Highlighted
Jul 20 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

For those of you who'd tried this game (at E3, or Comic Con, or wherever...)

[ Edited ]
5 replies 262 views Edited Jul 20, 2012

A few quesitons for you:

(NOTE: the decimal/fractional numbers have to do with its whole number, it's like a sub-question [ie: 1.5 is a sub-question of 1])

1) Which console did you play it on? Vita, Ps3, or both?

1.5) If you played on both consoles, did it feel different to you from one console to the other? How so? (Like, not control-wise, cause I know the controls are different - only slightly - on the systems, but like, if you played on both, did the Vita one feel uncomfortable/weird? I wanna get the Vita one)

1.7) Which console did you prefer?

2) Which character(s) did you use? 

3) Could you keep up with your own character? (LOL, fast paced action.)

4) The controls are unlike Smash Brothers - is that a good thing? Did the Controls play out nicely?

4.5) What did you think of the Circle, Triangle, and Square buttons? I know they're for light, medium, and heavy attacks. (Like, were they the same attacks, but stronger depending on which button you hit? Or does, say, the triangle button have a completely different attack than the circle and square buttons?

5) How did you like what you played? Was the gamplay fun? Rate it from 1-10

6) If you played against others who were playing on the alternative console, did you notice any glitches, slowdowns, etc? How well did the two consoles interact during gameplay?

7) Last question, promise Smiley Wink  Who was your favourite character? 

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 6 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Re: For those of you who'd tried this game (at E3, or Comic Con, or wherever...)

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

1.)  PS3

2.)  I used Big Daddy for the first match that I played and Toro for the second.

3.)  Since Big Daddy is .... well... BIG, it was easy to keep track of him.  Toro is kinda small compared to the other characters, but I didn't have too much trouble finding him; only when every player decided to go in one spot of the stage did I not know what I was doing.

4.)  I think that the controls were great, with my only problem being throwing with the right analog stick, but I'm sure I'll get used to it after playing a bit.

5.)  EDIT: 10/10;  I thought the matches I played were overall great.  I killed everyone as Big Daddy with 14 points in the end, but was mutilated by the other players as Toro with 4.

6.)  Two were playing on the PSVita on my second match (Went to a different screen), but I didn't see any problems while we were all playing.

7.)  I liked Toro even though I lost with him.  His three stances offer different attacks and since he borrows them from fighting game characters I found it sort of like a comedic parody of them.  I can see him being one of my favorites when I get the game.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 2 of 6 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Re: For those of you who'd tried this game (at E3, or Comic Con, or wherever...)

Jul 20, 2012
Hey, can you yell me which video game characters he parodies? I would appreciate it very much. Smiley Happy
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 3 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Jul 20, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Hey, can you yell me which video game characters he parodies? I would appreciate it very much. Smiley Happy

Yeah.

He has his justice stance which uses a lot of the Tekken character's moves ( I don't play Tekken so I can't tell you exactly who),  his ninja stance borrows from the Mortal Kombat kharacters. (Ex: Noob's teleport, Sub-Zero's slide, Scorpions chain pull, Liu Kang's bicycle kick, etc)  For his Oni stance he uses Street Fighter character's moves. (Ex: Toro uses mochi hadoken) (Again, I don't play street fighter very much so that's all I got)

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 4 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks dude (or girl), I love the info!
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 5 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
930 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

A few quesitons for you:

(NOTE: the decimal/fractional numbers have to do with its whole number, it's like a sub-question [ie: 1.5 is a sub-question of 1])

1) Which console did you play it on? Vita, Ps3, or both?

1.5) If you played on both consoles, did it feel different to you from one console to the other? How so? (Like, not control-wise, cause I know the controls are different - only slightly - on the systems, but like, if you played on both, did the Vita one feel uncomfortable/weird? I wanna get the Vita one)

1.7) Which console did you prefer?

2) Which character(s) did you use? 

3) Could you keep up with your own character? (LOL, fast paced action.)

4) The controls are unlike Smash Brothers - is that a good thing? Did the Controls play out nicely?

4.5) What did you think of the Circle, Triangle, and Square buttons? I know they're for light, medium, and heavy attacks. (Like, were the the same attacks, but stronger depending on which button you hit? Or is, say, the triangle (normal or + directional) different than the circle and square buttons?

5) How did you like what you played? Was the gamplay fun? Rate it from 1-10

6) If you played against others who were playing on the alternative console, did you notice any glitches, slowdowns, etc? How well did the two consoles interact during gameplay?

7) Last question, promise Smiley Wink  Who was your favourite character? 

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy 

my cousin was at evo so i asked him all these questions
1: PS3
2. He used Sly and Toro (he played 4 times though)
3: He said he could at most stages but it was harder on Sandover VIliage.
4: He said the contols were fine. Nothing to mindblowing but very good. 
5: He said a 10. He had a blast and when the game was over he instantly felt pretty **bleep** sad.
6: In his 3rd game he said a guy on the vita acually won agaist us on a PS3 with using PaRappa.
7: His favorite was Sly. He won a game with 8 kills. He loved Toro and he won with him with about 7 kills. He lost the other two games to Kratos and a PaRappa.
So thats all he said. HE also talked with Omar and said he was extremely nice and knew a lot about playstation. He even asked about Crash and omar said  of course "No Comment! "
hope thats all you needed. My cousin, Jeff, was at EVO for fun since he lives pretty close to where it was being held. 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (148 Views)