Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 01/12/2011
Offline
574 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

What an attitude. keep it up ill gangsta,  youre cool youre on the leaderboard!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 21 of 39 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 24, 2012

What were they thinking when they were designing Kratos? Not only is he a solid ground fighter and arguably the best ground combatant ( fast, lots priority, can change directions, great range) he is also the best aerial fighter in the game as well. Some of his aerial attacks last long enough to eat through air dodges as well as having insane priority and range. He can also make his mash square combo safe by using the launcher after the third hit.

 

With melee options that good you'd think they'd give weaknesses in other areas but nope. He has a shield charge, a counter, a projectile, a triple jump (wings), the abilitiy to combo off of his throws, a guard breaker, a sweep, a godlike anti air, and a near all purpose chain grab. I've actually fought good Kratoses (not the chain grab spammers) and it was a nightmare.

Message 22 of 39 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 24, 2012
Big Daddy > Kratos on the ground

Jak > Kratos in the air

Fat Princess > Kratos on ground and in the air.

Kratos' attacks are easily baitable and he has no practical ways to land his level 1 super, his level 2 is easily dodged and his level 3 is probably the one everyone has the most experience dodging.

Lag is what makes Kratos good since it's near impossible to block, dodge or use armored moves on his attacks at the correct timing because lag always makes delays and glitches happen.

Offline Kratos isn't that spectacular.
Message 23 of 39 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 24, 2012

Don't take gambles dodging his attacks, his reach is long enough to still get you as your dodge ends, instead, focus on blocking and punishing as he recovers, block his chain grab especially, he only gains a smidgen of AP when you block it because the larger chunk of it comes from his followup tackle.

 

A character that can parry will crush a run of the mill Kratos player. Don't forget that useful ability if your character has it.

Message 24 of 39 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/23/2012
Offline
295 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

And, if you want to add insult over injury, add in a teabag sequence. Taunting is overrated and leaves you vulnerable.

 

EDIT: If anyone asks, first, we beat them. Second, we discourage them from using Kratos again.

Message 25 of 39 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 25, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Big Daddy > Kratos on the ground

Jak > Kratos in the air

Fat Princess > Kratos on ground and in the air.

Kratos' attacks are easily baitable and he has no practical ways to land his level 1 super, his level 2 is easily dodged and his level 3 is probably the one everyone has the most experience dodging.

Lag is what makes Kratos good since it's near impossible to block, dodge or use armored moves on his attacks at the correct timing because lag always makes delays and glitches happen.

Offline Kratos isn't that spectacular.

 Hell to the no

 

Big Daddy<Kratos on the ground and air

    The ONLY thing Big daddy has going for him is his armor which can be worked around by blocking since his armored moves have so much recovery.  You talk about Kratos being crazy punishable when Big Daddy is way more punishable then Kratos ever will be .BD has nowhere near the speed range or priority  that Kratos has. This matchup is probably 7-3 in Kratos's favor.

 

Jak<Kratos on the ground and air

      Jak's aerial moves are mainly for mobility purposes(dodgin supers or getting the hell out) as Kratos can hit Jak out of every one his aerial attacks. Most of Jak's aerial moves are single hit or have very small hitboxes making them easy to air dodge. Don't ever  try to put aerial control in jak's favor.

 

Fatprincess= Kratos

     I believe Fat Princess is one of the few characters that can effectively handle a good Kratos.

  

 

Message 26 of 39 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 25, 2012
@simplegary The same thing applies to all of Kratos...his attacks have long recovery, and the good thing about Big Daddy's armor is that it can be done on REACTION to Kratos attacking so it's guarenteed to bust through Kratos' attacks not to mention his superiour tech chase, trap and throw options. The matchup is actually in Big Daddy's favor since a defensive Big Daddy is one solid nut to crack for Kratos and leaves him extar vulnerable to knock down punishes and instant armor reaction.

Jak also controls the air above him too so while he's mobile in the air he's also a major threat on the ground when opponents are trying to attack from above which is why Jak is better than Kratos for air control.

