Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Fun game, yet one of the worst balanced fighters of all time.

Dec 31, 2012
There are all kinds of combos in other fighting games that people cannot do for the life of them and they don't complain about them being cheap they just ask for combo breakers knowing it won't happen unless it's Mortal Kombat or if Killer Instinct comes back, combos are part of these games for a reason and it's for rewards, you're rewarded for it, but on the other hand, you don't have to rely on combos to help your match, it may do you a lot of justice but you don't need it. Comboing into supers or anything in this game isn't something to complain about because you might as well cut off combos from the game entirely if that were the case and not being able to do combos will slow down the pace of the game.
Message 11 of 79 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Again

Im sorry, but you are one of the thousand idiots that think, the person that makes the complaint hasnt tried avoiding, aren't you? Instead of replying with something an average follower would say just go fight him for yourself.

I'm not replying to you any other way until you understand that part Atleast.

And that one guy hes just grabbing. Not comboing. Did you read my comment. lol

Message 12 of 79 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

Lol, complaining for removal because you lost to something and I'm the average player. Got it.

Message 13 of 79 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Btw you are an moron. Go fight him all ready quit stalling. Have it set to 3 lives, that means 3 grabs = you losing.

This is you, "I don't have to fight him because my comments is where my game lies. I don't even have the game, just know metagame and saw other guys talk about dodging a lot "
Message 14 of 79 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I'm done replying, this gif here is for your next response

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4624-smile.gif
Message 15 of 79 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Dude, I main Evil Cole. I have since day three, Dabuz found that grab tech literally two weeks before he posted it up. I found it about a weke before he finally put out the video, so I've been using it since a week before it was out on youtube. If he beats me with a tech that I've been using, so be it. Who cares?

Message 16 of 79 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Yeah it's no different from Sir Daniel's little mind game into his level 1.
Message 17 of 79 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Dante a bad character?

What in the name of Jesus has happened.
Message 18 of 79 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

He's a flashy character, he's fun to see used, but his mobility provides no hitboxes, he causes no disruption aside from the arbiter hurl, and he loses to every ranged or aerial character in the game, as well as a few others. He's not even in the top third in terms of character strength.

Message 19 of 79 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

I think that anyone who complains about being hit by a ground setup hasn't considered getting off the ground. If you're getting grabbed out of your landing, then you're not covering your landing. If your character cant cover his landing, then he probably isn't a very good character. Congratulations, you get compliments, that goes a long way to creating a strong diverse balanced game. Evil Cole creates absolutely no pressure that forces you to stay on the ground, if your character does not have a viable aerial set then they're missing a viable half of their moves.

You need to fight in order to gain AP, and you need to be on the ground in order to get a hit confirm or a to use a special. 

Sweet Tooth against Evil Cole or Good Cole, they both have range, they both have the dash to put range between them and the opponent.  With how defending, rolling, and jumping can protect you from any melee combos, like I mentioned before, a Sweet Tooth against a character like Cole or Jak cannot rely on neutral square, down square, up square, forward triangle, to gain AP, requiring air down square as his only source of gaining AP.  So what about after you gain the AP?  You're not going to hit them into a level one.  No chance unless the stars align perfectly and you attack and even when they block do your special and they roll the wrong direction into the special. 

Jak you have 0% chance at landing a level one on and Jak will also probably get a level three before any melee character gets a level two, and that's two kills right there, possibly three.  Evil Cole has to do nothing more but keep a charged up punch and wait for the opportunity to up grab you or let off his punch to hit you the moment you touch the ground.  You can fight while jumping as much as you want, you have to land on the ground, and it only takes one ground punch to be locked into the hit confirm.  Grabs have so much priority over rolls, so the up grab after a block has good hit potential.  Good Cole isn't as good as the other two characters, but if you don't level one hit confirm someone, skip your level two and get his level three for a guaranteed two kills.

It doesn't matter if you can get out of not being hit by an attack, it's how long can you not get hit by the attack while trying to gain AP and win yourself.

I'm only discussing these characters as they're the ones being referenced in the comments, but as I've stated, Sir Dan and Dante are bad match ups against Big Daddy.  Sir Dan and Dante actually have a lot of bad match ups altogether.  Ratchet  a couple bad match ups against him.

If they ever make a sequel to this game, it really needs to be completely restructured.  Like I've said in the original post, reducing AP or increase AP requirements won't change the games balance.  The characters themselves will still be overpowered in comparison to other characters,  It'll just drag battles on even further, and the same characters will still come out on top. 

Message 20 of 79 (133 Views)
0 Likes