Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Mmmkay. This game is... okay. As much as I love Lightning (And I mean that in the I wanna **bleep** her way and the as a character way) her adventures just need to end. Please Square Enix,  just work on FFVSXIII and KH3.... I would much prefer those games to be made. But as usual, I will be buying this for 2 reasons. Because its Square Enix, and because its FF.


Ignorance at its finest. You do realize that different development teams are working on the different games right? Also, the development team that worked on Kingdom Hearts is the same one thats doing Final Fantasy VS XIII. And won't start Kingdom Hearts 3 until they finish VS XIII.


I do remember reading something like that. But anyway, I still am a bit mad about how Square releases a new FF game every year but can't release a main series KH game in years. Thats how things are I guess.  Thank you sir, for correcting my ignorant post Smiley Embarassed 

 


I'm just upset when people can't let things go. Why is it that when a game/film has a good, resolute ending, people still feel the need to beg for sequels? (See: Red Dead Redemption)

Did KH2 have a bad ending? No. Did any FF game before X? No.
Did inFamous 2 have a great ending and another intentionally not-so-great ending? Yes, the developers wanted to attach a positive message and put a fitting end to Cole's journey.

Too often in recent memory, people yearn for trilogies. Nolan didn't even want to make Dark Knight Rises until the studio pushed him into it. Gears of War 2 ends with humanity gaining a huge advantage over its opposition, but then in the sequel they're back to square one... because money.

"Never say goodbye." If you don’t say 'goodbye,' then you aren't really gone. You.. just aren't here right now." - Carolina (RvB)


Not a GoW (Not God of War) fan, but interesting. Dark Knight Rises was beyond good and inFamous doesn't really need a sequel, tbh. But KH only is gonna be a trilogy because Square heavily hinted at it with all the hidden endings and such. I can accept some series' ending, but some just are too good to end. Some need to end and some need to be revived. That is just how it is Smiley Indifferent


I didn't say anything about God of War. Although, that technically could of ended with the second one if the writers didn't feel like elongating the story. And I thought Rises was good, held back only by some weird pacing issues.

Now, I almost wholly disagree with this. All good things should come to an end, and why not stop at the peak? Ratchet and Clank: ACiT had a great final act, and capped off the series quite well. If things were over and done right then and there, I'd be more content with the series as a whole. But they keep on miking the cow, and the cow isn't as young and efficient as she used to be.

Let me ask you somethin'... do you want Kingdom Hearts: All 4 One? Or Kingdom Hearts: Forever?
Or do you want to be able to tell people why you love and recommend the games long after the series has met its resolution?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 21 of 36 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

IGNORE THIS RE-POST!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 22 of 36 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Didn't it directly lead into that second DS game, though? Why does it have to be a direct console-based sequel?


The 3DS game leads into the third one, like how chain of memories tie in KH1 and KH2. I think the reason everyone wanted it to be console based one is because the best ones were on the console and all the side game were on handheld. The only one that is arguably not a side game was the 3DS one.


What? Birth By Sleep was superb. Might as well of just called it KH0. I really hope they stop with these stupid subtitles, though. They're always so ambiguous and insignificant.

Also, I was talking about the DS game: KH Coded, or something along those lines. That's where Sora went after he got the letter, right?


Oh that game. That was just a random obscure KH game that came out on mobile phones at first. Yes Birth by Sleep was amazing, probably my second favorite, but that was a 10 year prequel. I guess you wouldn't count it as a side game though.


None of these games are side games though (Except maybe 358/2 days, but it really does clear a lot of things up). Coded is what happens after Kingdom Hears 2 and before Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep is A prequel that begins to show its significance in Dream Drop Distance. And Dream Drop Distance is the game that directly takes place Before Kingdom Hearts 3.


Well I already know this, its just... Coded felt so pointless you know.


I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.


Coded was pointless for the most part. How is DDD? I'm too lazy to watch a full walkthrough and don't own a 3DS. On an importance scale, how high is it? Would you say it is somewhat relevant to the overall storyline?

