Reply
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012
Kat is cool because her gravity powers play a major part in her gameplay, from picking people up in a status filed, sliding on the ground at break-neck speeds, flying, sticking to any type of surface. Also her gravity attacks are amazing and nice to look at. The sprial is my favorite. As for Kat herself, what makes her interesting is that despite being in a somewhat zelda styled game, She avoids those generic hero traits, letting a lot of her personality shine though. Her inner thoughts and dialogue is both funny and amusing. I hope that helped give you some impression of why I at least like her. Also gravity rush is pretty much what jump-started a lot of interest in the vita, so she should represent for the time being.
Message 11 of 38 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/06/2012
Offline
1724 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012

bg-whookid wrote:
Kat is cool because her gravity powers play a major part in her gameplay, from picking people up in a status filed, sliding on the ground at break-neck speeds, flying, sticking to any type of surface. Also her gravity attacks are amazing and nice to look at. The sprial is my favorite. As for Kat herself, what makes her interesting is that despite being in a somewhat zelda styled game, She avoids those generic hero traits, letting a lot of her personality shine though. Her inner thoughts and dialogue is both funny and amusing. I hope that helped give you some impression of why I at least like her. Also gravity rush is pretty much what jump-started a lot of interest in the vita, so she should represent for the time being.

So, I watched gameplay and was very puzzled on how her gravity moves could be implemented, I never did see a gravity attack though..

Photobucket
Message 12 of 38 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
288 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012
Do yourself a favor my dude go to gamestop go over too the vita and see if it has the demo. bam!
iBillcosby likes your mom
Message 13 of 38 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/05/2007
Offline
2671 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012

Gravity

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 14 of 38 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/21/2012
Offline
3150 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012
If Superbot can make Sackboy, Fat Princess, and Parappa brutal warriors, they can make Kat's gravity powers work.
Message 15 of 38 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012
I don't know how to post videos yet, but I can bring some links from youtube to show you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDa4tEKUG0
The first link so some of her special moves at 00:36, 00:54, and 2:47.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQwkj30FBc&feature=relmfu
just skip to 6:27 and watch from there. Hope that was able to help, I'm pretty bad at this
Message 16 of 38 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012

bg-whookid wrote:
I don't know how to post videos yet, but I can bring some links from youtube to show you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDa4tEKUG0
The first link so some of her special moves at 00:36, 00:54, and 2:47.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQwkj30FBc&feature=relmfu
just skip to 6:27 and watch from there. Hope that was able to help, I'm pretty bad at this

what the.... she turned into a panther?

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 17 of 38 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1364 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012
A couple of characters have that one rush attack in the game. Like Kratos with his Spear and shield and Spike with his Dash Hoop. So her Gravity Slide can work similar to that.
Message 18 of 38 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

Aug 26, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:

All I see is kicks... is there any punches..?


I herd if you upgrade her enough she'll start doing punches.

Message 19 of 38 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/21/2012
Offline
3150 posts
 

Re: Get me hooked on Kat!

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

bg-whookid wrote:
I don't know how to post videos yet, but I can bring some links from youtube to show you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDa4tEKUG0
The first link so some of her special moves at 00:36, 00:54, and 2:47.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQwkj30FBc&feature=relmfu
just skip to 6:27 and watch from there. Hope that was able to help, I'm pretty bad at this

what the.... she turned into a panther?


Oh yeah! She turns into a gravity panther for her finisher. Which would make for a great level 3 super.

Message 20 of 38 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes