Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Re: Guess what score ign will give

Nov 19, 2012
7. they always hype up a game alot, and then go and give it a low score. dont get me wrong, i like ign and greg, but you have to admit, he always makes a game seem amazing, and then reviews it as a 7. does it with a lot of vita games.
Message 11 of 45 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Colin is reviewing this game. He looks really excited and already platinumed it. He is also generally outspoken about his overall impressions before the embargo. I can't see him reviewing it below an 8.7 ad even that seems a bit low for his enthusiasm. But we'll see.
Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 12 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 19, 2012
IGN, hypes games up then shoves a bad review down there throat.

I mean it's not a bad game, just got to factor in a couple of things. - Arcade mode has no real reason it's basically like Smash Bros Melee arcade with voice overs and some comic clips. I expected, actual cut scenes like brawl but in nice HD. Sony should of funded for it.

The roster is alright it has some big names but is also missing some first parties and some good third parties.

Not enough items or maps, and no stage creator either.

Fighting looks smooth though, and they said they have no problem with online which will be good.

Worst of all though is the game has stupid AI, they literallly look retarted. This will hurt the game, even if most people are going to play online what if you dont? Then you won't enjoy it to much.

I expect a 7.5/8 for the review.
Message 13 of 45 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Colin will give it a 9 or higher. He has over 50 hours into the game. The story takes 30 minutes per character. 20 characters. That is 10 hours. For a review, he would probably only have to play offline for 10 hours and , at most, play online for 10. That is only 30 hours. He has to be enjoying the game to keep playing it....

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 14 of 45 (185 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Won't beat Halo.
Message 15 of 45 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 19, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:
Won't beat Halo.

Comparing games from two entirely different genres is moronic.

Message 16 of 45 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 19, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:
It's gonna be a giant score. IGN wouldn't ruin a relationship with Sony by giving their game a bad score.

What relationship?  IGN is incredibly xbox biased.  They'd give it a 10 if it was on xbox, but since it's on ps3 I'm guessing a solid 1.5.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 17 of 45 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BuchNasty wrote:

JesseCasco wrote:
It's gonna be a giant score. IGN wouldn't ruin a relationship with Sony by giving their game a bad score.

What relationship?  IGN is incredibly xbox biased.  They'd give it a 10 if it was on xbox, but since it's on ps3 I'm guessing a solid 1.5.

That is BS. They have different people for sidderent systems. Also, Uncharted 3 got a 10. Did it deserve a 10? Not to most people. Also, IGN has gotten the privilege to release many of the details regarding this game. There is definitely a relationship.

Message 18 of 45 (152 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BuchNasty wrote:

JesseCasco wrote:

That is so idiotic. IGN cannot be that biased. Someone from their Playstation team is reviewing the game. Those guys live and breathe Playstation. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 19 of 45 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Nov 19, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

Colin will give it a 9 or higher. He has over 50 hours into the game. The story takes 30 minutes per character. 20 characters. That is 10 hours. For a review, he would probably only have to play offline for 10 hours and , at most, play online for 10. That is only 30 hours. He has to be enjoying the game to keep playing it....

You have to finish a game to be able to give a review, so I wouldn't let that get your hopes up.

Message 20 of 45 (147 Views)
0 Likes