Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: stelmoslight Sackboy 517 posts

For those who would like an Oddworld representative...

[ Edited ]
12 replies 198 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

I know that Abe would be the first choice for everyone, but the truth is that he isn't exactly the most combat oriented character in the series.  I was thinking instead, bare with me, of using Stranger.  Here is a previous post I made outlining why Stranger would work and what his general style would be like:

"

While this might be going out on a limb, I think Stranger would be a perfect Oddworld representative. I understand that his game was at one time an Xbox exclusive, but it was later only released as an HD remake for the PS3, so there is some reasoning behind why he could work. He also has something in spades that Abe maybe doesn't: combat experience. Stranger is no stranger (pun intended) to combat and his living weapons would make for a really unique mid-range character. Not to mention that he could have a ground dash (his all fours run) into a headbutt to get in close for some melee action. While he might not be an obvious choice to represent Oddworld, I think that he would be perfect from a pure gameplay standpoint. I mean, he has all sorts of critters to use for traps, stuns, knockbacks, etc. Hell, he could use a Chippunk for his taunt. Maybe for his lvl 1 super, he could fire off a Boombat that would explode when it hits an enemy, with some splash damage like Drake's. Perheps make it aimable. *SPOILER ALERT* For a lvl 2, he could turn into his Steef form and charge around the stage ramming into enemys for kills. *SPOILER END* Then I think a fitting lvl 3 would be a cinematic one where he captures all of the other players in his vacuum and it shows him spinning around, his traditional spitting, and then a brief picture of his enemies all behind bars. Tell me your thoughts!

I was also thinking that a possible alternative to the lvl 3 I posted was that maybe a cinematic of an army of Grubbs would charge the other players and massacre them, giving three kills. I kind of like the jailng idea better but I thought I should include the Grubbs in some way because they are hilarious.                                                                                                                           "

Tell me your thoughts!  

Message 1 of 13 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: For those who would like an Oddworld representative...

Nov 14, 2012

Personally, I like Stranger much better than the others. But then again, I haven't played much Oddworld.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

Personally, I like Stranger much better than the others. But then again, I haven't played much Oddworld.

To be honest, Stranger's wrath was the only Oddworld game I played fully (I got it on PSN).  I thought it was such an awesome game and that Stranger was a very neat character.  And what's really awesome is that Oddworld Inhabitants would LOVE to have one of their characters in All-Stars and I think that Stranger would fit the bill perfectly.  It would appease those who think that the cast has too many human characters, it MIGHT appease those who want an Oddworld rep ( I will probably get hell for saying that), and it will add a very unique character to the roster. 

Message 3 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Anyone else? I would LOVE to get the word out for Stranger.

Message 4 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Although I'm not a big fan of Stranger I think he would make a better character. Maybe even incorporate Abe by putting him in a level where he creates havoc by trying to help his fellow Mudokons in the background.

It is nice to start seeing some more Oddworld love. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 13 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 14, 2012

WhiteHawk13 wrote:

Although I'm not a big fan of Stranger I think he would make a better character. Maybe even incorporate Abe by putting him in a level where he creates havoc by trying to help his fellow Mudokons in the background.

It is nice to start seeing some more Oddworld love. :smileyhappy:

To me, Stranger just seems to fit this kind of game better than Abe, even though it was Abe who "popularized" Oddworld. 

Message 6 of 13 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Abe has the history with the PS brand and if done correctly could have a cool moveset. But in terms of straight translation from their original game to PSASBR Stranger is a much better fit. I like the look of Abe more tho so Im gonna stick with him.
Message 7 of 13 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 14, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Abe has the history with the PS brand and if done correctly could have a cool moveset. But in terms of straight translation from their original game to PSASBR Stranger is a much better fit. I like the look of Abe more tho so Im gonna stick with him.

Yeah, that's the one thing many people wouldn't be able to get past.  Abe has had a longer history with PS while Stranger, unitl lately, was associated with Xbox.  So most likely they would go with Abe if they do anyone from Oddworld.

Message 8 of 13 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I was also thinking that maybe Stranger's supers could actually include Munch and Abe.  Like for an alternate lvl 1, Abe could pop out holding Munch and could throw him in a shallow arc, killing anyone who Munch hits.  His lvl 2 could stay the same.  for his lvl 3, maybe (also a cinematic) Abe could come in and order an army of Mudokons to charge the enemy, beating the crap out of every other player, giving three kills.  This way, all of Oddworld would be represented and not just Stranger. 

Message 9 of 13 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

Quote of stelmoslight: ''I know that Abe would be the first choice for everyone, but the truth is that he isn't exactly the most combat oriented character in the series''

I give you a free life changing tip for your lack of imagination... Watch Spongebob's:

Season 3, Episode 4: Idiot Box

episode and you can make a new thread on how awesome Abe would be for this game... Your welcome.. :smileywink:

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 10 of 13 (91 Views)