped manuverability and in dodging. The dodge feature should be fleshed out considering how lethal the supers are.

I do not see the point you wish to make. Just because it is not the same as other games, does not mean it is bad. No dashing? Not too noticeable with the different character stances and speeds. The controls feel plenty tight if you use the D-pad and dodging is plenty fleshed out. We do not need the Warhawk scenario where a new player will NEVER beat the veterans because they know the exact dodge for every super. 

The game is not meant to be Street Fighter in serious competition. It is more for the friends/family dynamic with a decent amount of competition for online and tournaments. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 19 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Message 4 of 19 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 2, 2012

If you want dashing, play Heihachi.

Message 5 of 19 (239 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Yes, they did what they could. They didn't do dashing, because otherwise this game would be a Tekken or Street Fighter rip-off... I hate the stupid logic of humanity.. If something is similair, it's a rip-off... Good way of thinking I guess... -.-''

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 6 of 19 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 2, 2012
if you stored your meter till level 3, then people could spam 3 level ones in a **bleep** row dude...
Play For Fun!
Message 7 of 19 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 2, 2012

achus93again wrote:
if you stored your meter till level 3, then people could spam 3 level ones in a **bleep** row dude...

6 actually...

Message 8 of 19 (205 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

6 actually...

seriously? well **bleep** hell,

i didn't play the beta so i wouldn't know....

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 2, 2012

achus93again wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

6 actually...

seriously? well **bleep** hell,

i didn't play the beta so i wouldn't know....

Actually some level 1s cost different than others. PaRappa could definitely use it 6-7 times in a row.

Message 10 of 19 (186 Views)
0 Likes