Survivor
2388 posts

Re: First Party Character Poll

Jan 20, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

I don't love it, it doesn't look like a good game. And what does it matter if i have third party characters on my list? all of the third party characters from a PS1 game on my list are much more well known/beloved than Dart, and he is definitely not 100% more deserving than ANYONE on my list, mainly because he is so unoriginal. He is one of my least wanted characters for this game (the 3 are sora(i dont want disney in this game), snake(i will break my disc if he ever gets in) and Dart(because he is such a rip-off of other games (mainly Final Fantasy (it is like coco-roos to cocoa puffs))).

also its not blowing up in my face, lol im not upset at all right now, i just dont get why so many people like him (the game seems so terrible)

also tag would be pretty sweet, but isn't sweet tooth already from a racing genre lol?

I find it hilarious that ur debating the popularity of a character that is WINNING the popularity poll, ahead of the characters u claim to be more popular than him..... 

Message 61 of 215 (129 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

I don't love it, it doesn't look like a good game. And what does it matter if i have third party characters on my list? all of the third party characters from a PS1 game on my list are much more well known/beloved than Dart, and he is definitely not 100% more deserving than ANYONE on my list, mainly because he is so unoriginal. He is one of my least wanted characters for this game (the 3 are sora(i dont want disney in this game), snake(i will break my disc if he ever gets in) and Dart(because he is such a rip-off of other games (mainly Final Fantasy (it is like coco-roos to cocoa puffs))).

also its not blowing up in my face, lol im not upset at all right now, i just dont get why so many people like him (the game seems so terrible)=

You got a pretty massive hate-on for Dart to be posting about him across 3 threads (is a supposedly obscure character making you that insecure?). If you hate him so much, go make a move-set for one of your characters and see if you can get 22 Kudos for it. Then maybe you can talk about originality.

And btw, I guarantee you Dart would sell more DLC if he were released than anyone on your list: when LoD came out on the PSN, it outsold everyone else (including FF VII) so thoroughly that it remained the top-selling PS1 Classic for 3 months straight, maybe longer. It's still going strong to this day.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 62 of 215 (127 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@Sackboy

Well, there's, uh... Hm.

A Wipeout ship? The MotorStorm guy?

Message 63 of 215 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

He is winning a first party popularity poll, not third party.
and I do have hate for him lol he is such a rip off of Final Fantasy, I don't even play those games and i can tell that he is, and why would i have to do something to talk about originality? His game isn't original, and that is a fact, if you ask the creators of the game their inspiration for the game, they will most likely say Final Fantasy and any other games that were popular at that time.
And i am 100% positive that it won't outsell everyone on my list (it would outsell some(maube 2 or 3 people), but definitely not all), im pretty sure all of the third party characters on my list sold more games than LoD (also the just the Playstation store doesnt really count, you would have to look at the total sales of the game)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 64 of 215 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Nothing in this world is original anymore. It's silly to get so frustrated over THAT of all things.

If people want to like something, then let them. Maybe something good will come out of it.

Message 65 of 215 (104 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
He is winning a first party popularity poll, not third party.

Of course, since the poll-makers know he'd be winning too much on that side too.

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
I don't even play those games

I guess we're done here then (unless you have some affinity for talking out of your @$$).

Message 66 of 215 (102 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

^^^LocoRoco is original, same as The King, Ari and Stan, UberHero, a bunch of things are original (also im not frustrated at all, lol i just dont get why they like a a character whos concept is such a rip off of other games), also nothing good will happen, they will all ask SuperBot for a sucky character, then they will think that this small amount of members that make up this forum are all of the Us/Uk/etc and bring in a sucky person into the game, then we will all be stuck with garbage

and im not talking out of my @$$, He looks and sounds highly unoriginal, and the game looks boring (i dont want to play it, and i'm not going to, i have a higher chance of playing a beyblades game than playing LoD)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 67 of 215 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
also im not frustrated at all, lol i just dont get why they like a a character whos concept is such a rip off of other games

See, now if that was true you wouldn't showing off your massive hate-on so vehemently. No, if you didn't care then you'd be leaving.

It's nice to know you care so much.

Message 68 of 215 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
*snip*

If you don't care, then why are you still desperately trying to argue against us? Especially when your not providing anything to back up your claims.

And lol at Ari & Stan somehow being worth anything. I love their game but no one would even buy those two unless they were packed with a good character.

Message 69 of 215 (82 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

am i supposed to defend my stance on not being upset? that is just plain stupid... (if i were angry i would have the same chance of walking away from my computer than if i wasn't angry (which im not))

anyways yeah, back to what i was getting at:
Dart:Final Fantasy = CocoRoos:Cocoa Puffs

^^^WhAAAA?!?!?!?!?!?! they are the best, and would be amaisingly fun to play as, imagine the T-Bag possibilities and what their taunts would be, I would pay 30 bucks for Ari and Stan DLC alone, and I currently only have $7 (you could eat strawberrys to gain AP, and fight with a wooden sword, every now and then Stan will get **bleep** off and kill everyone, and you can get all the ladys(your guy has like 4 girlfriends at once in that game)) (it just seems odd that instead of them you want a flying marth that shoots lightning bolts or w/e he does)

Message 70 of 215 (81 Views)
0 Likes