Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Found something!!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Cloud spent the entirety of FF7 pretendting he was someone he wasn't and when all his friends found out he was a fraud spent the rest of the game crying No about it up until the end when everybody told the dude to quit whining No and get with the program. Cloud is a **bleep**. A crybaby coward No who never believed in himself. Even Zack knew this and was always around schlepping him around his shoulders so that Cloud could balls up and be SOLDIER if he ever wanted to.

The character's saving grace was the **bleep** he went through with Zack to strengthen himself as a character and frankly, the **bleep** deserved to get shot on that cliff. But he didn't even learn his lesson and took it the wrong way and became more of a **bleep** by hiding behind a persona that he pretended he was. He wasn't hiding, his memories were spliced with Zack's during Hojo's experimentation.

Although the twists and turns were unique and heartwrenching at the time, the game's plot didn't offer me characters I cared enough about except Aeris. And she died too soon Halfway through the game? for me to care about the rest of them to think the back and forth between cloud and sephiroth were worthwhile enough for me to feel invested. Squall is a better character than Cloud Wrong. and at least has more layers and demensions as his story develops. Cloud's character development was given the same storytelling treatment, but instead deteriorated what respect I had for him.

I did remember whooping when Tifa went and got Cloud out the trance, but that was because of Aeris and how I wish this loser would supercede this **bleep** whinyboy emo Advent Children crap.

Characters that really held to my heart were the cast of FFIX. 9 had a whole roster of relatable characters that had real problems. Though it was a generic story with a generic premise, and overused artisticly creative assetts, the characters were so fleshed out well to the point that I felt connected with Quina's insstiable hunger. And it was great and awesome and funny how her job in the game was a 'chef.' And the Knight was in fact the summoner's protecter, and the theif stole her heart. Final Fantasy 9 was one of the better RPGs in this franchise.

But I recognise how 7 is important to most. And that's the must play one I have to mention.

Not sure what game you were playing, because you seemed to be getting VII confused with VIII. The only time tears were shed from Cloud's face were during a particular death scene, that you didn't hesitate to spoil.

He didn't spend his time crying, he spent his time discovering who he was, and developing as a leader. This leadership role he adopted was something he was forced into, not by anyone particular, but by the mental status of his team.
And his team isn't getting much help from the narrative's brilliant use of juxtaposition. (Such as when you first get a chocobo and almost immediately find the monster you got it to escape from, impaled on a tree.)

6, 7, 9 are among the strongest RPGs and have some of the best characterization seen in gaming, no doubt. Just don't think you get points for foul language and saying a character's emo over and over. 

Oh, and buddy. You might want to see Spoony's reviews of FF8 and 10... they've helped me... a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 31 of 47 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

He has problems because he makes a point?

Noc, you're just diggin' deeper and deeper...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 32 of 47 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Nono. No spoony reviews. I played those games too, and Squal turned into the leader who waz forced into position. Cloud was dragged along and Advent children was good, but not quite canon to my gripes against the guy.

As for the curse words. They're actusl names that apply to the character and his disposition synonymous with lifetime movie characters.

Panys **bleep**, whiny girly boy **bleep** **bleep**.

this is me helping
Message 33 of 47 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Nono. No spoony reviews. It's going to happen sooner or later... I played those games too, and Squal turned into the leader who waz forced into position. Cloud was dragged along and Advent children was good, Any and all respect I could have for you is gone. but not quite canon to my gripes against the guy.

Farewell, my good chum.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 34 of 47 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
You ask me to address advent children thrice, I disregard it twice then acknoledge it on the third attempt, and that is your response?

I will fully address that one if you will. Advent Children was good. As far as Final Fantasy canon is invlolved with characters I grew up with and a franchise that was not given justice with Spirits Within, advent children represented what was exciting about FF with all it's essence. Does that make it a good movie, or appropriately representative of what should have happened after the hero wins? Probably not, but it was always trife for me.

this is me helping
Message 35 of 47 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Omega_Hiryu0 wrote:

Think about it, only hardcore PS fans know who Cloud Strife is.

RPG fans you mean. Not everyone is into RPG nor any genre. Of course, there are millions who are into RPG. But hardcore PS fans? Not everyone. I actually knew Cloud Strife from a Robot Chicken short. My games consisted of no RPG on the Playstation systems.

So you must of meant, only hardcore RPG fans know who Cloud Strife is. Which is the popular FF game they played & the other appearances he made. Cause overall, he doesn't make a lot of appearances & his known appearance is his debut.

However, what you found can give you a dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 36 of 47 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2322 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012
Here we go again.
Look, whether or not you like Cloud doesn't matter here, both him and his game are very iconic and are important to PlayStation and no amount of ranting of him being a crybaby or stuff like that is going to change that fact. Please do everyone a favor and get over it, everyone's sick of these type of subjects and if you want to continue arguing then do it through PMs.
(I'm not talking to anyone specific, just in general)

Message 37 of 47 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

He has problems because he makes a point?

Noc, you're just diggin' deeper and deeper...

Message 38 of 47 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Wait...FF VIII isn't regarded as one of the best Final Fantasy games (along with the usual suspects i.e. FF VII) ? It's my personal favourite.

Squall for All Stars.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 39 of 47 (39 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Redlegend, I can agree on that. He is final fantasy canon. And his importance to gaming is nothing trivial. I have long known my gripes with the way he was written was something personal, and I couldn't object his inclusion in the game. Even casual RPG players know who Cloud Strife is if they've ever gamed at that time. And my nephew will learn of him when his maturity and logic gets to where I'll feel comfortable with him playing older games.

All that aside, I feel Vivi would be better all around for PSAS

this is me helping
Message 40 of 47 (34 Views)
0 Likes