Highlighted
Jul 29 2012
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

Gems Mode

14 replies 215 views Edited Jul 29, 2012

This mode plays out like any other except there are these new "pick ups" called "gems" or "crystals" of different colors Red, Blue Green multicolored etc.. These Gems fall on the stage and you can pick them up like any other pick up, and throw them. If you hit a character, the gem breaks and the affects of the gem affect them, if you crack the gem on the stage they affect your character. All affects disapate after a TBD amount of time.

For EX.

Red Gems: Give auto-matic lvl 3 super. (if u hit a character with it, they get a free lvl 3 super, if you crack it on the map, you get the lvl 3)

Blue Gems: Knockout a bar full of AP orbs

Green Gems: Slow down time for everyone except for thecharacter that threw it.

Black Gems: Give you Nega-AP which is reddish pinkish. (If you hit an opponent with a black gem, they for a certain time have a pink AP meter, they give you their AP, for anybody they hit or any AP orbs they collect, so their meter will be decreasingwhile yours will increase.)

White Gems: Have reverse affects for Supers.( If you hit a chacter with a white gem, they for a short period of time have a penalty which would fire you super attack, free of charge for you.)

Multi-Colored or Wild Card gem: Is a gem which changes color consistantly, so you have to time your throw.

No this is not rumored

Message 1 of 15 (215 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Re: Gems Mode

Jul 29, 2012
Message 2 of 15 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012
I don't think an auto-lvl3 super would be the best idea, but not a bad gametype idea otherwise
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Yeah, I could see something like this working. The more modes the better I say.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 4 of 15 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Sounds interesting, but you pick up items so slowly in this game. I don't think I'll play an item heavy game mode.
Message 5 of 15 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Yeah I can agree with HighFlyer a bit on that. The item pick-up is really slow. I'm hoping SuperBot has modified that so you can pick items up on the move (one of the few things that SHOULD be cloned from SSB).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 15 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jul 30, 2012

@ Divine 

This is a mode that's based on Unpredictability and Stategy, not intended for the most Competitive games but a divergence from the normal formula.

Message 7 of 15 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 30, 2012

psychoticmantis wrote:

This mode plays out like any other except there are these new "pick ups" called "gems" or "crystals" of different colors Red, Blue Green multicolored etc.. These Gems fall on the stage and you can pick them up like any other pick up, and throw them. If you hit a character, the gem breaks and the affects of the gem affect them, if you crack the gem on the stage they affect your character. All affects disapate after a TBD amount of time.

For EX.

Red Gems: Give auto-matic lvl 3 super. (if u hit a character with it, they get a free lvl 3 super, if you crack it on the map, you get the lvl 3)

Blue Gems: Knockout a bar full of AP orbs

Green Gems: Slow down time for everyone except for thecharacter that threw it.

Black Gems: Give you Nega-AP which is reddish pinkish. (If you hit an opponent with a black gem, they for a certain time have a pink AP meter, they give you their AP, for anybody they hit or any AP orbs they collect, so their meter will be decreasingwhile yours will increase.)

White Gems: Have reverse affects for Supers.( If you hit a chacter with a white gem, they for a short period of time have a penalty which would fire you super attack, free of charge for you.)

Multi-Colored or Wild Card gem: Is a gem which changes color consistantly, so you have to time your throw.

No this is not rumored

wait, is this confirmed?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 8 of 15 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jul 30, 2012

@Thirty3Three

Lol No, this is a suggestion, I just said "it's not rumored", because there were alot of rumors going around I wanted to make sure people knew it wasn't even rumored.

Message 9 of 15 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 30, 2012

psychoticmantis wrote:

@Thirty3Three

Lol No, this is a suggestion, I just said "it's not rumored", because there were alot of rumors going around I wanted to make sure people knew it wasn't even rumored.

OH I see haha! I like it!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 10 of 15 (98 Views)
0 Likes