Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: Fun Fact about PASBR

Sep 30, 2012

Another fun fact, 20 percent of the roster is 3rd party charcters. Half of which dont even qualify as playstation all stars. Im looking at you big daddy and dante

Message 11 of 27 (135 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I am ok with 2 coles so long as the full roster is NOT what it is right now. I love inFamous. 2 was incredible. But if the game launches with new Dante and 2 coles but no sora or crash, that will be quite disappointing.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 12 of 27 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I should make it clear that I'm all for both Coles being included in the roster. Cole has two paths in InFamous and the good path isn't his true path so I'm glad. Besides they play quite differently by the looks of things and Evil Cole is awesome.

Also Evil Cole wouldn't have taken as long to make as the other characters due to him being a based off Good Cole, so no character missed out because of Evil Cole's inclusion.
Message 13 of 27 (123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Dante doesn't qualify as a ps all star? Huh?

Message 14 of 27 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 30, 2012

khknight wrote:

Another fun fact, 20 percent of the roster is 3rd party charcters. Half of which dont even qualify as playstation all stars. Im looking at you big daddy and dante

Ninja Theory made Heavenly Sword as well as the upcoming DmC.

Heavenly Sword is a Playstation Exclusive.

Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 as well as Special Edition were all on PS2 and only ported to 360 when the HD Remake and DMC4 was made.

Try harder.

Message 15 of 27 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Fun fact about two Coles, it's unique to the InFAMOUS series.

Message 16 of 27 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 30, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
Dante doesn't qualify as a ps all star? Huh?

He means New Dante.

Message 17 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 30, 2012

He's still Dante.

I like, though, how when we keep bringing up 3rd Party...

Final Fantasy is Square Enix, 3rd party, has just as much of a chance as Dante does...

Spyro and Crash are Activision. Again, third party. (Naughty Dogs and Activision, mind, for Crash. And while Naughty Dogs is first party he's also Activision.) And, again, Crash was also on some Xbox games, doesn't anyone remember that?

And Snake? Kojima. Not Sony.

See, while you guys moan and groan about Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, and while they may be a part of the history; so was everything else on the roster. And, if we're gonna put it further into perspective, Jak and Ratchet fit more than Crash/Spyro.

Why?

Well...movesets. What would Spyro and Crash offer us, as FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS? Spyro was known for tail whips and fireballs. Crash was known for a single attack; spinning. They just don't fit as fighting game characters. As All-Stars? Sure, but, as fighters, no.

Message 18 of 27 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 30, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

He's still Dante.

I like, though, how when we keep bringing up 3rd Party...

Final Fantasy is Square Enix, 3rd party, has just as much of a chance as Dante does...

Spyro and Crash are Activision. Again, third party. (Naughty Dogs and Activision, mind, for Crash. And while Naughty Dogs is first party he's also Activision.) And, again, Crash was also on some Xbox games, doesn't anyone remember that?

And Snake? Kojima. Not Sony.

See, while you guys moan and groan about Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, and while they may be a part of the history; so was everything else on the roster. And, if we're gonna put it further into perspective, Jak and Ratchet fit more than Crash/Spyro.

Why?

Well...movesets. What would Spyro and Crash offer us, as FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS? Spyro was known for tail whips and fireballs. Crash was known for a single attack; spinning. They just don't fit as fighting game characters. As All-Stars? Sure, but, as fighters, no.

Not to me he isn't, as far as I'm concerned it's just another Nero we have to deal with until the new game fails.

Message 19 of 27 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Big Daddy is in the roster because Irrational Games has an exclusive deal similar to that of Call of Duty with Microsoft. It's why we get the original Bioshock with Bioshock Infinite and a Bioshock for the Vita in the works. Stop your complaining, he's an awesome addition.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 20 of 27 (77 Views)
0 Likes