Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012
I'm just going to poke my head in here and say that while I love Smash Bros., I have absolutely no idea who half the characters are, or where they came from.
Message 31 of 95 (174 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Heavenly Sword is nothing like God of War in terms of story and character personality. Though its short, the characters in the game pop out and are memorable. Toro is the "OFFICIAL"  mascot of Sony Japan, you might as well make him the mascot for here in America too. Crash is owned by Activision which everyone should know by now and how greedy they are. Kat represent on a franchise that Sony has now started. Emmet represent the Warhawk series even though  Starhawk is a spiritual successor.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 32 of 95 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I like the game.

Message 33 of 95 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 3, 2012
My comment will not appear on this thread Smiley Sad
Message 34 of 95 (155 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

I disliked the game not the character.

And yet you've already linked that to why she shouldn;t be in the game. This isn't rocket science

Must be since you're **bleep** it u,p and so far everyone has been putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

You've already said a lot that she shouldn't have made the cut for reasons that only link to you not liking the game.

Message 35 of 95 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

miamiheatowns wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

Right off the bat I think this was the biggest disappointment however. Not because it didn't have all the characters I wanted, but because it didn't have the ones that defined Playstation from the beginning. Y'know, the greats that every fan grew up loving and recognizing with Playstation itself. Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, and a several more….. Add this disappointment to the one of seeing fillers like Fat Princess and Toro making the cut, and I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking.

The most ignorant comment I have ever read, you ask for third party characters that are almost impossible to get (Crash) and then bash on Toro, an actual mascot for Sony for being a “filler” character. Toro is more of a mascot than crash and any of those characters that you listed combined…Just unbelievable...

So because Toro is an actual sony mascot hes a better choice than the most recongizable PS icons like Cloud and Solid Snake? Trolling me because you want to show off how knowledgable about PlayStation history you are. I could care less about what they own, and more about what made the system great. Toro and Nariko did nothing for PS close to what Crash or Lara did.

Free and extremely recognizable in Japan. Yes, that's a better choice than Snake, Crash, or Lara.

Message 36 of 95 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 3, 2012

i agree with your critic i was let down hard i only recognize like half of the roster and i  dont even care for the rest  really.

Message 37 of 95 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Firstly! give this guy a break, its his review, so its his opinion, none of you can change it.

Secondly! Dont hate on me for this is my opinion so sit the fudge down! Yes this game may have not lived up to my expectations, the lack of content makes this game pretty stale and making the game boring after a week of playing, leveling up to 100 is fun, unlocking new intro's and the like, but then after that just one icon at 200 then a background at 300! i mean seriously theres nothing to keep me leveling up! I would love a cool costume or something for getting to level 999.

So yeah thats my gripe about the game! dont give me any of that "ohh you know nothing about playstation or gaming in general" because i was playing playstation when some of you were still swimming in your dads sack!

So calm down! and peace from the middle east!

Cold White Wine Aint That Fine!
Message 38 of 95 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 3, 2012

"which when I see no-name features like Kat & Evret which I wouldn't even associate with any kind of PS icon, I kinda lose hope for future release of the characters that should've been in this game to begin with." i rofled so hard when i saw this, spilled my drink.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 39 of 95 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

My desire for characters from series the original PlayStation had with a legacy behind it must be a generation thing. Gravity Rush was ok but again, not really what I'm looking for with memorable icons since the vita just came out the womb practically yesterday. I would hardly either classify Kat or Evret as  a PlayStation Allstar.

Toro Toro is Japan's recognizable icon so it should automatically be NA's too by default? I'll just chalk that up to an opinion gone awry.

Message 40 of 95 (108 Views)
0 Likes