Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
1512 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012
"using kindle fire lol. BUSTED"

I dew et 4 da lulz~
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 62 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/18/2011
Offline
330 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012
derp
Message 32 of 62 (169 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
1512 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012
I think if Parappa players masters his neutral triangle to deter zoning, he'll be up there(:

Same as Good Cole. If he knows when & what move to use and when to change up. He'll be up at top tier because he has the tools to overcome most situations.
Caught Slippin? Freeze to big combo
Approaching? Short hop Ice Barrier makes it hard (its also a super armor breaker)
Wana Camp? He has homing bombs, sticky bombs, & projectile absorption
Jump a lot? Tether grab and start a huge combo from across the screen
Running? He has a fast electric glide to catch them and can use his shoulder tackle to go airborne for a combo or leave safely and regain himself
In trouble? Glide or ice jump out

Watch as the game evolves, you'll see him win tournaments bro!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 33 of 62 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/12/2012
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012

After learning him for a while, I actually enjoy using Good Cole more than Evil Cole.  Like everyone else said, he's one of the most balanced characters in the game and it's really fun to string together combos with him.

 

My favorite thing to do with him is to shoot up a Redirect Rocket with Up+Triangle, and then hit people with my lightning bolts when they least expect it so that the rocket flies right at them.

Message 34 of 62 (156 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
1512 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012
You get a fulfilling feeling when you actually take time to learn a character that requires a bit more skill right?(:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 35 of 62 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012

Laybackkid wrote:
I think if Parappa players masters his neutral triangle to deter zoning, he'll be up there(:

Same as Good Cole. If he knows when & what move to use and when to change up. He'll be up at top tier because he has the tools to overcome most situations.
Caught Slippin? Freeze to big combo
Approaching? Short hop Ice Barrier makes it hard (its also a super armor breaker)
Wana Camp? He has homing bombs, sticky bombs, & projectile absorption
Jump a lot? Tether grab and start a huge combo from across the screen
Running? He has a fast electric glide to catch them and can use his shoulder tackle to go airborne for a combo or leave safely and regain himself
In trouble? Glide or ice jump out

Watch as the game evolves, you'll see him win tournaments bro!

 Parappa's neutral triangle doesn't stop all kinds of zoning. For example,  Drake's barrel has to be hit while it is still airborne or sometimes you whack the barrel only to have it explode in your face shortly afterward. Also, some projectile moves come out too fast and frequent for Parrappa to effectively reflect them (Drake's AK spray for example.) Like you said, it's better suited for Cole type projectiles (single hit and not too fast). Parappa himself is too one dimensional at times. Luckily he has his boombox meaning that his opponents can't just leave him alone. Parappa definitely has the potential too due his speed and big combos but he may end up being too predictable in the long run.

 

  Which characters have been winning tournaments recently? I haven't been following much of the competitive scene at all lately. 

Message 36 of 62 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/12/2012
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012

Laybackkid wrote:
You get a fulfilling feeling when you actually take time to learn a character that requires a bit more skill right?(:

Absolutely. Smiley Happy  I would say Good Cole is a pretty fulfilling character to use in general, really.

Message 37 of 62 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/15/2011
Offline
89 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012

I think khknight is right. Cole is very well balanced and easy to use. He is my favourite character, actually.

Message 38 of 62 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/18/2011
Offline
330 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012
Lemme guess. The director of this game only likes Cole instead of the others?
Message 39 of 62 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: Good Cole: Why come no one talks about him here?

Dec 30, 2012

Froggnen wrote:
Lemme guess. The director of this game only likes Cole instead of the others?

 I'm sure the developers tried to make everyone as balanced as possible but just ended up making up Cole a lot more balanced than everyone else. His tools just turned out to be the best for this type of game.

Message 40 of 62 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes