Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: For all you xbox peeps

Nov 10, 2012
I don't agree with the comment that Nintendo is rehashing the same game, I do think that they should be a little more innovative with the Super Mario Brothers series though, there was a good IGN article on it. Keep in mind, this doesn't mean Mario games in general, there are many different games including the Paper Mario series on the 3DS which I absolutly love.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 42 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 10, 2012
That's just how I see it, I miss the way Mario 1 through Mario World evolved.

Mario 1 being the starting point, simple controls, simple power ups, and still presents some kind of challenge.

I'll admit Lost Levels is pretty much the same case as New Super Mario Bros. but we got a skyrocket in difficulty by a long shot, not saying it's better as a result I'm just acknowledging this but it does introduce a few new mechanics like the levels where you have to use the wind to help your platforming or the idea of playing as Luigi gives you more traction and a higher jumping ability which of course was later brought to the more modern games in the series like 3D Land.

Mario 2 USA tries something entirely new, instead of jumping on enemies you threw them at other enemies or picking up plants from the ground, overall the mechanic of picking things up which would later be the main gameplay mechanic for games such as Donkey Kong for the Gameboy and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

Mario 3 introduces new power ups, a map system, more power ups than just the mushroom and fire flower, we got mini game houses that gave us extra lives for rewards, all kinds of secrets that give you items like the P wing and warp whistle, hammer bros. fights, flying fortress levels, ect. Mario 3 introduces so many things that were brought back later in the series.

Mario World while it removes the power ups introduced in Mario 3 we do get one new power up, we get the first appearence of Yoshi , we have switch blocks that may or may not make things easier for you deoending on whether or not you're willing to look for the alternate paths, and that's another one, alternate path ways, you have more than one way to clear a stage whether it's to go to a switch palace or to get yourself to a short cut, the control is improved, the way the map works is better and it's less busy than Mario 3 and again so many things that come back in later games.

While I'm not liking what New Super Mario Bros. is currently doing I do like all of the power up concepts, I like the idea of the penguin suit, the mini mushroom, golden Mario, ect. but while the level design isn't exactly bad each game becomes easier and easier so the challenge of the series is slowly dying and the level design is slowly becoming uninspired but I do like some ideas but I think the original New Super Mario Bros. was the best one by far, yeah it's nowhere near as hard as some of the older games but it's at least the difficulty of Mario 1 which is fine but I think the ideas used in the other games could be used to make more challenging levels, I like the idea of the anti-gravity water balls in the Wii game, I like the idea of a coin block that attaches itself to Mario's head and gives him coins as he moves, I don't hate these games I just think they could be better but that's just my view on the matter, I respect anyone's opinion if you love them then more power to you.
Message 32 of 42 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Ugh you just sparked a fanboy war. As a owner of all 3 consoles I do not like to pick sides. All I am going to say is lets not start more arguments over opinions please.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 33 of 42 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 10, 2012
The 360 doesn't have enough characters for a game like this. They'd have to pull some really, really stupid characters together to form something like this.
Message 34 of 42 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 10, 2012
master chief, the gears dude, someone fable person, minecraft steve, a car from forza,and a bunch of indie game characters
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 35 of 42 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Wait so you dont follow this game but you're saying that its a rehash of the same thing, just cause its a R&C game? Im not hating on Nintendo here, but you cant put R&C releases in the same category as Mario when it comes to rehashes, they're not even close in terms of that. Call of duty is the only other series that I can think of right now that does the same recycling of assets year after year. Of course Ratchet and Clank isnt really built from the ground up every time, but they're never really selling you what could essentially be sold as an expansion pack of the previous game.

Message 36 of 42 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 10, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
master chief, the gears dude, someone fable person, minecraft steve, a car from forza,and a bunch of indie game characters

The minecraft dude would be ultra lame.  It'd be impossible to do a car from forza otherwise I'm sure GT would have a car in PSASBR.  

But every other character on the game would be ultra lame and even more unrecognizable than what's on PSASBR... plus everyone would just be gears/halo characters.  bunch of cartoon characters vs "badasses" (or at least what they consider badass)

Message 37 of 42 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 10, 2012

littlejcr wrote:
Ugh you just sparked a fanboy war. As a owner of all 3 consoles I do not like to pick sides. All I am going to say is lets not start more arguments over opinions please.

i only own one console and i don't even like to pick sides,

my reasoning is that, since i don't know much about the other consoles, and that i don't give a **bleep**,

i have no right to **bleep** about the other consoles, and in no way am i gonna say that the ps3 is better since all i have is the ps3...

Play For Fun!
Message 38 of 42 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Look at the reviews for Halo 4, then lets compare the reviews to Allstars when it comes out. Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 42 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Makes sense....*whispers* sarcaaaaasmmmmmmm.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 40 of 42 (49 Views)
0 Likes