Dec 05 2012
By: n00ne_imp0rtant Splicer 53 posts

Fix Parappa's Level 1

7 replies 184 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I've been maining Parappa, and I have to say that his Level 1 is just way too hard to land. The upward kick motion makes it so you can only land it if an opponent is literally pressing up against you or suspended in the air diagonally, and this coupled with the ability to be "kicked out" of your Level 1 makes it way too difficult to land and nearly impossible to multikill. I never use it and always just save up for the Level 2 (or Level 3 if we have some top-notch evaders on the board). This could be fixed simply by directing the "kick" more laterally instead of up-and-out.

Message 1 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Fix Parappa's Level 1

Dec 5, 2012
It doesn't need fixing. Mic grab + Level 1 super = win
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Dec 5, 2012
He's not the only one with a lackluster lvl1. I've been mic pulled right into it countless times..
Message 3 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Dec 5, 2012
My brother mains parappa and when we play some 2v2 he gets a ton of level 1 kills. Of course the idea is to save for his awesome level 2. But I've had both guys locked in my ak fire with drake which gave him an easy 2 kills for only a level 1. So I wouldn't say it needs fixing its just needs the right situation.
Message 4 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 5, 2012

So what you are saying is... since you yourself are having a hard time with using parappas level 1 they need to "fix" it. I'm just gonna give you some advice. The level 1 supers are all setup based. meaning you will have to set up the situation to use it. The level 2's are more friendly meaning you wont have to focus so hard in setting it up. level 3's are guarenteed kills with most characters and easy kills with other chars. Keep playing parappa and you will figure out ways to set up his level 1 for single and multi kills. trust me. 

most people mic grab to lv 1 although people who are experenced know you can dodge it still.

atleast you dont play dante where you have to cancle into your level 1... 

O-ScRoLL
Message 5 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 5, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
It doesn't need fixing. Mic grab + Level 1 super = win

That doesn't always work, but it is the best way to land it. However, his level one, overall, is okay.

Message 6 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 5, 2012
^ Yeah I know, sometimes people move out of the way quick enough, that or they'll teleport out of my range due to the game being broken or laggy. If its not working then I usually save up for a level 2.

His mic grab is amazing though, I love it lol.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Theres a few way to land his level 1 walls are your friends that's all I'm saying also your air skate could help you too.
Message 8 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes