Jan 14 2013
By: Kryptofdoom First Son 6 posts

Game freezing on looking for opponent screen

[ Edited ]
18 replies 339 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Hey guys! I got the game today for my birthday(Digital Version and I live in EU).

So I downloaded + installed the game everything was good. But then when i want to find a game ranked or quickmatch my game freezes after i have picked my character and come to the looking for opponent screen. Actually my whole PS3 freezes and I cant even press the PS button, for 1 minute+ then it says I have found opponents but either it just goes back to the looking for opponent screen again(AND freezes) or I get into the actual loading screen into the game(that happened once out of 20 times) but when I finally get into the game it says my connection to the host has been interupted or something like that..

Sorry for wall of text and maybe wrong translations on some stuff (my game is in swedish).

Anyway.. Any1 know whats causing this and if there is anything I can do to fix this myself or is it something that needs to be patched? My current version of the game is 1.03 or if it was 1.3 not 100% sure:smileytongue:

Thank you for any help provided and hope to see you ingame:smileyhappy: 

Message 1 of 19 (339 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Game freezing on looking for opponent screen

Jan 14, 2013
Any help is most appreciated
Message 2 of 19 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Looks like you're the newest victim of this issue. I've had this same problem since launch and there isn't really any fool proof plan that can fix it right now. You can try to contact superbot but they won't likely respond, customer service is not their strongest attribute

Message 3 of 19 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Oh well that sucks.. Was getting hyped for playing with my friend and then get dissapoined when we cant even play the game.. Pretty much sucks. If they dont fix this is there anyway i can demand a refund?:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 19 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Bumping this since other ppl seem to have the same problems. Please keep this thread alive until a permanent fix has been found or devs fix it with a patch.

Message 5 of 19 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I've ran into a few times myself both on the ps3 and vita version. Strange eh.
Message 6 of 19 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Very strange indeed.

Message 7 of 19 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I faced something similar to this tonight. Every time I joined a party the game froze. At one point I restarted and the sound wasn't playing, and then all subsequent attempts to play the game resulted in it not even starting. I don't even get an error, just a system freeze.

For any game this is ridiculous, but for a first party title Sony should be ashamed! I will wait and see if this issue is fixed in the next patch, but if it is not I will be demanding a refund and ensuring everyone I know who might feel like picking up this game does not do so.

Message 8 of 19 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Do you have the game on digital or a disc?

Message 9 of 19 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Same here i hvent played my ps3 in like 4 months but when i finally got back on my favorite game PSASBR i cant join parties or  play the game please son fix this. And since its downloaded think i cant get a refund. :smileysad: 

Message 10 of 19 (138 Views)
0 Likes