Mar 17 2013
By: Tmxelmo Lombax Warrior 207 posts

Free 2 Play Sony Santa Monica

6 replies 335 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

Seeing another thread about this a second ago I would actually love to see what SSM would say about this we together as a community can expand this player base if this game were to be F2P with character purchases.

Example Download Allstars if you don't own the game you start with 2 characters that rotate every 2 weeks each original character can be like 1.99$ and DLC will still stay at 5$ each with skins costumes maps and minions.

I don't see why they cannot make this free 2 play and see a massive spike in players.

Comments?

+1 for agree

-1 for disagree

Learn to fight
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html
Message 1 of 7 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Re: Free 2 Play Sony Santa Monica

Mar 17, 2013
Demo? Sure.

Free to play with purchasable content? No sir.

The online isn't good enough to advertise it as a "free to play"

Add some spectator modes, ranks that people can actually take seriously (I shouldn't lose a ranked match if I get my level 3 in the last ten seconds and Hydra hits me, bringing me back to 2 1/2... I personally think that's bullocks) and just cuz I wanna see it, more appealing alternate colors.
Message 2 of 7 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Tmxelmo wrote:

Seeing another thread about this a second ago I would actually love to see what SSM would say about this we together as a community can expand this player base if this game were to be F2P with character purchases.

Example Download Allstars if you don't own the game you start with 2 characters that rotate every 2 weeks each original character can be like 1.99$ and DLC will still stay at 5$ each with skins costumes maps and minions.

I don't see why they cannot make this free 2 play and see a massive spike in players.

Comments?

+1 for agree

-1 for disagree

Are you bleeping kidding? Did you just say we should pay for characters we already have? This is a bleeping horrible idea, 5$ per DLC character is already a bleep idea, what the bleep is the point of this?

Message 3 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Mar 18, 2013

No point in doing this for many reasons.

- New players won't care as they will play the 2 free characters then forget about the game.

- Sony can charge for the game at a normal price and add DLC later so why would they do this?

- It's a horrible idea.

The only thing I could see happening is having the game free to plus members. That's about it. Pay to win games are horrible and if this game ever became that I'd not bother with it period.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 7 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 18, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

- New players won't care as they will play the 2 free characters then forget about the game.

- Sony can charge for the game at a normal price and add DLC later so why would they do this?

- It's a horrible idea.

The only thing I could see happening is having the game free to plus members. That's about it. Pay to win games are horrible and if this game ever became that I'd not bother with it period.

Now this makes sense.

Message 5 of 7 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Mar 18, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

- It's a horrible idea.

the only reason im responding to this is because i belive you are just plain stupid obviously you didnt read at all

Learn to fight
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html
Message 6 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Tmxelmo wrote:

wwinterj wrote:

- It's a horrible idea.

the only reason im responding to this is because i belive you are just plain stupid obviously you didnt read at all

What makes you think that? If this happened with this game it would become a pay to win game in a sequel. That's when I would not bother with it period is what I was getting at so no I don't want this to happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7 (102 Views)
0 Likes