Message 23 of 36 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
1273 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Didn't it directly lead into that second DS game, though? Why does it have to be a direct console-based sequel?


The 3DS game leads into the third one, like how chain of memories tie in KH1 and KH2. I think the reason everyone wanted it to be console based one is because the best ones were on the console and all the side game were on handheld. The only one that is arguably not a side game was the 3DS one.


What? Birth By Sleep was superb. Might as well of just called it KH0. I really hope they stop with these stupid subtitles, though. They're always so ambiguous and insignificant.

Also, I was talking about the DS game: KH Coded, or something along those lines. That's where Sora went after he got the letter, right?


Oh that game. That was just a random obscure KH game that came out on mobile phones at first. Yes Birth by Sleep was amazing, probably my second favorite, but that was a 10 year prequel. I guess you wouldn't count it as a side game though.


None of these games are side games though (Except maybe 358/2 days, but it really does clear a lot of things up). Coded is what happens after Kingdom Hears 2 and before Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep is A prequel that begins to show its significance in Dream Drop Distance. And Dream Drop Distance is the game that directly takes place Before Kingdom Hearts 3.


Well I already know this, its just... Coded felt so pointless you know.


I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.


Coded was pointless for the most part. How is DDD? I'm too lazy to watch a full walkthrough and don't own a 3DS. On an importance scale, how high is it? Would you say it is somewhat relevant to the overall storyline?


Pretty much something important is going to happen in the next installment if we ever get there.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 24 of 36 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6400 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Didn't it directly lead into that second DS game, though? Why does it have to be a direct console-based sequel?


The 3DS game leads into the third one, like how chain of memories tie in KH1 and KH2. I think the reason everyone wanted it to be console based one is because the best ones were on the console and all the side game were on handheld. The only one that is arguably not a side game was the 3DS one.


What? Birth By Sleep was superb. Might as well of just called it KH0. I really hope they stop with these stupid subtitles, though. They're always so ambiguous and insignificant.

Also, I was talking about the DS game: KH Coded, or something along those lines. That's where Sora went after he got the letter, right?


Oh that game. That was just a random obscure KH game that came out on mobile phones at first. Yes Birth by Sleep was amazing, probably my second favorite, but that was a 10 year prequel. I guess you wouldn't count it as a side game though.


None of these games are side games though (Except maybe 358/2 days, but it really does clear a lot of things up). Coded is what happens after Kingdom Hears 2 and before Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep is A prequel that begins to show its significance in Dream Drop Distance. And Dream Drop Distance is the game that directly takes place Before Kingdom Hearts 3.


Well I already know this, its just... Coded felt so pointless you know.


I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.


Coded was pointless for the most part. How is DDD? I'm too lazy to watch a full walkthrough and don't own a 3DS. On an importance scale, how high is it? Would you say it is somewhat relevant to the overall storyline?


Well, some things are important to know from it, and since it leads straight up to KH3 I would say it is pretty important.

Message 25 of 36 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2012
Offline
140 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

 


I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.


Coded was pointless for the most part. How is DDD? I'm too lazy to watch a full walkthrough and don't own a 3DS. On an importance scale, how high is it? Would you say it is somewhat relevant to the overall storyline?


It's rather very important, and you should probably watch/play it if you really want to understand what's gonna happen in Kingdom Hearts 3. And I'm gonna assume that you beat Birth By Sleep, so you'll already have an understanding of what going on/going to happen.

Message 26 of 36 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Mmmkay. This game is... okay. As much as I love Lightning (And I mean that in the I wanna **bleep** her way and the as a character way) her adventures just need to end. Please Square Enix,  just work on FFVSXIII and KH3.... I would much prefer those games to be made. But as usual, I will be buying this for 2 reasons. Because its Square Enix, and because its FF.


Ignorance at its finest. You do realize that different development teams are working on the different games right? Also, the development team that worked on Kingdom Hearts is the same one thats doing Final Fantasy VS XIII. And won't start Kingdom Hearts 3 until they finish VS XIII.


