Dec 11 2012
By: TrashCrap Fender Bender 2538 posts

Handicap System

3 replies 203 views Edited Dec 11, 2012
Now before you shout that there is no need for one and people should learn the game better, hear me out. Handicap systems are great ways to reduce frustration with new players which is a good thing for the game on general. As I posted in a different thread, it's actually possible in this game, and I don't want my newbie friends to get frustrated because of the skill gap between me and them.

All SuperBot would have to do is make it so individuals can toggle how fast their AP gain is instead of making it a global option in the match settings. Those bad at the game make their AP gain slightly faster, or good players could always slow theirs down. That way, new players can play a character they like instead of playing an easy character like Kratos.

Obviously this would only work offline. But I think the Super system really does allow for this implementation, and I also think it would help people fall in love with this awesome game instead of getting frustrated by a good player trapping them in a combo until they get their level one and killing them. They would feel like they had a fighting chance if they could get more AP than them. Note that it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be landing more supers, because good players can still throw to take away AP and avoid supers (especially ones released by a newbie)

Let me know what you guys think. I obviously really want this.
Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Handicap System

Dec 11, 2012

Not a bad idea to make the game more accessible as a party game, but I don't think I'd find any use in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 2 of 4 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 11, 2012
isn't there already a handicap system or did I just dream that
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 11, 2012
You can increase the AP gain for all players, but not individually. Unless I missed something
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)
0 Likes