I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Re: Fun game, yet one of the worst balanced fighters of all time.

Jan 1, 2013
WOW WOW WOW whats with all the technical logic crap i thought this game was for fun im sure every body knows how roll duck and dodge and combo right and pb_mal whats up with calling users names?
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 31 of 79 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 1, 2013
He's not a moron, its just I need him to read my comment and understand i know to dodge jump, counter, and combo.
Message 32 of 79 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I don't know why you guys expect a masterpiece from a brand new studio that made their first game.  Also, blocking is fine that way it is.  Now going back to the first Smash when Hal. Lab was new that game was pretty badly balanced but it didn't show that much because there wasn't 20 characters.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but I expect the game not to have so many poor match ups when it's a fighting game. 

Message 33 of 79 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Name one game fighting that didn't have a lot of bad match ups on its first time out from a new studio?  It's a rhetorical question because a well balanced fighting game from a new developer doesn't exist.

Message 34 of 79 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 1, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I don't know why you guys expect a masterpiece from a brand new studio that made their first game.  Also, blocking is fine that way it is.  Now going back to the first Smash when Hal. Lab was new that game was pretty badly balanced but it didn't show that much because there wasn't 20 characters.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but I expect the game not to have so many poor match ups when it's a fighting game.  

Here you go.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 35 of 79 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Brawl was fun and I could win with nearly anyone
Message 36 of 79 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 1, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
Brawl was fun and I could win with nearly anyone

That doesn't mean that matchups were balanced.  I can say the same about PSAS, but people keep insisting matchups aren't balanced.

Link has a tough time against a lot of characters.  Ice Climbers are theoretically pretty tough to win against a Ganondorf (I main Ice Climbers, and my friend's a mean Ganondorf, and it's always a tough match).  DK won't fare well against Deedeedee most matches.  I can keep going, if need be.

Likewise, Toro won't match up well against Jak, Radec against Sly, etc.

For someone who doesn't like to make PSAS/SSB comparisons, this is one that holds pretty much completely true for both games: Matchups will vary from character to character.  That's pretty much how both are built.  Those good with certain characters will adapt to overcome a theoretical disadvantage.

ecdf9e46
Message 37 of 79 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I played Link vs Diddy once and Diddy was obviously the better regardless of skill.  Everything about Diddy was hard to keep up with.  Granted Link isn't my main I know what you man, paladin.

Message 38 of 79 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Both games are at fault for this, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing for either. That's where some of the fun is; if all of the characters had completely fair shots against any other character, I don't think either would be as much fun as they currently are after a while of just playing them (obviously PSAS's timeframe is tentative, but regardless).

Really, in any fighting game any one character will have an inherently better moveset than another, because that's simply how they're balanced.  X is theoretically better than Y, Y should have an advantage over Z, and Z can take X.

ecdf9e46
Message 39 of 79 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 1, 2013
There is no such thing as a balanced fighting game. Get over it.
Message 40 of 79 (87 Views)
0 Likes