Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: Has All-Stars Turned Out the Way You Expected?

Sep 6, 2012
I know what you mean, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I still think Crash will make it in (Jet Ski Hint) and Snake/Big Boss as well (tweet with David Hayter, no PG acknowledgment of La Li Lu Le Lo hint for Raiden). Either way, I'm confident that Superbot is saving some hype-worthy reveals for the upcoming game conferences (Otherwise why would they reveal so many characters so soon, this far away from the game's release) . I respect your opinion though, playing the beta alone sold me on the game (even if this is the final roster) but hopefully we'll see more Playstation legends soon.
Message 11 of 23 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Sniper how is Nariko an advertisement, I understand you narrow idea that Dante and Raiden are advertisements but Nariko doesn't have a future game coming out. As for models Only the two you named are using "New" models. Why do people continue on with this bs Notion of advertisement. Back on subject the game has been going beyond my expectations. All of the characters look unique and fun. The stages look great and beta though limited was fun. I can't wait for the launch.
Message 12 of 23 (99 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Sep 6, 2012

This game has gone beyond my expectations. I love the infinite avoidance system and supers vs Smash's ring out percentage style. I used to main sly but it wasnt until i tried parappa that i learned more about the I.A.S. which makes the game much more combo friendly but not too combo heavy and it was so gratifying each time i reached the AP threshold.

And real talk Sniper, nariko had one game if another game does come out GREAT because i loved heavenly sword. i just hope the story is in no fashion a replica of GoW. she deserves  her own epic storyline.

Message 13 of 23 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I love what it has become and I do think that they have dug into the past console generation with character, although new gen is senn more in the roster, psone has spike and sir dan and parrapa sweet tooth( crash and spyro) ps2 jak ratchet sly kratos and ps3 drake radec cole sackboy and fat princess. I am aware some characters have been in newer consoles but I place them at their starting point

This roster is more than I could have asked for except the three which I fuly believe are just yet to be revealed

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 14 of 23 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Stop paying Sniper any attention he just complains.

Until the roster is fully revealed I say we don't make any rash judgments on it. I think we have some heavy hitters coming soon.

As for PS1 characters not showing up, I think it is for the crowd today to see the most recent characters and be drawn in that way. You'll recognize Kratos and Drake quickly.

I think we'll get some PS1 guys as DLC which I would buy with no hesitation. But we are getting a good amount of big names soon. I'm expecting to see Big Boss, Crash, Cloud/Lightning, Ico/Yorda, Nathan Hale, and Kat to still be announced. Also I think we have 2-4 stages that no one knows about yet.
Message 15 of 23 (74 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Its too early to tell, we still don't know everything about the game to make an accurate judgement. I will say that i'm liking it so far and am hoping for it to get even better in the future Smiley Happy

ouyofo.jpg

Message 16 of 23 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Gameplay wise, it's looking great. Roster wise, it's okay. A bit underwhelming but with more character reveals to come and so many of the expected characters already revealed, it can only get better.

Message 17 of 23 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 6, 2012
I love how people are like "I only like 3 characters on the roster" I wonder why they even have a playstation
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 18 of 23 (57 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Better than I thought

Photobucket
Message 19 of 23 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 6, 2012

IMO, I think that having Sweet Tooth in the game helps with supporting all generations because Twisted Metal even though a new game was recently released is still one of the longest running Playstation series, its been on each system (I think) PSX, PS2, PS3, and PSP... But I do agree the roster needs more characters that would inspire nostalgia, such as Tomba, Jersey Devil, and Blasto.

Playstation sig
Message 20 of 23 (35 Views)
0 Likes