Nov 23 2012
By: CalDW19940 I Only Post Everything 1169 posts

Good Cole infinite

15 replies 2424 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Just discovered a very easy infinite you can do with Good Cole....

His standard square, square, square combo will net a different combo ender depending on the timing of the button press, one of them leave the opponent crumpled, one of them knocks the opponent across the screen and the other is a hard knock down. With the crumple one if you get the timing down you can just keep repeating the combo re crumpling them every time, using down square to stun them during the crumple is just another option but with this Good Cole can build as much meter as he wants on multiple opponents then just wreck havoc.

I really hope the devs do something about how many times he can redo the crumple because I've found no limit to it and managed to do it on 3 opponents at once till I got my level 3 then just repeated it.

Message 1 of 16 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Good Cole infinite

Nov 23, 2012

I don't know if you can just repeat it, but there are no infinites becaue of the ap burst after 100 ap.

Message 2 of 16 (2,418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

I've done it in several modes, Good Cole can just repeat this and it counts as a new combo every time despite the opponent being stunned so the AP never reaches 100 during it.

If you do it to early during the crumple then yes it counts towards the AP reaching 100 but if you delay a little it resets.

Message 3 of 16 (2,412 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

It's not too big a deal because it's short ranged and very timing specific but it does need adressed

Message 4 of 16 (2,346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Jeez...
Message 5 of 16 (2,323 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Just tried it in practice mode... and yes it's infinite.

thing is though, evil cole has the same moves, yet he can't actually do it the same way. He'll put his hand out and instead of knocking them down they'll fly backwards....

Kind of sucks really, because that that little hit you can get in so many really really good combos but since evil cole doesn't have it, he's really hard to gain AP with.
Message 6 of 16 (2,287 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 23, 2012
I think evil cole might be glitched, because he has a couple of moves that good cole can do, but with different outcomes...such as his vanilla triangle, good cole absorbs a ton of energy while evil cole makes the animation to do so, but gains no extra AP.

His combo he does the exact same moveset, animations and all but the guy goes flying instead.
Message 7 of 16 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

To be fair they still wanted to make Good Cole and Evil Cole play differently since in Infamous a lot of their signature attacks were complete opposites. Just because some animations are similar doesn't mean the frame data or properties are the same, Some of Evil Coles attacks are faster than the same version Good Cole uses and vice versa or do different effects like knock downs or crumples.

But with this infinite of Good Coles that's so easy to do once you learn the timing and can land either down square or neutral square then it can really set up a lot of meter building and silly combos for his supers.

Message 8 of 16 (2,257 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 23, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

To be fair they still wanted to make Good Cole and Evil Cole play differently since in Infamous a lot of their signature attacks were complete opposites. Just because some animations are similar doesn't mean the frame data or properties are the same, Some of Evil Coles attacks are faster than the same version Good Cole uses and vice versa or do different effects like knock downs or crumples.

But with this infinite of Good Coles that's so easy to do once you learn the timing and can land either down square or neutral square then it can really set up a lot of meter building and silly combos for his supers.

I know this, but the current state of evil cole, it's hard to gain AP with him and the melee for both g/e cole in infamous isn't different, just the powers.  

Plus, at the moment his vanilla triangle is completely useless.  A lot of people have the idea that evil cole is a long ranged character...well punch blast takes forever to cast, vanilla triangle is useless, and his grenades give 10 AP.  All his "long range" attacks give crap AP and without that ONE random punch (it is indeed random, I just tried to do it in practice for like 10 minutes and there was no definite way to do it) it not only makes him not very combo friendly, but makes it much harder to build AP.

In comparison to the other characters, E. cole gains AP slower than hell.  Even playing as G cole in practice mode I got AP like a monstrocity but the only way to get fast AP with E. Cole is to chase them down and use the same square, square, square attack repeatedly.  

Message 9 of 16 (2,243 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Oh I agree on that, if he's not as combo heavy as G.Cole (even when excluding crumple combos) then he should gain large chunks of meter. Sweet tooth can get meter in large chunks from single attacks (a decent combo can net about 75 but it's not that easy to setup) but at least he can build meter that way and has a decent level 1 and amazing level 3. E.Cole doesn't share this.

It's my problem wih Sir Daniel too, his meter building was said to be good but it's not really and his moves are all too slow starting up and recovering to actually hit anything, and ontop of that only his level 3 hits grounded opponents.

The way it should work is characters who don't have as many combo opportunities gain chunks of meter (like Radec) while the combo heavy ones have meter building that scales more but quite a few combo heavy ones still build a lot of meter (just recently saw a Kratos combo vid that showcased nothing but 100+ AP combos that were easy to setup and perform)

Having infinites like G.Coles certainly don't help with balance, it could be a lot worse and this game is much more balanced than a lot of fighters and 4Player brawlers but they need to relook a few things. G.Cole is just a day one infinite and we haven't even seen the full potential of the other characters so there could be more and it's best to keep ontop of things.
Message 10 of 16 (2,205 Views)
0 Likes