Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Found something!!!

Dec 26, 2012

Omega_Hiryu0 wrote:

Or maybe its a hint of some sort? Think about it, only hardcore PS fans know who Cloud Strife is. About 88% of the people who watch that video won't ever notice what that PSN ID could mean.

I'm a hardcore ps fan and I didn't bother watching for clues in the usernames used. And it's not only PS hardcore fans that played FFVII. It's the best FF game(unofficial), so it's pretty safe to say more than hardcore know him.

That's a nice percentage number as well :smileytongue:

Message 21 of 47 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Everyone knows who Cloud is, he's one of the most over done characters of all time next to Mario.

no one even comes close to mario except for mickey mouse

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 47 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Everyone knows who Cloud is, he's one of the most over done characters of all time next to Mario.

That's completely wrong, Noc. He only has one primary game, so how can he be overdone? I might understand if you said he was too popular, and that some of the attention should be thrown elsewhere. But that wouldn't be the time and place to use the word "overdone".

Wait a minute, you have Ada Wong in your signature and avatar, why am I listening to you? You never listen to me! *Slams door and dashes out of room*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 23 of 47 (107 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
a. Cloud Sucks. He's a whiny **bleep**.
b. FF7 is NOT the best game, nor does it have the best characters, and its plot is a little flat, with the best character with the best story isn't even in the game and given 3 lines and a whole game 'in his honor.'
c. Sephiroth is a better character than Cloud.

All that aside I DO AGREE that the importance and staple of Final Fantasy 7 is canon. Please buy PS1 classics from the PS store as some of these games are MANDATORY if you expect to call yourself 'hardcore.' Here is a list of my top 10 mandatory games of all time (in no order)

MGS1
Zelda: Ocarina of time
Pacman
Sonic 3
SMB1 (or 3. it's interchangable)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Mario Galaxy
FF7
And Mass Effect

this is me helping
Message 24 of 47 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Sorry was rushed. Add Shadow of the Colossus to that list.

this is me helping
Message 25 of 47 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
a. Cloud Sucks. He's a whiny **bleep**. Wrong, unless you're talking about Advent Children.
b. FF7 is NOT the best game, nor does it have the best characters, and its plot is a little flat, with the best character with the best story isn't even in the game and given 3 lines and a whole game 'in his honor.' You might want to rewrite this.
c. Sephiroth is a better character than Cloud. He became a cartoon villain after discovering his purpose, which happened prior to the game's opening.

I disagree with most everything here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 26 of 47 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

That's completely wrong, Noc. He only has one primary game, so how can he be overdone? I might understand if you said he was too popular, and that some of the attention should be thrown elsewhere. But that wouldn't be the time and place to use the word "overdone".

Wait a minute, you have Ada Wong in your signature and avatar, why am I listening to you? You never listen to me! *Slams door and dashes out of room*

ARIN!!!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Message 27 of 47 (76 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Cloud spent the entirety of FF7 pretendting he was someone he wasn't and when all his friends found out he was a fraud spent the rest of the game crying about it up until the end when everybody told the dude to quit whining and get with the program. Cloud is a **bleep**. A crybaby coward who never believed in himself. Even Zack knew this and was always around schlepping him around his shoulders so that Cloud could balls up and be SOLDIER if he ever wanted to.

The character's saving grace was the **bleep** he went through with Zack to strengthen himself as a character and frankly, the **bleep** deserved to get shot on that cliff. But he didn't even learn his lesson and took it the wrong way and became more of a **bleep** by hiding behind a persona that he pretended he was.

Although the twists and turns were unique and heartwrenching at the time, the game's plot didn't offer me characters I cared enough about except Aeris. And she died too soon for me to care about the rest of them to think the back and forth between cloud and sephiroth were worthwhile enough for me to feel invested. Squall is a better character than Cloud and at least has more layers and demensions as his story develops. Cloud's character development was given the same storytelling treatment, but instead deteriorated what respect I had for him.

I did remember whooping when Tifa went and got Cloud out the trance, but that was because of Aeris and how I wish this loser would supercede this **bleep** whinyboy emo crap.

Characters that really held to my heart were the cast of FFIX. 9 had a whole roster of relatable characters that had real problems. Though it was a generic story with a generic premise, and overused artisticly creative assetts, the characters were so fleshed out well to the point that I felt connected with Quina's insstiable hunger. And it was great and awesome and funny how her job in the game was a 'chef.' And the Knight was in fact the summoner's protecter, and the theif stole her heart. Final Fantasy 9 was one of the better RPGs in this franchise.

But I recognise how 7 is important to most. And that's the must play one I have to mention.

this is me helping
Message 28 of 47 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 26, 2012
You have problems
Message 29 of 47 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 26, 2012

He has problems because he makes a point?

Message 30 of 47 (51 Views)
0 Likes