Nov 29 2012
By: catosouth First Son 12 posts

For those of you with connection errors, here is a potential fix

9 replies 166 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

If you have not already done this consider setting a static IP for your PS3 within your router established router range. Then go into your router settings and set your PS3s IP address to be the DMZ host. 

I did this today and it resolved my issues, maybe it will help you with yours. Good Luck

Message 1 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: For those of you with connection errors, here is a potential fix

Nov 29, 2012

...wait what?

Message 2 of 10 (156 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 29, 2012
usually the only reason one would do this is to change your NAT type, well at least that's what I had to do when playing from college.

My nat type is 2, which is the best nat type and I'm still getting constant connection issues with this game.

My internet is not the best but every other game I've played online such as Uncharted, gotham city impostors, battlefield 3, call of duty modern warfare 2, blackops 2, halo 4, killzone 3...list goes on and on...of all of those I've played I've NEVER disconnected as much as I have this game. I'll disconnect very rarely (probably 1 out of 100 games or more)

It has to be an issue on their end.
Message 3 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
usually the only reason one would do this is to change your NAT type, well at least that's what I had to do when playing from college.

My nat type is 2, which is the best nat type and I'm still getting constant connection issues with this game.

My internet is not the best but every other game I've played online such as Uncharted, gotham city impostors, battlefield 3, call of duty modern warfare 2, blackops 2, halo 4, killzone 3...list goes on and on...of all of those I've played I've NEVER disconnected as much as I have this game. I'll disconnect very rarely (probably 1 out of 100 games or more)

It has to be an issue on their end.

Exact same thing here. Every other game works fine, but when I do a private match, if it isn't timed, I lag out after 3 minutes of playing. It says Matchmaking Servers are Unavailable.

Message 4 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Soon is almost... too late!
Message 5 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2012

For me, the issue pertained to bypassing my firewall. If you set you router to recognize your ps3s IP as a DMZ (it's under advanced settings/firewall) it bypasses all of that. It even increased my connection speed (there are 8 people in my house all connected to the net).

Here, I found an article that explains the steps, because I'm too lazy to explain it. http://bit.ly/St8Sv7 

I really hope this helps some of you.

Message 6 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2012

For the record, all the problems you are experiencing I had 1h ago. Since I've done this I haven't seen a single error. Just saying...

It may not be a guaranteed fix for everybody, but it may help some of you.

Message 7 of 10 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 29, 2012

catosouth wrote:

For the record, all the problems you are experiencing I had 1h ago. Since I've done this I haven't seen a single error. Just saying...

It may not be a guaranteed fix for everybody, but it may help some of you.

I think the main problem is that most people have no freakin clue what you said in the OP...  hahaha

Message 8 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Oh...mybad
Message 9 of 10 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2012

http://bit.ly/St8Sv7

Read ^

DMZ = demiliterized zone = no interference. When your PS3 tries to connect to other players your networks firewall ocassionally blocks it from doing so. 

In your router settings (to access your router setting, go into your browser and type in your routers IP address. They usually post it on the bottom of your router along with the user name and password) there is a option for "setting DMZ host". this is where you put in the IP address of your PS3.

On your ps3, go to manual set up, when you reach the screen with 4 IP addresses, set the first one to be an IP address within the range of your router. This will make your PS3s IP address "static" meaning the next time you log on to PS3 network your router it won't change your systems IP. The range can be found in the network settigns (I think). For me it's between 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.199. I made my PS3 192.168.0.165.

If you have any questions, I'll attempt to answer them.

Message 10 of 10 (107 Views)
0 Likes