Shinra Executive
42067 posts

Re: Gamescon - who do you think will be revealed?

Jul 29, 2012
Eidos is part of Square Enix Europe so maybe someone from one of their IPs could get announced (Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Fear Effect).

Message 11 of 31 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Wow.. 3-4 characters and stages... i didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

Message 12 of 31 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 29, 2012

iBillcosby wrote:

CountMario wrote:
Yeah, I think we can all agree that three of them will be Ratchet and Clank, one of the Snakes, and Sackboy. The question is who will the fourth be. I put my money on an AC rep, Sir Daniel, or a female.

Who said anything about ratchet getting revealed at gamescon?? Why would they reveal all three shoe-ins so early? They need to reveal one of them last wtih crash.

Maybe it's because the shoe-ins should get over with so all that's left are surprises. Not to mention that pretty much everyone here thinks Ratchet and Clank will get revealed. I was just simply stating what the majority of us agreed upon.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 13 of 31 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Solid snake/ big boss, ezio or rayman, ratchet and clank, and sackboy.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 14 of 31 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Jul 29, 2012
PRINNY!! Smiley Very Happy he's the hero dood, he just has to be announced eventually.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 15 of 31 (126 Views)
Shinra Executive
42067 posts

Jul 29, 2012

fontbonne wrote:

I'd say save the MGS reveal for next month.  Kojima is holding a 25th Anniversary event on Aug 30th (where he's also going to show off his FOX Engine) and he should just announce a MGS character's inclusion for PSASBR then (another way for him to talk up MGS and PS's history together).  That would free up a spot for another character at Gamescom.

Message 16 of 31 (119 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Jul 29, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

fontbonne wrote:

I'd say save the MGS reveal for next month.  Kojima is holding a 25th Anniversary event on Aug 30th (where he's also going to show off his FOX Engine) and he should just announce a MGS character's inclusion for PSASBR then (another way for him to talk up MGS and PS's history together).  That would free up a spot for another character at Gamescom.

I like that idea

Message 17 of 31 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 29, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

fontbonne wrote:

While I would like that to happen, I don't think it is all that likely that he would mention PlayStation All-Stars. I would see his main focus being in the franchise himself and possibly leaving the honors to SuperBot to announce Snake. In fact, I could see SuperBot announcing Snake at Gamescom and then Kojima referencing that announcement at the event. I'm sorry, but that's just my perspective.

Message 18 of 31 (110 Views)
Shinra Executive
42067 posts

Jul 29, 2012

CountMario wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

fontbonne wrote:

While I would like that to happen, I don't think it is all that likely that he would mention PlayStation All-Stars. I would see his main focus being in the franchise himself and possibly leaving the honors to SuperBot to announce Snake. In fact, I could see SuperBot announcing Snake at Gamescom and then Kojima referencing that announcement at the event. I'm sorry, but that's just my perspective.

I think the honor of announcing Snake went to Cole's VA already Smiley LOL  And what you mentioned doesn't seem to make much difference if SuperBot announces it at Gamescom and then Kojima references it at the Anniversary event.  If he takes the time to even reference it, might as well put aside 4-5 minutes for the reveal trailer and to talk about the inclusion and announce it there.  That's all it really takes: the short reveal trailer showing some gameplay and then a few words.

But either way works.  One way is freeing up a spot for another character reveal and the other way is revealing the inclusion during an event dedicated to the IP in question.

Message 19 of 31 (102 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 29, 2012
lol!

I can realize how simple mentioning it can be. But still, it all depends on whether he thinks either him or SuperBot should have the honor of announcing Snake. It's kind of like how your best friend could announce a special surprise occasion to anybody, but he can just as easily not try to just to let you get to do it. It sounds silly, I know, but it happens. In fact, Paul Gale even said he knew about Big Daddy's inclusion three weeks before E3, but chose not to hint him and let SuperBot do it.

But don't get me wrong though, I would totally prefer Kojima announcing it, if only for the sake of having more characters being revealed.
Message 20 of 31 (92 Views)
0 Likes