Message 21 of 53 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Game Grumps Play PSASBR!

Feb 3, 2013

BakonKart64 wrote:
@IceColdKilla44
Just because he didn't like it doesnt mean he was a Smash fanboy. He even said he was excited for the game when it was announced

He said he was excited for it because he thought it would be exactly like Smash....

Message 22 of 53 (453 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The ignorance in this thread knows no bounds. They gave a pretty good reasonable explanation on why they didn't like it. Not because its a SMASH RIPOFF! They even said it wasn't terrible but just...lacking which I agree with.
Message 23 of 53 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Feb 3, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

During one of the Sonic '06 playthrough videos I remembered Arin saying something about how he didn't like the Jak and Daxter games (I think), so I'm not surprised he'd feel the same way about this game.  Ah, well. *shrug*

Yeah, Arin hates Jak & Daxter. He likes Ratchet and Clank though.

Hmmm. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Arin likes both Jak 1 and Jak 3. He made a comment once saying that Jak 2 was the worst, though. Jon is the one that likes Ratchet and Clank and considers it an underrated series. I've been waiting for a while for them to get around to one of the two. However, I'd moreover appreciate a Sly Cooper video series. :-)

Photobucket
Message 24 of 53 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Feb 3, 2013

STRIFE WHERE ARE YOU

Message 25 of 53 (406 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2179 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Their criticism was not even constructive. It was mostly dislike. I wouldn't say hate since they didn't entirely dislike it. First (not really PSABR related) if your not over the new Dante by now, thats a bit sad. Dante has a classic costume as DLC. They gave you that, can you just get over it pl0x? They also shoudln't be allowed to judge the game when they clearly haven't played it long enough to get the full feel of it. Now lets look at their comparison of this game to SSB. They clearly expected this game to be a Smash clone in every way. If the game was like that, I honestly think I would've hated it a bit more. Its way more unique than Smash. Heres a comparison of the pros and cons of both games

PSASBR (Pros)

- The combat system is generally better imo.

- Super system adds to the fun of the gameplay

- Each character is unique to themselves

- Fun local play

PSASBR (Cons)

- The arcade mode was rushed and obviously not enough time was spent on it.

- The online modes are horribly laggy or unreliable at times (but fun anyway)

- Character imbalance causes spam and other irritating tactics online

-  Game types lack. I wouldn't have mind if they stole a few of  these from SSB. In specific, this game lacks a 1v1 mode, a stadium mode like in Smash would've been great, and event matches like the ones in Smash would've been beyond fun.

SSB (Pros)

-  Local play is superb

- Much more intricate arcade (by the 3rd game...) 

- Tons of fun modes

- The percentage system and health modes are a huge advantage for this game

SSB (Cons)

- While it has a larger roster, some characters are almost exact copies of each other. Fox, Wolf, and Falco are the exact same characters gameplay wise (they all have the same final smash too). Link and Toon Link are almost the same as well. Lucario and Mewtwo play the same too (even if they are in different games, they could've been made differently). You get my point?

In short, Smash has more going for it at this point. But its an established series on its 3rd game. To see that PSASBR is pretty much just as good, is saying something. Now I like both games, so this is coming from someone who has played all 3 smashes and has had PSASBR since day 1. Wow, did I just seriously rant on about that one video. I feel so silly nao Smiley Tongue . I was actually was gonna rant on Youtube, but I wouldn't be able to fit this all in one comment Smiley Wink Anyways, feel free to counter my arguement as much as you would like and make me look idiotic starting..... NAOW!

Message 26 of 53 (381 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Feb 3, 2013

:3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 27 of 53 (369 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Oh HAI STRIFE!
Message 28 of 53 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

:3

#WordsofWisdomfromStrife93ERMEHGERD

Message 29 of 53 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2017 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

I was just going to post this in here. I love Game Grumps. Honestly I think Egoraptor might be a little **bleep** because Tester dumped him for the stupidest reason you could ever dump anyone for in a show like that, I mean I would be. Literally they got rid of him for the stupidest reason ever. "You didn't help your teammates how to shoot melonnnsss ARINNNNN", that was kind of dumb. I know that he probably wouldn't have won, but they could of at least got rid of him in a better way...

But back on topic. I was a little excited about this video and a little scared at the same time before I saw it. I could see some actual points that they made though. The game did have a more potential.

Message 30 of 53 (359 Views)
0 Likes