Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 4, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

I'm not saying all of them are bad. I absolutley agree with characters like Sir Dan, Jak, & Rachet since they are so closely identified with PS, and basically rooted with an association to the console. But you will never get me to admit that a failure such as Heavenly Sword which was basically a GoW knockoff that sank hard, is worth a spot on the roster when it could've been better served by someone like Lara Croft.

Boo freaking hoo. She's a first party character that's a girl and well liked by fans. I can't think of a reasonable argument to not have her in the game. All you have here is that you don't like her.

woah man i cant believe you read all of that

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 61 of 95 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 4, 2012
that review is too unproffesional to take seriously, cursing was not needed or ever needed in a review
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 62 of 95 (111 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Re: Hard Review of AS:Allstars

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I'm not looking for a job, so I'll keep it casual and bitchy, but thanks for the advice.

Message 63 of 95 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Actually there are 6 characters from the ps1 era, which not taking third parties into account it is pretty good. As for the character movement things, most sony characters are all humans, so yeah the move around the slightly different speed. They all have something different to their movement capabilities though, like Cole can hover and stick to walls, Raiden can run up walls and slide down them, and Nathan Drake can zipline across the stage. This is actually the first time I heard someone complain about this, but the fighters all play differently (yes including Cole and E. Cole despite simalarities) which a lot of fighting games cannot achieve, so for that I am happy. Oh yeah there is no sprinting but there is walking.
Message 64 of 95 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
Actually there are 6 characters from the ps1 era..

You're counting ones that died so fast, most didn't even know they existed until this game was released. First generation? Yes. Defining? No.

Message 65 of 95 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:
Actually there are 6 characters from the ps1 era..

You're counting ones that died so fast, most didn't even know they existed until this game was released. First generation? Yes. Defining? No.

Tekken, MediEvil, Ape Escape, PaRappa the Rapper, and Twisted Metal all were successful franchises that spawned sequels and a fan following to this day.

Message 66 of 95 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Your very 1st paragraph pretty much turned my eye away from the whole review. Word of advice, if you want a review of yours to be taken serious (or even read), don't put your obvious bias against or towards the game RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING. Even though the 1st paragraph told me that your review was going to be a piece of crap, it did save me time from reading it all.

Message 67 of 95 (86 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Tekken, MediEvil, & Twisted Metal of course. Ape Escape and Parappa died long ago. Fanbase or not, they're aren't very recognizable.

Message 68 of 95 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

O-EXTRA wrote:

Your very 1st paragraph pretty much turned my eye away from the whole review. Word of advice, if you want a review of yours to be taken serious (or even read), don't put your obvious bias against or towards the game RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING. Even though the 1st paragraph told me that your review was going to be a piece of crap, it did save me time from reading it all.

Shadeon wrote:

"Like I said before, I really, really, wanted this game to be great, but the difference between myself-- a dedicated fan of PlayStation, and your average run of the mill fanboy, is that I'm willing to admit when something I had been waiting for a long time with high hopes, is a failure."

Lotta mad fanbois on deez forums.

Message 69 of 95 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Ape Escape had games on ps2 and psp, while PaRappa did have a sequel and a tv show, along with Ape Escape. A lot of the ps1 characters people wanted aren't as important to ps history as these two, and characters like Crash and my personal fave Spyro aren't counted after the ps1 era, because when Crash hit multiplatform, not a lot of people loved his games as much as his ps1 ones, same goes for Spyro. Not a lot of people complained about Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Ice Climbers, or Pit or not Roy and his game came after Melee came out in Japan.

Message 70 of 95 (71 Views)
0 Likes