Fat Princess has armor also and a lot of attacks using her minions that can save her mid combo and easily setup Kratos for a super imediantly after aswell as having supers much better than Kratos in general.
Message 27 of 39 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@simplegary The same thing applies to all of Kratos...his attacks have long recovery, and the good thing about Big Daddy's armor is that it can be done on REACTION to Kratos attacking so it's guarenteed to bust through Kratos' attacks not to mention his superiour tech chase, trap and throw options. The matchup is actually in Big Daddy's favor since a defensive Big Daddy is one solid nut to crack for Kratos and leaves him extar vulnerable to knock down punishes and instant armor reaction.

Jak also controls the air above him too so while he's mobile in the air he's also a major threat on the ground when opponents are trying to attack from above which is why Jak is better than Kratos for air control.

Fat Princess has armor also and a lot of attacks using her minions that can save her mid combo and easily setup Kratos for a super imediantly after aswell as having supers much better than Kratos in general.

 Kratos's attacks do not have that much recovery. His mash square combo can be jump cancelled and made safe by adding his up square (launcher) at the end of the third swing. If I remember correctly, Big Daddy's armor does not start up instantly. I know this because Big Daddy is one of my secondaries. Big Daddy has neither range nor speed and Kratos can still counter his attacks by using the fleece.

 

   Jak has no good anti air moves so i don't know what you mean when you say he prevents people from attacking him from above. Peacemaker doesn't come out that fast, has a small hit radius, and only gains 5 Ap so it really isn't that good of an anti-air.  Meanwhile Kratos's anti air (up square I think) has minimal recovery, a far greater hitbox, and actually leads into 70+ Ap combos. Sorry but Kratos still has better air control.

 

I agree with you on Fat Princess though.

 

Btw Kratos does have a hitconfirm into level 1. His lvl 2 can also be comboed into rather easily

Message 28 of 39 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 25, 2012
@simplegary Big Daddy's squares have varrying levels of armor to the point they can absorb multiple hits so if Kratos even tries to create some combo starter using his square attacks Big Daddy's forward square will have him on the ground which allows him to use his great tech chase game. One good setup that works on Kratos because of his height is to use level 1 behind Big Daddy then when Kratos tries to roll away on wake up he'll either roll tiwards her and die or Big Daddy can use his down throw so that when he swings Kratos he'll get hit by little sister standing behind Mr B. Big Daddy may lack range but being able to plow through attacks is what makes him brilliant. Also the counter doesn't work on most of Big Daddy's armored moves because the armor lasts long enough to absorb the actual counter attack even if Big Daddy triggers it which still leaves Kratos vulnerable.

Basically once Big Daddy knocks someone down he has 50/50 mixup that can lead to a combo/super or another throw so he can essentially drain an opponent of most of their AP before they can get away from him.

The level 1 combo for Kratos is using his down circle attack, this attack is absolutely horrible because of it's awkward hitbox and sluggishness leaving Kratos vulnerable.

Message 29 of 39 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Guide to beat Kratos

Dec 25, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@simplegary Big Daddy's squares have varrying levels of armor to the point they can absorb multiple hits so if Kratos even tries to create some combo starter using his square attacks Big Daddy's forward square will have him on the ground which allows him to use his great tech chase game. One good setup that works on Kratos because of his height is to use level 1 behind Big Daddy then when Kratos tries to roll away on wake up he'll either roll tiwards her and die or Big Daddy can use his down throw so that when he swings Kratos he'll get hit by little sister standing behind Mr B. Big Daddy may lack range but being able to plow through attacks is what makes him brilliant. Also the counter doesn't work on most of Big Daddy's armored moves because the armor lasts long enough to absorb the actual counter attack even if Big Daddy triggers it which still leaves Kratos vulnerable.

Basically once Big Daddy knocks someone down he has 50/50 mixup that can lead to a combo/super or another throw so he can essentially drain an opponent of most of their AP before they can get away from him.

The level 1 combo for Kratos is using his down circle attack, this attack is absolutely horrible because of it's awkward hitbox and sluggishness leaving Kratos vulnerable.


You can still just tech the throw as Big Daddy's little sister doesn't have much of a lingering hitbox once she hits the ground. Big Daddy's square attacks still have crap range so even with armor Kratos thoroughly demolishes him due to sheer range. Big Daddy's "tricks" may work on someone who hasn't seen them but they're easy to figure out after a while. I still don't see how Big Daddy > Kratos on the ground.  

Message 30 of 39 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes