Fender Bender
2913 posts

Re: Full gameplay analysis of Jak + Daxter, Big Daddy!

Oct 19, 2012

Finally played the gamestop demo today and Jak is all about zoning. I still need more time with Big Daddy to get better with him but he does have a "brick wall" effect.

Message 11 of 34 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 19, 2012

the way the tried to cover for the plasmids is saying that some big daddy's could use them from two. I remember them saying that at one point. its a lame excuse though. it was added in order to allow him to have a few more moves. im fine with that.

Message 12 of 34 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Message 13 of 34 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 19, 2012

I disagree with one thing and got an addition of my own.

1st. The HD Collections did age well. The cutscenes can be compared to PS3 games cutscenes. The HD collection even has better cutscenes then some PS3 games. Also unlike most collections this collection actually lives up to HD. Every single part of the game is full screen HD. Some collections like R&C dont have all full screen HD.

2. I dont know how you went from Jak II to Jak X by skipping Jak 3. Jak 3 was the best Jak game out of the series and was the ultimate Jak game. You seriously missing out by not have played Jak 3. Jak 3 fixed and took everything Jak II had and literally made it 5x better! Also Jak 3 took many elements from Jak TPl which also made Jak TPL fans like it more.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 34 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
yes, his rage is iconice, the way the screen blurs and all that! see, thats why if eel it should be his lvl 3. its the most iconic thing about him! when he gets **bleep** (the bouncers atleast) and he stars charging, thats the biggest threat to the player. not summoning water. hell they could have atleast have a big backdrop of rapture or something.
Message 15 of 34 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
where did you hear/see the tapes from andrew ryan? and yes it is wrong.if your going to include a guest character liek that, atleast do it right. and have you not played B2? Subject Delta was different from a regular big daddy.
Message 16 of 34 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
i missed Jak 3 because i was more into other games. i played the life out of battlefront 2 online, mortal kombat armageddon, and a few other titles. thats another reason i got the collection, was to finally play 3. its good, yes, but the whole aiming system is terrible. it doesnt exist, mainly. when it comes to enemies who shoot, that gets to be annoying, fast.
Message 17 of 34 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:
i missed Jak 3 because i was more into other games. i played the life out of battlefront 2 online, mortal kombat armageddon, and a few other titles. thats another reason i got the collection, was to finally play 3. its good, yes, but the whole aiming system is terrible. it doesnt exist, mainly. when it comes to enemies who shoot, that gets to be annoying, fast.

The aiming isnt terrible. Its what madde the game unique plus the fact that it was a PS2 game -_-. The aiming is good once you actually go to the gun course and train there...

My accuracy is most of the time 96%

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 34 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 19, 2012
the gun course is a mini game, not a training thing xD. Its just a bad aiming mechanic, plain and simple. I like the new gun mods and all that, but eh..just wasnt into the aiming. maybe its because ive been spoiled with modern day games, im sure Jak 3 was amazing back on the PS2 when it launched!
Message 19 of 34 (31 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I thought Daddy DID use plasmids in Bioshock 2?
Message 20 of 34 (30 Views)
0 Likes