I do remember reading something like that. But anyway, I still am a bit mad about how Square releases a new FF game every year but can't release a main series KH game in years. Thats how things are I guess.  Thank you sir, for correcting my ignorant post Smiley Embarassed 

 


I'm just upset when people can't let things go. Why is it that when a game/film has a good, resolute ending, people still feel the need to beg for sequels? (See: Red Dead Redemption)

Did KH2 have a bad ending? No. Did any FF game before X? No.
Did inFamous 2 have a great ending and another intentionally not-so-great ending? Yes, the developers wanted to attach a positive message and put a fitting end to Cole's journey.

Too often in recent memory, people yearn for trilogies. Nolan didn't even want to make Dark Knight Rises until the studio pushed him into it. Gears of War 2 ends with humanity gaining a huge advantage over its opposition, but then in the sequel they're back to square one... because money.

"Never say goodbye." If you don’t say 'goodbye,' then you aren't really gone. You.. just aren't here right now." - Carolina (RvB)


Not a GoW (Not God of War) fan, but interesting. Dark Knight Rises was beyond good and inFamous doesn't really need a sequel, tbh. But KH only is gonna be a trilogy because Square heavily hinted at it with all the hidden endings and such. I can accept some series' ending, but some just are too good to end. Some need to end and some need to be revived. That is just how it is Smiley Indifferent


I didn't say anything about God of War. Although, that technically could of ended with the second one if the writers didn't feel like elongating the story. And I thought Rises was good, held back only by some weird pacing issues.

Now, I almost wholly disagree with this. All good things should come to an end, and why not stop at the peak? Ratchet and Clank: ACiT had a great final act, and capped off the series quite well. If things were over and done right then and there, I'd be more content with the series as a whole. But they keep on miking the cow, and the cow isn't as young and efficient as she used to be.

Let me ask you somethin'... do you want Kingdom Hearts: All 4 One? Or Kingdom Hearts: Forever?
Or do you want to be able to tell people why you love and recommend the games long after the series has met its resolution?


Ratchet and Clank was kinda what I was hinting at when I was saying some need to go Smiley Tongue And by God of War I was saying GoW stood for Gears of War, not God of War. I would love to see how KH4 would turn out actually. Lets look at FF, tons of games, and most were decent if not good. I see your point though. I also said I can accept some endings. Resistance is over, pretty good series for the most part. I love your cow analogy. I know what you mean, some things are best left awesome and not overdone. The Jak games are a good example of that. 3 awesome games, not overdone. I submit to you, sir. Yet another person who has countered my inferior posts. I feel like I'm having an off day. All my posts have included such weak arguements. I give up, I'm just gonna read other people's thoughts for now....

Message 27 of 36 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

link3249 wrote:

 


I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.


Coded was pointless for the most part. How is DDD? I'm too lazy to watch a full walkthrough and don't own a 3DS. On an importance scale, how high is it? Would you say it is somewhat relevant to the overall storyline?


It's rather very important, and you should probably watch/play it if you really want to understand what's gonna happen in Kingdom Hearts 3. And I'm gonna assume that you beat Birth By Sleep, so you'll already have an understanding of what going on/going to happen.


All 3 characters. And believe it or not, I did it using no upgrades and enhancements. Just the basics. If thats the case then I'll make sure to catch up on DDD. Thanks for answering, everybody! 

Message 28 of 36 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

The reason I give FF a pass on my "overdone-sequel" rule is because every game is not just a story, but a world unto itself. Each usually encompasses a different setting and time period such as medieval, steampunk, modern, and post-modern. Until X and X-2 came along and messed that up. That's why I wish they would just call Versus "XV" and just make it completely seperate from XIII.

Kingdom Hearts, on the other hand, is an overly-complex and inherently absurd narrative that succeeds by being genuinely charming and fun. At some point, the threads need to come together before a mess is made. (And some would argue that it already has been...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 29 of 36 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

Oh, and about the Jak series... I don't think Jak II has aged too well! *Hides in flame-proof hoodie*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 30 of 36 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes