Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

I didn't even bother reading the OP, that being said, why do you think none of the characters you mentioned are in the game?

Just want to see how much you know.

I know Sony doesn't have the rights to most of the characters I mentioned. They still defined the system and became icons for it nonetheless, rights or no rights.

so you want this game to not be made?

I'd rather they waited till they could negotiate something with the companies that helped make PlayStation what it is today instead of rushing out the title. I covered this in my opening.

but they need money to do that, which they are getting from this, i doubt sony wanted to spend millions on this game without knowing how much it would sell, they could lose lots of money.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 51 of 95 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

From a finacial aspect, I completely understand why it is, what it is. I just figured they should've done better, and every fan deserved better. Part of me believes that the budget and time table wasn't nearly as big as it couldn've been and this is what upsets me.

Message 52 of 95 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Dec 3, 2012

totally agree with the bug part, i mean i dont get the ranking system too, and when ppl keep on teleporting all around the map, its getting me **bleep** too. sometime i do instakill and end up doing it no where cuz of a lag. i also hate the one that you dont get the character you choosed, ending up leaving and getting deranked. or the one that make player invisible in the middle of the match, or the one that make you loose control of the character. you just cant move anymore and end up loosing/leaving. in ranked this should not be happening. Also i dont know why, i didnt not get any **bleep** title, I WAS BROWN 90 i mean come on i should be having at least one by now no? ive seen people with title...

and next is just me, but you ppl seem so stupid asking for new characters on a forum, and arguing about why it should be in the game... lets pay more to get b**bleep**ted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 53 of 95 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

From a finacial aspect, I completely understand why it is, what it is. I just figured they should've done better, and every fan deserved better. Part of me believes that the budget and time table wasn't nearly as big as it couldn've been and this is what upsets me.

i agreeSmiley Happy but they have time to upgrade it, and next gen im sure we will get a sequel that will really blow us away

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 54 of 95 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I'd rather get bugs fixed first as well first (The next patch should fix a lot of the problems, even though it nerfs Sackboy to hell). Kat and Emmet are free dlc anyways , so I don't know why you complained about that. As for everything else, I kinda disagree, especially the part about Toro. If he wasn't in this game, the Japanese people would be WAY worse than people are about the third party characters not in this game, and yes I do indeed know how much they did for the playstation. Not having the official mascot doesn't make much sense does it?
Message 55 of 95 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I'd rather get bugs fixed first as well first (The next patch should fix a lot of the problems, even though it nerfs Sackboy to hell). Kat and Emmet are free dlc anyways , so I don't know why you complained about that. As for everything else, I kinda disagree, especially the part about Toro. If he wasn't in this game, the Japanese people would be WAY worse than people are about the third party characters not in this game, and yes I do indeed know how much they did for the playstation. Not having the official mascot doesn't make much sense does it?

Sereprate continent releases often rate different features. Happens all the time. The free characters to me is a way of them saying," Well we gave you a partially finished game, so heres a couple of freebies we hope will make up for it".

Ginta2468 wrote:
As for everything else, I kinda disagree, especially the part about Toro

I'm seeing this a lot.. When you disagree with everything else, do you really mean everything? Or just the roster section since that's pretty much the only part people seem to be reading.

Message 56 of 95 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I also mean the gameplay part, the characters feel way different to me that they do in other fighting games, like say Smash or Street Fighter.
Message 57 of 95 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I also mean the gameplay part, the characters feel way different to me that they do in other fighting games, like say Smash or Street Fighter.

When I play Smash, I know Bowser is slow but powerful and heavy just by looking at him. I know Mario is a middle weight guy, so he'll likely be balanced between speed, strength, and utility. I can tell Meta Knight will be quick and relentless with weaker attacks, but light as a feather.

When I play PSASBR, I can tell Big Daddy will relate much to Bowser from SB, however, aside from him--Kratos moves like Raiden, who moves like Dante, who moves like Nariko, who moves like Jak, who move like Radec, who moves like Cole 1,  who moves like Cole 2...  etc. and with there being no sprinting, you literally can't change the pace of movement wthout the aid of items. And everyone launches everyone as if all characters where balloons filled with helium.

Message 58 of 95 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:
I'm seeing this a lot.. When you disagree with everything else, do you really mean everything? Or just the roster section since that's pretty much the only part people seem to be reading.

Cause that's the only part people should be reading. Hold on, let me get my reading glasses for that paragraph of characters.

I rather not quote it, as well, you know.

Pretty much, they already have characters that defined Playstation. Of course... they're not going to have every single one. I enjoyed the Crash Bandicoot series but ever since his process & him being 3rd Party, I never had him on my mind for this roster. Also, you didn't play Tomb Raider & you know that the char should be in it? No no. Those are fans. I prefer the classic counter - "Nathan Drake".

No-names DLC that you mentioned, well, even though I don't care about the inclusion of Kat. I know of that her role got her popular & her game generated sales. Also, I knew there woulde at least be a certain person to mention Kat & not Starhawk's Emmett Graves to counter. But for Emmett Graves, he represents the Warhawk Franchise which was on PS1/PS3. May not be big than Crash nor Snake nor any, right? Well... 1st Party.

