Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

Gravity Rush/inFamous 2 Stage Idea

29 replies 1838 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I know you guys probably think I post a lot of this stuff by now, but hear me out.

The recent thread about Kat's Level 3 got me thinking about this again.  A looong while back I made a thread about a Gravity Rush x WipEout stage idea, but since then we've learned that A. WipEout is already being represented in the new Fealess stage, and B. A Gravity Rush stage is already in development.

But, as we all know, the stage's mashup hasn't been given yet.  I was thinking inFamous 2, and here's why:

- Both are open-world games where you can explore areas using superhuman abilities.

- Both games are comic book-styled with one being Eastern-inspired and one being Western-inspired, making for a perfect marriage.

- inFamous has been represented as a stage, but not yet as a mashup.

--

The stage would start out in Gravity Rush's Vendecentre, the green-colored downtown area that is famously seen on the game's front cover.  It would start out with its own music:

The area you would fight on would be a small park area in front of the largest, most iconic building in the game (excuse the unnecessary health bars and bad Photoshop jobs).

Vendecentre 1

Vendecentre 2

Slowly, very slowly, the Beast from inFamous 2 approaches from the background, similar to the Moon from the Termina Bay stage in SSBM.  He is (obviously) wrecking everything in his path.

The music begins to transition into this as the Beast draws nearer (the part at 1:05):

Eventually, the Beast arrives and the green color shifts into red-orange as chaos erupts.  His hazards would include fiery sweeps of his hand and shooting balls of molten rock.

Vendecentre 3

Suddenly, the Special Defense Force arrives in their giant battleship (the Jellyfish, I believe).  Yunica is seen flying from the ship and fighting the Beast using her lance.  Raven may also make cameos and assist in fighting.  Throughout the match, she continues in the background until the Beast is brought to its battered state from the end of inFamous 2's boss fight.

Finally, as the timer winds down (in a timed match, of course), Yunica zips back to the ground and makes a proud, confident stance.

--

Thoughts? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (1,838 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Re: Gravity Rush/inFamous 2 Stage Idea

Jan 14, 2013

Those photoshops look amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (1,828 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 14, 2013
cool level idea, but the layout seems pretty similar to Paris
16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (1,823 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 14, 2013

That's a pretty great idea. I'd be all for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (1,796 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 14, 2013
lol on another note, that sir dan sucks, who is he trying to hit?
16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (1,780 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Jan 14, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

Obviously he's fighting a ghost.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (1,774 Views)
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Kudos. lol, what happened if Evil Cole used lv. 3? Easter eggs?
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (1,772 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 14, 2013
that sounds pretty awesome :smileyvery-happy: btw when did we get confirmation of a Gravity Rush stage???
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (1,756 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 14, 2013

FredFai wrote:

The beast legit just disappears and everyone that was figthing him shrugs and goes home lol

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (1,749 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Thanks, everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
cool level idea, but the layout seems pretty similar to Paris

Yeah, I did notice that upon posting it.  I spent most of my afternoon flying (or falling) around Vendecentre and finding good places to take screenshots of with my Vita.  It was harder than I thought. @_@  I wanted to find a good building area, but most of them had roofs where the terrain was so unbalanced that it wouldn't make for a good fighting stage, so I settled for the park area.

retrosoul22 wrote:

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

Obviously he's fighting a ghost.

This. :smileylol:

(In actuality, I had to put him on the building because of the way his legs were cropped haha.)

FredFai wrote:

That WOULD be pretty neat.  I'm not quite sure how it would work yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (1,741 Views)