Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
2075 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

why does everyone insist that toro is a there just to fill up a roster spot?  he's the friggen mascot of playstation!  If anything, he deserves to be there MORE than any other character

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 95 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012
'Please don't misunderstand me here, I'm not gonna rage & rip on this game because it's not a perfect clone of Smash Bros. even though I'll admit, I think it would've been much more successful if it were.'

Link & Kirby are popular, no one gives a flying f*** about Toon Link or Metaknight. It's like saying Mario is popular, so Racoon Mario is justified.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 95 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
268 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

                 

              Right off the bat I think this was the biggest disappointment however. Not because it didn't have all the characters I wanted, but because it didn't have the ones that defined Playstation from the beginning. Y'know, the greats that every fan grew up loving and recognizing with Playstation itself. Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, and a several more….. Add this disappointment to the one of seeing fillers like Fat Princess and Toro making the cut, and I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking.


The most ignorant comment I have ever read, you ask for third party characters that are almost impossible to get (Crash) and then bash on Toro, an actual mascot for Sony for being a “filler” character. Toro is more of a mascot than crash and any of those characters that you listed combined…Just unbelievable...

Message 23 of 95 (180 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

Shadeon wrote:

I disliked the game not the character.


And yet you've already linked that to why she shouldn;t be in the game. This isn't rocket science

Message 24 of 95 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

"..no one gives a flying **bleep** about Toon Link or Metaknight."

 

Zero truth to this.

Message 25 of 95 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012
I'm not a mindless fanboy your a **bleep** it was not popular at first. Later when it dropped in price and people favor it a shot it got popular and lots of people stated to like it. It was only unpopular at first because people thought it was a god of war rip off at first and did not want to pay $60 for it. Also popular is popular it does not matter when, where, or how it happened you dunce.
Message 26 of 95 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012
Really ? I'd love to see the two be added to people's wish lists for SSB 4's roster. Only reason people care about them now is because they're on the roster - just as you propose people like Nariko for.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 95 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

                 

              Right off the bat I think this was the biggest disappointment however. Not because it didn't have all the characters I wanted, but because it didn't have the ones that defined Playstation from the beginning. Y'know, the greats that every fan grew up loving and recognizing with Playstation itself. Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, and a several more….. Add this disappointment to the one of seeing fillers like Fat Princess and Toro making the cut, and I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking.


The most ignorant comment I have ever read, you ask for third party characters that are almost impossible to get (Crash) and then bash on Toro, an actual mascot for Sony for being a “filler” character. Toro is more of a mascot than crash and any of those characters that you listed combined…Just unbelievable...


So because Toro is an actual sony mascot hes a better choice than the most recongizable PS icons like Cloud and Solid Snake? Trolling me because you want to show off how knowledgable about PlayStation history you are. I could care less about what they own, and more about what made the system great. Toro and Nariko did nothing for PS close to what Crash or Lara did.
Message 28 of 95 (145 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2012
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

I honestly don't know how to comment this review. Except for the online issues, I disagree with all of it. Character design is great and offers a lot of diversity, each one playing completely different than the others. It's not like in Smash Bros, where there are only minor changes. The game looks also pretty balanced to me, nothing that cannot be patched. One last thing about your sword-swingers: I once watched an allstars tournament, where a Kratos player said, after this tournament, he'll switch chars, because Kratos is to weak...

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 29 of 95 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Hard Review of PS:Allstars

Dec 3, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Shadeon wrote:

I disliked the game not the character.


And yet you've already linked that to why she shouldn;t be in the game. This isn't rocket science


Must be since you're **bleep** it u,p and so far everyone has been putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

Message 30 of 95 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes