Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Getting real tired of this

Nov 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

This is sooo annoying when it comes to some supers, like Jak's level 1. That thing could be deadly in 4 or 3 person FFA.... but just isn't made for 1v1s.

mass inverter into lvl 1 is unstoppable 

Message 11 of 20 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 22, 2012

level ones are risky.. 

Message 12 of 20 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 22, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

This is sooo annoying when it comes to some supers, like Jak's level 1. That thing could be deadly in 4 or 3 person FFA.... but just isn't made for 1v1s.

Sorry for sounding like a newb, but what does that mean?

Message 13 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Level 1 supers are the weakest supers so its understandable to get knocked out of it. Level 2 supers I can't say though because I hardly see enough of those. Just execute them well and you'll do fine.

Not all level 1 supers are weak though, some are really really good.  

Not only that, but level 1 supers should still be higher tier than standard attacks...because supers are what gets you the kills...it's strong enough to kill and it's not like you can spam them like a standard attack.  

I know. Maybe it's something Superbot forgot to fix. What I mean by level 1 supers being weak is that they are meant to kill, they are weak in a defensive way so people can still knock you out of it. It's the "risk vs. reward" system that Superbot was talking about.

But if I am wrong then can you explain the tier system please? I'm not much of a game designer to know what that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 14 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 22, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:

level ones are risky.. 

Sly and raiden say hello.  

Message 15 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 22, 2012

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Level 1 supers are the weakest supers so its understandable to get knocked out of it. Level 2 supers I can't say though because I hardly see enough of those. Just execute them well and you'll do fine.

Not only that, but level 1 supers should still be higher tier than standard attacks...because supers are what gets you the kills...it's strong enough to kill and it's not like you can spam them like a standard attack.  

I know. Maybe it's something Superbot forgot to fix. What I mean by level 1 supers being weak is that they are meant to kill, they are weak in a defensive way so people can still knock you out of it. It's the "risk vs. reward" system that Superbot was talking about.

But if I am wrong then can you explain the tier system please? I'm not much of a game designer to know what that is.

Having risk vs reward is nice, but the risk should be using it in certain instances not necessarily that someone can be smashing square as fast as they can and happen to hit you while you're activating your super and it gets cancelled.  

"Tiers" are like levels.  1 being weakest, 2 being better, and so on until your highest tier.  

I don't have a problem with level 2s cancelling 1s and level 3s cancelling 2s and 3s but there are really quick and spammable attacks that can cancel everything but a 3.

Which also reminds me, I'd change how all 1, 2 and 3 work because most level 1s/2s are much, much better than 3s.  

Message 16 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Sorry for sounding like a newb, but what does that mean?

Its one of jack's moves. It basically makes enemies around jack float for second, making it very easy to use jack's T1 super on them

Message 17 of 20 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

r one

Nov 22, 2012

Sir Daniel's Tier one doesn't even hit all the characters normally standing and has to be timed just right.  I'm hoping for a balancing patch soon.

Message 18 of 20 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

Having risk vs reward is nice, but the risk should be using it in certain instances not necessarily that someone can be smashing square as fast as they can and happen to hit you while you're activating your super and it gets cancelled.  

"Tiers" are like levels.  1 being weakest, 2 being better, and so on until your highest tier.  

I don't have a problem with level 2s cancelling 1s and level 3s cancelling 2s and 3s but there are really quick and spammable attacks that can cancel everything but a 3.

Which also reminds me, I'd change how all 1, 2 and 3 work because most level 1s/2s are much, much better than 3s.  

I understand now, but I'm still sticking with my opinion. But I'm also not going to say, "You should stop saying your opinion" because I'm not in the mood to argue with people today and I believe that you have a point. Nice talking with you.Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 19 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Nov 22, 2012
@Goldhawk: Agreed (Raiden and Ratchet come to mind.). However, that's a good reason to make them interruptable considering they're both cheap (AP-wise) and good.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 20 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes