Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Has Anyone Tried It With An Arcade Stick Yet?

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

The only problem with using an arcade stick for this game would be arcade sticks would be at a disadvantage to those using the PS3 controller or Vita's d pad

A simple button press is usually alwas faster than a wrist movement. and the only character that it it really would do well with is Heihachi. It is cool that they kept his play style close to how it is in Tekkan, but at the same time almost requiring an arcade stick/fight pad just to play one charcter is a little odd.

Message 11 of 19 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Well it's not impossible to play Heihachi without one, it's just impossible to play him 100% correctly. You can still play very well with a controller.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 19 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Does it work with the MK fight pad?
Message 13 of 19 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Oh I agree, you can still do well with him on the standard PS3 controller, but you won't be able to use his "arcade" moves reliably.

Message 14 of 19 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

NewVirtue wrote:
I'm sorry but i have no idea what your pad looks like or how it works. are you going in to the options and changing your control scheme at the character select? this may not fix the lack of r2 but if you are really insistent on that pad you could always sacrifice something else, like change super to r1. now you cant pick up but atleast you can use supers. i think you can also change taunts to select so theres that aswell.

The pad I'm using is called the Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro. It came out last year and made quite a bit of buzz in the fighting game community for being an awesome pad. Here's what it looks like:

fc3pro

Its layout is exactly the same as an arcade stick; six buttons on the right, movement (in this case a d-pad) on the left. With shoulder buttons where they should be. L1 and R1 work fine. R2 and L2 don't work at all though. That's the problem.

Message 15 of 19 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I have the same fightpad, I'll play around with mine in the game and see if I get the same problem and I'll report back here.

Message 16 of 19 (595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I'm having the same issues with my Madcatz TE fightstick. L2/R2 buttons just don't work, but they work fine in any other game.

I hope they fix this soon.

Message 17 of 19 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

NiNjAStEvE666 wrote:

I'm having the same issues with my Madcatz TE fightstick. L2/R2 buttons just don't work, but they work fine in any other game.

I hope they fix this soon.

Okay, glad to hear that this is something that happens with all fightsticks/pads and not just mine. Hopefully SuperBot will see this thread and patch the game for these to work.

Message 18 of 19 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Ok, so I have been playing around with my fight pad and I am having the same issue. The L2 and R2 buttons do not work with all stars. I tried everything on the controller, all of it's various setup types, and nothing.

I'm guessing that the controller just isn't fully supported with All stars. Everything else works, but not being able to activate your supers pretty much kills the fightpad.Maybe they can fix it in an update down the road, but I don't see it being very high on their priority list.

Message 19 of 19 (563 Views)
0 Likes