Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: For Lightning Fans!

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Mmmkay. This game is... okay. As much as I love Lightning (And I mean that in the I wanna **bleep** her way and the as a character way) her adventures just need to end. Please Square Enix,  just work on FFVSXIII and KH3.... I would much prefer those games to be made. But as usual, I will be buying this for 2 reasons. Because its Square Enix, and because its FF.

Ignorance at its finest. You do realize that different development teams are working on the different games right? Also, the development team that worked on Kingdom Hearts is the same one thats doing Final Fantasy VS XIII. And won't start Kingdom Hearts 3 until they finish VS XIII.

I do remember reading something like that. But anyway, I still am a bit mad about how Square releases a new FF game every year but can't release a main series KH game in years. Thats how things are I guess.  Thank you sir, for correcting my ignorant post Smiley Embarassed 

I'm just upset when people can't let things go. Why is it that when a game/film has a good, resolute ending, people still feel the need to beg for sequels? (See: Red Dead Redemption)

Did KH2 have a bad ending? No. Did any FF game before X? No.
Did inFamous 2 have a great ending and another intentionally not-so-great ending? Yes, the developers wanted to attach a positive message and put a fitting end to Cole's journey.

Too often in recent memory, people yearn for trilogies. Nolan didn't even want to make Dark Knight Rises until the studio pushed him into it. Gears of War 2 ends with humanity gaining a huge advantage over its opposition, but then in the sequel they're back to square one... because money.

"Never say goodbye." If you don’t say 'goodbye,' then you aren't really gone. You.. just aren't here right now." - Carolina (RvB)

While I do agree on some things, the KH2 ending did hint towards a sequel. In fact it was pretty much inevitable.

Message 11 of 36 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

Didn't it directly lead into that second DS game, though? Why does it have to be a direct console-based sequel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 12 of 36 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Didn't it directly lead into that second DS game, though? Why does it have to be a direct console-based sequel?

The 3DS game leads into the third one, like how chain of memories tie in KH1 and KH2. I think the reason everyone wanted it to be console based one is because the best ones were on the console and all the side game were on handheld. The only one that is arguably not a side game was the 3DS one.

Message 13 of 36 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

link3249 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Mmmkay. This game is... okay. As much as I love Lightning (And I mean that in the I wanna **bleep** her way and the as a character way) her adventures just need to end. Please Square Enix,  just work on FFVSXIII and KH3.... I would much prefer those games to be made. But as usual, I will be buying this for 2 reasons. Because its Square Enix, and because its FF.

Ignorance at its finest. You do realize that different development teams are working on the different games right? Also, the development team that worked on Kingdom Hearts is the same one thats doing Final Fantasy VS XIII. And won't start Kingdom Hearts 3 until they finish VS XIII.

I do remember reading something like that. But anyway, I still am a bit mad about how Square releases a new FF game every year but can't release a main series KH game in years. Thats how things are I guess.  Thank you sir, for correcting my ignorant post Smiley Embarassed 

I'm just upset when people can't let things go. Why is it that when a game/film has a good, resolute ending, people still feel the need to beg for sequels? (See: Red Dead Redemption)

Did KH2 have a bad ending? No. Did any FF game before X? No.
Did inFamous 2 have a great ending and another intentionally not-so-great ending? Yes, the developers wanted to attach a positive message and put a fitting end to Cole's journey.

Too often in recent memory, people yearn for trilogies. Nolan didn't even want to make Dark Knight Rises until the studio pushed him into it. Gears of War 2 ends with humanity gaining a huge advantage over its opposition, but then in the sequel they're back to square one... because money.

"Never say goodbye." If you don’t say 'goodbye,' then you aren't really gone. You.. just aren't here right now." - Carolina (RvB)

Not a GoW (Not God of War) fan, but interesting. Dark Knight Rises was beyond good and inFamous doesn't really need a sequel, tbh. But KH only is gonna be a trilogy because Square heavily hinted at it with all the hidden endings and such. I can accept some series' ending, but some just are too good to end. Some need to end and some need to be revived. That is just how it is Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 36 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

The 3DS game leads into the third one, like how chain of memories tie in KH1 and KH2. I think the reason everyone wanted it to be console based one is because the best ones were on the console and all the side game were on handheld. The only one that is arguably not a side game was the 3DS one.

What? Birth By Sleep was superb. Might as well of just called it KH0. I really hope they stop with these stupid subtitles, though. They're always so ambiguous and insignificant.

Also, I was talking about the DS game: KH Coded, or something along those lines. That's where Sora went after he got the letter, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 15 of 36 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

What? Birth By Sleep was superb. Might as well of just called it KH0. I really hope they stop with these stupid subtitles, though. They're always so ambiguous and insignificant.

Also, I was talking about the DS game: KH Coded, or something along those lines. That's where Sora went after he got the letter, right?

Yes, and agreed. BBS was the only spin off that actually mattered or wasn't a waste of time. Days was good for just gaining knowledge but doesn't matter much anymore since Roxas fused back with Sora (don't quote me on that). Coded was nearly pointless, though. Not sure how DDD went, but as far as I know, it doesn't seem that useful. KH3 is coming sometime, and whenever it does, I'll be here buying KH3 collectors edition Cat Happy

Message 16 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Oh that game. That was just a random obscure KH game that came out on mobile phones at first. Yes Birth by Sleep was amazing, probably my second favorite, but that was a 10 year prequel. I guess you wouldn't count it as a side game though.

Message 17 of 36 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Oh that game. That was just a random obscure KH game that came out on mobile phones at first. Yes Birth by Sleep was amazing, probably my second favorite, but that was a 10 year prequel. I guess you wouldn't count it as a side game though.

None of these games are side games though (Except maybe 358/2 days, but it really does clear a lot of things up). Coded is what happens after Kingdom Hears 2 and before Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep is A prequel that begins to show its significance in Dream Drop Distance. And Dream Drop Distance is the game that directly takes place Before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Message 18 of 36 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 22, 2012

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

None of these games are side games though (Except maybe 358/2 days, but it really does clear a lot of things up). Coded is what happens after Kingdom Hears 2 and before Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep is A prequel that begins to show its significance in Dream Drop Distance. And Dream Drop Distance is the game that directly takes place Before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Well I already know this, its just... Coded felt so pointless you know.

Message 19 of 36 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Ginta2468 wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Well I already know this, its just... Coded felt so pointless you know.

I know. Smiley Tongue To me, when I first played Coded, it felt like it had a higher level of importance. Then when I played Dream Drop Distance, all that went out the window.

Message 20 of 36 (41 Views)
0 Likes