Sep 06 2012
By: SwipertheFox5621 Hekseville Citizen 329 posts

Has All-Stars Turned Out the Way You Expected?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 330 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

Now before I start on this, this is MY opinion and MY opinion only, DO NOT tell me YOUR opinion is the only opinion.  All opinions are to be respectable and belong to all others who state their own opinions. When someone has an opinion and you don't like it, then get over it. When you state your opinion and then try to enforce that it is the right opinion, you're being a real immature jerk. There are no right or wrong answers, opinions are from different perspectives of everyone else. We're not gonna look at it the same.

Thank You.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is turning out to look like a great game so far, but has it turned out as you've expected?  For me, when I look at All-Stars, I like the gameplay and the style they've chosen, but then there's the roster. . . When I look at the roster I see cool characters, but I see a "Let's do this for all the newer fans" outlook. Why do I see this? Because when I think about the roster, I look back at Smash's history and look at their roster. The further up we went in the series, the more the LEGENDS stood out. They brought in many legends from all generations of the Nintendo history. Then I look at All-Stars and go...why is the roster so full of mainly New-Gen characters.  When I look at it, I don't see legends of PlayStation history, I see a bunch of characters that are for New-Gen players. I mean, we have Legends in the game like Kratos, PaRappa and Sly, but when do we get characters that fall back as far as PaRappa and Sir Dan have? I wanna see legends from all generations of the PlayStation and so far, the legends we do have are mostly PS3 or characters that were on all three system. I wanna see characters from way back when, characters that can be considered legends of that time, characters like Crash, Sora, Spyro, Cloud, Toan...characters that actually had great personalities and made you really connect with the games they were in. I just feel that we haven't come across those kinds of characters yet. Kratos can't even fit that, he's a violent brute with the intent of revenge and killing the gods and that's all we have of him.

What do you think about the roster? Has it turned out how you've expected it? Where did you start in the PlayStation's history, and have you played any games where the characters really pulled you in with their personality and who they were more than that?

Message 1 of 23 (330 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Re: Has All-Stars Turned Out the Way You Expected?

Sep 6, 2012

As for the *representing new games characters* i only see new dante and raiden. Heihachi looks also like in the old days.

That makes 2 of 20 now.

Sure you have a huge point with some other classics on ps2 and psx. I hope they include some of these also.

Still waiting for crash and cloud. But on the other side, the roster till now seems pretty stable. We have all freakin out diffrent playstyles and very interesting diffrent characters.

For the nintendo part. . . meh, they dont have these *next gen characters* so they stick to some most forgotten or not famous franchises also. Mr game and watch *cough*, never knew nes or sth like that. Or 3 Pokemon. xD

On the other side, yes nintendo also closes all gaps for their most famous legends, thats for sure.

Playstation has far too much characters, that we all wanna have in this.Gameplay and graphic wise it looks emazing and funny like hell. Still wishing for the next 3 months that we get awesome gamemodes and more characters.

But till now, i am good suprised, even if it lacks my most favorit characters atm.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 2 of 23 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 6, 2012
I don't agree with your opinion but it is your own. The only characters that I feel should be included now are Crash and Cloud, others I want are subjective. Also the game hasn't turned out how I expected because I wasn't expecting much really, it certainly is looking better than I thought.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 3 of 23 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I expected no double reps for stages, still waitng on the SToC, warhawk, flower, journey, GT, MNR, MS, wipeout, and ico stages.

I also didn't expect bigdaddy.

I expected the third party characters and SLY to represent their classic forms instead of their new ones

Message 4 of 23 (258 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Sep 6, 2012
it cant be everybody want different things for me i dont want sora and cloud but cloud is going to i think
Message 5 of 23 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

Yep, superbot missed the point of the roster intirely. This roster is and advertising roster, im looking at you nariko, dante, raiden, new models for old characters.. Or filled with very obscure characters. Now there is a very little amount of characters that deserve to be in there, but superbot also screwed up some(sir dan)

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 6 of 23 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Honestly i only expected crash and Spyro. other than that i was just along for the ride enjoying what was given. the characters i want have not come up yet (Rayman, Crash, Spyro and Ryu street fighter) but i still love what the game is doing and i cant wait for it.
Though i agree with you somewhat, we should get the history of Playstation but you need to remember also that there is a whole new generation that never played the PS1 and early PS2. its just what seems right for Sony business. if there is a sequel then they should start to look back. they would have to.
Message 7 of 23 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Sep 6, 2012

No......

its better

i expected snake, got raiden YES

i thought meh old dante is cool but we already got mvc3, got new dante YES

the only thing i really thought was gonna happen is (and i hate to say this) crash, cloud and spyro

the others i had no doubt except toro (i didnt know who he was lol)

actually im really glad bioshock made an appearance w/ big daddy (didnt think that was coming either)

i thought/think abe from oddworld will show up sooner or later

Message 8 of 23 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Sep 6, 2012

It's getting better than expected because i was looking forward to a SSB game but got something new and from the beta i can say that its awesome. Same for the roster if they hadn't talk about Big Daddy i probably wouldn't have Bought Bioshock and loved IT =] Anything from this point on is just icing on the cake

photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 9 of 23 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Sep 6, 2012

OMEGA_MEXICAN wrote:

It's getting better than expected because i was looking forward to a SSB game but got something new and from the beta i can say that its awesome. Same for the roster if they hadn't talk about Big Daddy i probably wouldn't have Bought Bioshock and loved IT =] Anything from this point on is just icing on the cake

exactly.

because of the bioshock exposure in this game im gonna pick up infinite

Message 10 of 23 (199 Views)
0 Likes