Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Fun game, yet one of the worst balanced fighters of all time.

Dec 31, 2012
Dante and Raiden are in equal terms when it comes to comboing
they both can ap burst with 1 combo if u know how to use them
using supers is a different but combo=the same :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 79 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Sir Daniel isn't a "bad matchup" with any of the things you mentioned him being a bad matchup to.

Big Daddy can't use his plasmids very effectively on Dan, so he can't get close easily. He's also completely outranged in both plain melee and ranged attacks in general.

Sly is a bit annoying with his counter if he can use it properly, but with all of the projectiles Dan has there's not much he can do other than pull some crazy matrix maneuvers straight through them.

Daniel also does relatively well against Good Cole, Evil Cole, and Jak since they all have projectiles that net delicious AP.

The game isn't particularly unbalanced at all from what I've seen. A few moves could use tweaking, a few supers could use nerfing or buffing, but all in all there's no real situation where you can't possibly win.
Message 22 of 79 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 31, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

Sly.  Sir Dan, Dante, Spike, Fat Princess, Parappa, Raiden, Toro, Heihachi, Nariko, Jak, Radec, Ratchet, Good Cole, Evil Cole, Sackboy, Big Daddy, and Sweet Tooth are bad 1v1 match ups.  Kratos, Drake, and another Sly are the only ones that have a good chance.

I completely disagree that Fat Princess, Raiden, Heihachi, Evil Cole and maybe Good Cole have a bad matchup against Sly 1v1. 

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 23 of 79 (142 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

Sly.  Sir Dan, Dante, Spike, Fat Princess, Parappa, Raiden, Toro, Heihachi, Nariko, Jak, Radec, Ratchet, Good Cole, Evil Cole, Sackboy, Big Daddy, and Sweet Tooth are bad 1v1 match ups.  Kratos, Drake, and another Sly are the only ones that have a good chance.

I completely disagree that Fat Princess, Raiden, Heihachi, Evil Cole and maybe Good Cole have a bad matchup against Sly 1v1. 

Agreed with Redskins, none of those characters mentioned have woeful matchups against sly.

Message 24 of 79 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

Agreed with Redskins, none of those characters mentioned have woeful matchups against sly.

Sackboy does though. Sly is like an anti Sackboy which is annoying but can be worked around. He still is a bad matchup against him though.

Message 25 of 79 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Dec 31, 2012

@OP

Ok, first of all, there actually is a guard break, but not all characters have one.  Spike, Evil Cole, Fat Princess, Sackboy - they all have one. There could be more, but those are the only ones I know of.

Ok, now onto balance.  I'm gonna quote someone right here:

nasrulez - "Skill trumps scrubs"

crazypsasbrsackboyscore.JPG

This was post-nerf.

I don't know why everyone keeps acting like this is the most unbalanced f**king game in the world!!  Just because you don't know how to beat a person because they're spamming the same moves or because they are using a seemingly-better character than yours.  No! That's BS. If you use a character, you should know how they work instead going into a match and magically expecting to be good against everyone you face.  Don't whine because you think a certain character can't beat another certain character, learn those characters playstyles.  Learn their mechanics.  Now I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just sick of people complaining about how someone was spamming (don't talk to me about Asis because I have never faced him, and, from the looks of it, I don't want to.) or how a match-up is unbalanced.  People need to learn how to get around issues instead of whining and asking devs to make nerfs and buffs.  I sick of all this BS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 26 of 79 (125 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Since when does evil cole have a guard break?

Message 27 of 79 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Isn't the charged Giga Punch a guard break? If not, my bad, I don't play Evil Cole.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 28 of 79 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

definitely not; no prob.

Message 29 of 79 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I don't know why you guys expect a masterpiece from a brand new studio that made their first game.  Also, blocking is fine that way it is.  Now going back to the first Smash when Hal. Lab was new that game was pretty badly balanced but it didn't show that much because there wasn't 20 characters.

Message 30 of 79 (110 Views)