Nov 22 2012
By: spyderdude Lombax Warrior 99 posts

Has Anyone Tried It With An Arcade Stick Yet?

18 replies 438 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

Title says it all...

Message 1 of 19 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Has Anyone Tried It With An Arcade Stick Yet?

Nov 22, 2012

I just tried it with my fight pad (basically has the same configuration as a fight stick, but just on a smaller pad), and there's one huge problem I'm having with mine: L2 and R2 buttons aren't functional.

They don't work. At all. And I know it's not a problem with the controller, because I tried playing it with other games and those 2 buttons worked just fine. But only in PSASBR does this happen.

Anyone else have similar problems with a stick?

Message 2 of 19 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 22, 2012

This really isn't the type of fighter you use an arcade stick with. This game, like Smash Brothers, was made for the systems home controller. (or gamecube controller when talking smash brothers)

Message 3 of 19 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Nov 22, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I just tried it with my fight pad (basically has the same configuration as a fight stick, but just on a smaller pad), and there's one huge problem I'm having with mine: L2 and R2 buttons aren't functional.

They don't work. At all. And I know it's not a problem with the controller, because I tried playing it with other games and those 2 buttons worked just fine. But only in PSASBR does this happen.

Anyone else have similar problems with a stick?

They may have done this purpose in order to avoid unbalanced playing fields like in MK9. This way any player has the potential to win based on practice, knowledge, and natural skill. It allows people to rely less on material things like that to win.

Message 4 of 19 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

I'm a little confused by that. I mean I literally cannot use the R2/L2, which means I can't use supers when I use the fight pad.

Sure I could just map them to other buttons, but no matter what I do I still won't have a complete moveset because 2 buttons aren't functional.

I doubt this was intentional; why would SuperBot deactivate the most important button in the game for stick players?

Message 5 of 19 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 22, 2012
My friend tried it during the Beta, I believe. He said that this game was like MK9 to him: Really fun but a game you should play with controller.

Though I stand by my statement that Heihachi should be played with an arcade stick to be played 100% correctly.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 19 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
My friend tried it during the Beta, I believe. He said that this game was like MK9 to him: Really fun but a game you should play with controller.

Though I stand by my statement that Heihachi should be played with an arcade stick to be played 100% correctly.

I just played through Heihachi's character & combo tutorials to learn his moves, and I couldn't agree more. He plays fine on a controller, but it was much easier pulling his moves off with a fight pad (or fight stick; basically anything with a 6 button layout).

Message 7 of 19 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I'm sorry but i have no idea what your pad looks like or how it works. are you going in to the options and changing your control scheme at the character select? this may not fix the lack of r2 but if you are really insistent on that pad you could always sacrifice something else, like change super to r1. now you cant pick up but atleast you can use supers. i think you can also change taunts to select so theres that aswell.
Message 8 of 19 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 22, 2012

under options theres an arcade stick option FYI 

Message 9 of 19 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 22, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

I just played through Heihachi's character & combo tutorials to learn his moves, and I couldn't agree more. He plays fine on a controller, but it was much easier pulling his moves off with a fight pad (or fight stick; basically anything with a 6 button layout).

I couldn't get about half of his combos done because some (mainly the ones where you have to hit square within 1/10 of a second of hitting circle) are just too complex for me to do a controller.  Kudos to SuperBot for making him really accurate to his game, though.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 10 of 19 (340 Views)
0 Likes