I agree on filler character "Fat Princess". It was because of SCE Santa Monica Studio & it was for the pitch to get this project into greenlight. Now, as for Toro? He's Sony's Japan Mascot. Yes... his games aren't even in other regions. I prefer if they did but I can see why because of sales & audiences. What does that mean? He's instead a Guest in some games that are in other regions like this one & because they didn't work on it. It's obvious that most of the people in the U.S. Region won't know him, but, he's Sony's Japan Mascot.

Now, Dante. I guess you did a REVIEW without researching... That's just horrible. I'm serious. SuperBot Entertainment wanted Dante from PS2. Capcom gave them Dante from DMC. So... they took it. His costumes is because of his game not being released yet & will have DLC so they don't want to spoil anything, so he just removes for costumes. Most wouldn't agree, cause this is just one community & it would just be "some" agreeing. It's true this roster might not please some people. What about other fighting game rosters? What about non-fighting game rosters? Even one character missing from a roster can might actually ruin the experience. This is true. The King of Fighters XII didn't have a fan-favorite character, and those fans came with a quote to the game. IGN even mentioned it. Of course, KOF XIII fixed that for the fans.

With the roster again, well, I can tell you. I enjoy the roster. But then again, this is your view & not everyone will have the same view which is like how you're trying to for others.

Shadeon wrote:

when characters that we all wanted didn't make it? I'd rather see characters from the same game getting two spots rather than some of these slot fillers. I'd never justify DLC seeing as it's always been nothing but a way to cheat gamers out of more money, but hopefully with future releases they can at least improve this aspect of the game with better choices

Just like this. If we use the examples you mentioned: Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Crash Bandicoot.

I never wanted those characters, so it pretty much destroys that statement since there are thousands of people who were interested in this game (maybe a million if the sales reached that).

You do see characters from the same game. InFamous & for the right reason. You never justify DLC even though the first DLC for this game is going to be free for two weeks with two no-names DLC characters like you said who you possibly won't download for free because they're no-names, correct? That means... they're not cheating gamers even though you're not interested in those two characters.

Maybe the future of this game with DLC & Patches (You know, the one coming that they announced? Plus future ones) will please you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 59 of 95 (95 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

Cause that's the only part people should be reading. Hold on, let me get my reading glasses for that paragraph of characters.

I rather not quote it, as well, you know.

Pretty much, they already have characters that defined Playstation. Of course... they're not going to have every single one. I enjoyed the Crash Bandicoot series but ever since his process & him being 3rd Party, I never had him on my mind for this roster. Also, you didn't play Tomb Raider & you know that the char should be in it? No no. Those are fans. I prefer the classic counter - "Nathan Drake".

No-names DLC that you mentioned, well, even though I don't care about the inclusion of Kat. I know of that her role got her popular & her game generated sales. Also, I knew there woulde at least be a certain person to mention Kat & not Starhawk's Emmett Graves to counter. But for Emmett Graves, he represents the Warhawk Franchise which was on PS1/PS3. May not be big than Crash nor Snake nor any, right? Well... 1st Party.

About the only characters I see that were there from nearly the beginning giving PS its name are Tekken, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and God of War. Three of those of which weren't even released until  the second generation console. So no, they're pretty lacking in that area. This whole "Must be First-party mentality", is really short minded when you consider third party characters defined the PS so much more. I could care less if Sony actually made it, or has the rights.

Now, Dante. I guess you did a REVIEW without researching... That's just horrible. I'm serious. SuperBot Entertainment wanted Dante from PS2. Capcom gave them Dante from DMC. So... they took it. His costumes is because of his game not being released yet & will have DLC so they don't want to spoil anything, so he just removes for costumes

I know **bleep** well why we got the lastest in DmC atire'd Dante, and I'll tell you it was just plain laziness. They would've got the original if they hadn't buckled for fear of getting nothing, but that's exactly what they did, and we got a stale brand of something we like for it.  Honestly I'd rather have something else than another boring swordslinger that mashes square if we couldn't at least get what we wanted, but it's there and that's what we got.

That costume bit is just your personal speculation, and like I said, DLC is just another way to overcharge gamers for something they should've had originally. So even if we eventually do get better looks, you'll be buying them.

Just like this. If we use the examples you mentioned: Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Crash Bandicoot.

I never wanted those characters, so it pretty much destroys that statement since there are thousands of people who were interested in this game (maybe a million if the sales reached that).

YOU never wanted those characters, but you can bet your **bleep** even people who aren't PS fans wanted them, and statistically,  a whole lot more wanted the characters I mentioned than what they got. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. Even if I did believe this load of BS you posted, enough would dissagree to make you wrong.

You do see characters from the same game. InFamous & for the right reason. You never justify DLC even though the first DLC for this game is going to be free for two weeks with two no-names DLC characters like you said who you possibly won't download for free because they're no-names, correct? That means... they're not cheating gamers even though you're not interested in those two characters

You mean using the same exact character twice? Because that's origninallity at its finest.

Let's not forget those characters are only free for 2 weeks. Mostly because a large percentage of players won't get them in that short a timespan, so it's a great money grabber.

Message 60 of 95 (76 Views)
0 Likes