Oct 28 2012
By: Revenger-cm Uncharted Territory 1490 posts

From 15+ moves made and we use 2 or 3.

[ Edited ]
20 replies 434 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

I am starting ti think why the circle attacks were made when nobody uses them. I recently watched the clockwork vs Nariko videos and it looks like they were using the same 4-5 moves all over again. ( when Omar Kendall  got his lvl 3 with that HUGE combo i knew i had no chance fighting him) Maybe we are just noobs (everybody on the beta) and we only use somes. I'm going to be hones with all the characters and what moves i always used.

Kratos: chain grab, triangle left or right (also in mid air), hammer, triangle up (mid air),  square up (mid air). I never use square down, the wings or the helios head... never.

Sweet Tooth: sometiems the stop (square down) shotgun left or right and shotgun down and square left or right... everything else seems useless.

Radec: square left or right, triangle up, ofcourse the sniper, square down... everything else again seems useless.

I just want to know when we all get better at combos that those moves are going to be use because right now they seem pretty bad. I tried to do combos but it's pretty hard since everyone wants to grapple, sniped or shotgun you so maybe when the game comes i will practice with AI on easy. Kratos is getting tweaked, doesn't say if it's nerf or buff but oh well. Guess Sly stealth going to stay when lvl 3 happen but oh well, hoping i don't vs them in online.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 1 of 21 (434 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: From 15+ moves made and we use 2 or 3.

Oct 28, 2012

Honestly its still too early to tell.

Wait for the release to get a conclusion.

Message 2 of 21 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

That's what i'm saying. Hope the game doesn't  ends up with everyone using 2-3 moves.

Message 3 of 21 (395 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:

I am starting ti think why the circle attacks were made when nobody uses them.

Sweet Tooth: sometiems the stop (square down) shotgun left or right and shotgun down and square left or right... everything else seems useless.

What's wrong with Sweet Tooth's Circle attacks? I tend to use Circle + Down & Circle + Side. The mine attack when they run into it + a dash attack for a combo & the fiery molotov for ranged attacks. Weren't really useless.

And his Square attacks are great. Sure.... his dash attack (Square + Side) does well. However, I tend to also go for his basic Square attacks with Neutral, Air Aerial, and Ground Down + Square. Such as with a combo of Down + Square & Square x2. They never were useless..... even after a win streak, it wasn't that useless to use those.

You did mention the best ones, though that doesn't mean the others I mention are useless, they're great.

However, you did mention Radec & Kratos & you are correct on them. Not only that, they received the most complaints. Sweet Tooth hasn't (such as that Thread where they want a buff).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 4 of 21 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Sweet Tooth is VERY good when Kratos is teaming up with you in 2v2.
Message 5 of 21 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

I don't know about everyone else, but I try to use as many different moves as possible. I use Radec's melee moves and melee aerials just as much as his projectiles. Radec has underrated melee moves. What people don't realize is that Radec has no useless moves. N.Triangle, D.Circle, N.Circle, D.Triangle, etc...too good

I don't usually play Kratos but when the game decides to randomly give him to me even when I pick a different character. I don't even use F.Square that much, but I will use his projectile parry against spamming Radecs which most Kratos players don't even seem be aware that he has that.

With Parappa, my AP generating combos range from 75 to 155 (160 AP if you count his "glitch combo" as I like to call it, I've landed the glitch combo online once...not easy).

Highest combo I have with Fat Princess is a 65 AP combo...I don't think she is much of a combo-centric character though. I use many of her moves too...

Sweet Tooth's combos are too slow to use in a FFA setting so I focus on his knockdown game, grab game, and stage control options instead.

Message 6 of 21 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Oct 28, 2012

The O attacks are pretty effective for Sweet Tooth. Down O, to be exact.

Message 7 of 21 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

The game is still not out yet; down the line we'll see some great stuff. That's why new stuff in stuff like UMVC3 are still being found to this day. Besides, Sly and Kratos parry is on their O and that's really all you need for Sly.

Message 8 of 21 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Dont expect people to use the full moveset. Thats a lot of moves and combos to remember, plus, a lot of us don't like everyones full moveset. Ex: In my opinion, most of Sweet Tooths circle attacks are useless...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 9 of 21 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 28, 2012
for the record the peoplewho only use 3 moves suck.
Message 10 of 21 (293 Views)
0 Likes