Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2012
By: achus93again Fender Bender 3716 posts

For those who are enthusiastic about this game...

11 replies 224 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

hey guys, how ya doin tonight? (it's 10pm where i am right now)

so, a simple question, probably ask already,

but i'm gonna make a mini essay about it,

so here it goes...

What were your genuine first reactions when you heard about the game?

for me, the first time i heard about this was when i was reading the articles on gamesradar,

and i saw one that said "Sony making their own version of SSB" or something like that,

and i was like, "huh, really?" so i checked it out, and it had that awful leaked picture of sweet tooth (i'm pretty sure you guys know which one)

as i read it, at that moment, i thought, "wow, if its true i might buy it",

and then a couple of months later,

it's officially announced,

not that much detail, other than the roster,

but all i kept thinking was, "wow, it's for real? i'm definately gnna buy this!"

you see guys, for me, whether this game would've turned out to be a direct clone/rip-off,

i would still buy the game, i was dead set since then,

i didn't care, even from then i was sooooo excited about it,

regardless of what has happened, nothing is gonna dissuade me from buying this game,

even if it was panned, i'm still excited about getting this game....

so there's my little story,

now back to the question, but for you guys,

What were your genuine first reactions when you heard about the game?

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: For those who are enthusiastic about this game...

Oct 1, 2012

My actual first reaction was. Crash vs. Spyro! Heck YEAH! Oh, and Jak, and Cole, and Drake. Legit

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I was in class and saw an article on gamespot I think talking about its announcement and I did what my dad calls the happy dance in my seat and have been addicted to information o it ever since, I'm with you nothing would make me not get this game

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Also i decided then and there to get it

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 1, 2012
The game is going to be great. It's going to have so many different feels to it from game mode to game mode that it alone even without amazing online capabilities would have far more replay value than smash.

The game changes drastically when more players are involved than just 1v1 and with the addition of online compared to smash it will make for some awesome 2v2 matches with your friends online with good FFA as well.

The game has tons of potential no matter what crowd you're coming from. Whether you're casual gamer or a hardcore gamer (obviously the pros are still gonna beat the scrubs by a longshot) you're still going to have a blast with people on your level which lets be honest the general public isn't so amazing.

I WOULD SAY that the roster is even far beter than smashes. I am done with childish games of the past and have accepted the fact that I havent been too interested in the latest mario game in a while so once u get past all the clones and far too similar characters in Smash what you get are a few cool characters and then a buncha bad characters that only an idiot would use competitively

ALSO why I don't care whos in it... THEYRE THE PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME NOT YOU!!! Why? Cuz they know spyro and crash are things of the past!!!! they know if theyre gonna reach out to a younger generation they need cool flashy people and whatnot not some little kid dragon and the poorly animated crash bandicote... altho his smile is nice.

Gaming is a business and you can't have it all!!! But what you can have is a very well thought out game that has 20 UNIQUE characters, each with their own playstyle! (Hell the good and evil version of the SAME person play vastly different)

We'll see how competitive this game gets.... but to be honest I feel like most of the people on this forums are doing more bad for this games future than good by complaining in bringing down the community...... The forums being in complete dissaray lose more than lame spyro and dumb crash not being here
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
411 posts

Oct 1, 2012
never thought as ssb of sony
really
idint even known it was like brawler
just thought a sequel like mortal kombat in kratos
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I'll be honest, at firt I was all like, "**bleep** that. I already have Smash Bros.", but as more info was released, I got more and more excited until I was convinced that I would be getting it and need to pre-order immediately. I hope SuperBot doesn't let me down

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I was incredibly excited. I love anything cross over related I think it's just the coolest thing.

My friend groups loved Smash, but we always enjoyed our playstation stuff more. So we were all incredibly excited to hear about this. In all honesty we were sort of dreading the idea of having to buy a WiiU for our mascot brawler fix. I know we are all just incredibly excited and want the game right now. I mean these 20 chars are just awesome and we are excited to play as all of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Oct 1, 2012
I found out when people made gifs of the trailer before E3. I was on tumblr and I tracked the Sly Cooper tage and I suddenly saw it move. I checked it to see the gifs and I thought it was for Sly 4 but it was really for this game. The name under them was the name of the game and I was confused so I looked up the game's name tag and saw pictures of Parappa and everyone freaking out at how Parappa, Sly, and Fat Princess were in this kind of game. Then I actually looked it up to see when it would come out and takes me to homepage and this community forum. I found out here that there were still more characters to be revealed on E3 and it got me more excited because I was curious who they woule bring out and because I have always wanted to play a game like this with Sony characters.

This game is just near perfect in my eyes and I will buy it. When I saw Patapon in Hades stage I laughed and knew it's going to be a great buy.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I looked at the title and said

"But...the PS3 has no games"

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (123 Views)
0 Likes