I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Re: Full gameplay analysis of Jak + Daxter, Big Daddy!

Oct 19, 2012
Well they used the Bouncer because he's the most recognizable character of the franchise. BioShock is one of my favorite games ever, but saying that Big Daddies don't use Plasmids at all is contradictory to asking Delta to be in, given that Subject Delta is, in fact, a Big Daddy. Big Daddys are heavily spliced, who's to say they can't use them at all? Glad to hear Jak is great though.
All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 21 of 34 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:
the gun course is a mini game, not a training thing xD. Its just a bad aiming mechanic, plain and simple. I like the new gun mods and all that, but eh..just wasnt into the aiming. maybe its because ive been spoiled with modern day games, im sure Jak 3 was amazing back on the PS2 when it launched!

Sighs...... The gun couse is not just a mini game. Its also used for training your accuracy. And its not a bad shooting mechanic. The game is not a shooter. Its a platformer that turned into an adv/action game on its sequels. You dont understand how this applies to Jak. Modern games is the exact reason. Ppl mistake this game for a shooter because it have guns in it. Ppl expect because theres guns, that they all must have the same exact shooting mechanics. Thats what makes jak a great and unique game as well. It actually takes skill to use these guns. Plus that fact that there are many many combo's you can use to make the gun auto aim to hit its target precisely. S overall the game is fair 100%. Like I said my accuracy most of the time is 95-99%

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 34 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
that was Subject Delta, not a Bouncer.
Message 23 of 34 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
digitalman, (sorry dont know how to quote people :c)

Bouncers and Rosies dont use plasmids. happy now?

its been specifically said taht Subject Delta is special in the fact that he CAN use plasmids. its been a stated part of the lore.

Message 24 of 34 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I gues this is jsut a difference in opinion. yes, i havent seen another game like Jak with the gun mechanics, but tht doesnt make it good in my eyes. i lie unique, but only when the unique thing is good. I would have liked a straffer way to play like in R+C. maybe thats why i loved Deadlocked soo much more? it just plays out soo much better. im sure id LOVE Jak + Daxter if it had an option to play like that. (and dont get me wrong, i do think Jak series is an excellent series, but these are the things that keep it from being something i love)
Message 25 of 34 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Message 26 of 34 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Oct 19, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:
I gues this is jsut a difference in opinion. yes, i havent seen another game like Jak with the gun mechanics, but tht doesnt make it good in my eyes. i lie unique, but only when the unique thing is good. I would have liked a straffer way to play like in R+C. maybe thats why i loved Deadlocked soo much more? it just plays out soo much better. im sure id LOVE Jak + Daxter if it had an option to play like that. (and dont get me wrong, i do think Jak series is an excellent series, but these are the things that keep it from being something i love)

Btw R&C is older. Like I said iff you actually gave it time and played with it you'll understand. R&C was born as a shooter unlike Jak. Plus its what only 2guns outta 12 that you dont like because of the aiming...

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 34 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
when did i say only two guns? i do have favorite guns from Jak, but i dont recall mentioning only disliking aiming with certain guns..
Message 28 of 34 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Eh. I don't think it's such a big deal. Every character in here is a composite character. They're about representing the franchises as wholes. Mr. Bubbles is the most iconic...but using plasmids is one of the core elements of the games. Besides...it has been stated before that the characters don't get made without the utmost approval from the original developers. It had to go through the Bioshock guys before being completed...so...if it's good enough for them then it's good enough for me.

Photobucket
Message 29 of 34 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
:C its not for me though. realize im complanng soo much because i CARE abotu these characters!

-sheesh, i sound like a clingy girlfriend.-
Message 30 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes