Last Guardian
9918 posts

Re: Finn from Sorcery: Yay or Nay?

Feb 16, 2013
I'm all for a character that could add something unique to the game.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 11 of 31 (169 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 16, 2013
i'd say yah. he would add a really uniquie playstyle. i would say he would have mid to long range attacks and mabey punches and kicks as square?
Message 12 of 31 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Feb 16, 2013

For now I say Yah due to him possibly bringing a new playstyle to the game.

But it would be nice to get some other characters that fans really want to get people to like this game again.

I mean when it comes to first party whose IP's are still relevant, there aren't much left. So if the next is another first party, Finn makes some sense, but his rival, thats going to be tough to figure out because its more than likely going to be an older IP or very obscure.

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 13 of 31 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I think he'd be a fun and unique character, we need magic. However there are of course more deserving reps

Message 14 of 31 (142 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Moonlight150 wrote:

For now I say Yah due to him possibly bringing a new playstyle to the game.

But it would be nice to get some other characters that fans really want to get people to like this game again.

I mean when it comes to first party whose IP's are still relevant, there aren't much left. So if the next is another first party, Finn makes some sense, but his rival, thats going to be tough to figure out because its more than likely going to be an older IP or very obscure.

His rival actually takes no work at all.

You take the Monkey Robot from the EyeToy games and give him moves that showcase all the minigames they had.

Pair them for rivalry as console addons or innovations.

Message 15 of 31 (129 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Feb 16, 2013

So the concensus seems to be that while Finn could add a lot in terms of gameplay, most people have their own priorties on who should make it into the game first (I for one would buy Dart in a heartbeat).

Finn's best possible rival in my opinion would be a knight from Demon's Souls. I think it just fits well.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 16 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Don't care if he makes it in or not.

Message 17 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Heavenly Sword sold over a one and a half million copies. Sorcery & Starhawk barely sold a tenth of that, so I wouldn't group Nariko with them, although I agree, sales are no excuse to exclude certain characters. Although I disagree about only getting obsecure characters, although that's to be seen.

Heavenly Sword still failed to break even and resulted in a financial loss for Sony/Ninja Theory. That's why I grouped them together.

And although I obviously don't know for sure what future DLC plans are, looking at it from Sony's perspective, it just makes very little sense to put highly requested characters in this game as DLC instead of saving them for a sequel. This game hasn't sold well, and no post-release character is going to change that, so it would be much smarter for Sony to hold off for the sequel and use those iconic characters to build up hype for the game pre-release.

Only exceptions I can see happening are Big Boss from the upcoming MGS game and maybe the new Lara Croft as part of a marketing deal. But Crash, Cloud or Spyro? I really don't think they have a chance. DLC's just not that profitable.

Message 18 of 31 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Oh, fair enough.

If by 'requested' you mean Crash, Cloud, Snake or Spyro then I agree, I don't see their chances being particularly high (Big Boss or Old Snake may be possible I hope), but I take requested characters to mean Abe, Lara, Dart etc. There are plenty of characters that they could easily get into the game, that are also very highly requested, including third party e.g. Ubisoft rep, Persona rep etc.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 16, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IMO

But if he's in I will be very mad because SB or whoever thought this was ok to skip over characters and to even put him in should be fired like now, and like forever
Message 20 of 31 (82 Views)
0 Likes